Oregon and next....?

NeilG

Dear all

It was most a felicititous and agreeable matter the other morrow to find advertised and available for pecuniary appropriation the latest product of your labours in all its digital finery: towit, that virtual representation of the state of Oregon, now written upon my personal computer. For this I must congratulate you. However, that is now installed and working and so it has been these last two days. In that time  I fear that your customers have been forced to endure almost complete silence. It is, therefore, with a certain amount of regret that I am now forced to chastise you. Let me put it bluntly: Where is California? It has been nearly four days since your last major release and I fear that a certain tardiness  must have fallen over ORBX. I can only imagine that the exertions of recent past may have brought about a temporary episode of lethargy. Very well, I shall let it pass on this occasion. However, I trust you will now study to amend the situation quickly and I will expect notice of the said item’s availability for purchase in the very near future. I will end with a constructive warning: if I ran the regiment as you seem pleased to run ORBX it would have been unlikely that the recent episode of mass psychoses would have been quite so devastating as it has turned out to be.

Yours mentally disturbed

Major General Giles Fitzghastly KGB UFO and bar.

well done guys

neil.

Well my friendly fiendish friend.  ORBX California, right down to Mexico, across to Texas and up the NE coast are all available as I type this.

Only one problem:  they are availalbe in a parallel universe.  Assuming you are stuck in this one, as I am, you will have to spend some time flying around Oregon until therte's nowhere left to explore, and by then, I'd say the California sceneries might well be on the horizon.

Hi whatever your name is :D. JV has already said that next will be Northern then Southern California. Then Orbx will be hopping over to the East Coast of said country, where is it again. No wonder we couldn’t beat you lot your country is so vast we would have got lost. Only joking America is a fantastic place to visit as we have. Where was I oh yes JV did say what would be coming but I’m old and have forgotten. Derek.

Gentlemen - and ladies as I’m given to understand the fairer sex also make the occasional foray into our hobby these days, oh well! -  I am grateful for your responses and reassurances. My concern, of course, was as much for the artisans of ORBX as for my own gratification. I’m sure you understand. Order and discipline is a quality lamentably absent these days and my fear was that those under the generalship of Mr Venema may have become infected by a touch of the ‘flunkies’, a dreadful malady brought on by indiscipline and marked by disorder and thence non productivity.. However, you have convinced me by your own confidence that I may have have been a tad premature with my dark prognostications. I shall therefore regard the matter as resolved and shall look toward to the speedy production of new places of interest..

Yours with considerably less indignation

The Hon Sir Sebastian Morbid-Chinless esq. Inebriate in waiting to HRH The Duke of Earl.

I just installed Oregon TE and took just my 1st short flight and am really loving it, especially since in just taking off at Vancouver Wa Pearson Air Field KVUO flying over PDX along Marine Drive over my old office building including the pond across the street where I watched Osprey build nest's and Beaver chew thru trees to the point pne had to be careful walking around it on windy days, then down I205 to Sunnyside rd and out to over my house and all was amazingly recognizable and identifiable, taking many screen shots along the way just to blow my wife away with.  So far I am in live with it as obviously I am an Oregonian.  But I have lived on many places before settling back in Oregon, thanks to being raised in the US Army, the last of which was Texas so eventually Ill be buying them all I fear!  Maybe my comment does not fit in this thread?  If so I apologize!  I may not talk as Well as the OP,  in Texas they would say "He shore do talk purdy".   Very entertaining I'll add.  

Archived