Oregon Stuck Installing?

MrScott

Log Attached. 

In the process of downloading Oregon HD my system crashed but just prior it looked as though I was at 68%. Upon restart and Opening O.C. it says I have no downloads and so I went Products where Oregon said with as ready to install. FYI, I created a Library just for Oregon on a Separate Drive and plan to rename the Current O.C. Library to Washington. My issue with Oregon is it is stuck with a spinning animation (see attached) How do I correct?

Thanks, 

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Stuck SS.jpg

central.log

1 hour ago, MrScott said:

Log Attached. 

In the process of downloading Oregon HD my system crashed but just prior it looked as though I was at 68%. Upon restart and Opening O.C. it says I have no downloads and so I went Products where Oregon said with as ready to install. FYI, I created a Library just for Oregon on a Separate Drive and plan to rename the Current O.C. Library to Washington. My issue with Oregon is it is stuck with a spinning animation (see attached) How do I correct?

Thanks, 

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Stuck SS.jpg

central.log 3.65 MB · 0 downloads

Clearly something went south when my system crashed. Stuff happens! So, it has been several hours now and the INSTALL is spinning with nothing happening in the designated Library. Give how Orbx creates its own links I have no idea what to do to assess what is successfully downloaded and /or installed. PLEASE, advise my next move. If I need to download again fine, but I need to have access to the Download file again in order to do so. Sorry for the trouble!

Hello,

I see your rants in your other topic which a colleague has now hidden from view.
I do apologise for not responding to your topic, although the response could

only have been to refer you to the Orbx Central developers.

There are now a number of outstanding support requests in the Orbx Central forum

which require the in depth knowledge of the Orbx Central developers to answer.

This topic is one of them and I hope that they will attend to it when they return to the forums.

10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I see your rants in your other topic which a colleague has now hidden from view.

There are now a number of outstanding support requests in the Orbx Central forum

This topic is one of them and I hope that they will attend to it when they return to the forums.

Nick, thank you. Again, I apologies for the rant and hope you understand my frustration. At this point I think the solution is easy. Since I have completely deleted everything I can find on my system that refers to OREGON, I simply need ORBX Central to reset so I can restart the download process. This seem like a reasonable request and should be a feature of Central. We all know "Stuff happens" that is out of our control so, if a process is incomplete, for whatever the reason, re-start. I checked Central again this AM and it remains in the "INSTALL" state. What is it looking at that is signalling Central for me to install? I am reviewing the Central User Guide now and how there will be something to clue me in on what to try. 

Thanks again and I do appreciate your help.

Hello.

First try selecting the "Downloads" tab on the opening page.

This should open a white window with an X that should stop and remove the active download.

If that does not work, I wonder if it would help to use the Windows control panel to uninstall Orbx Central.

Then go to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Programs and if it is still there,

delete the orbx-central folder.

Also to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\ and delete the Orbx folder if it remains.

Then try installing Orbx Central again and see if it is reset.

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello.

I wonder if it would help to use the Windows control panel to uninstall Orbx Central.

Also to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\ and delete the Orbx folder if it remains.

Nick, I'm game for anything. I don't even mind download all my Purchase again and do a fresh Download and install. BRB after I try your suggestion.

Thanks,

5 minutes ago, MrScott said:

Nick, thank you. Again, I apologies for the rant and hope you understand my frustration. At this point I think the solution is easy. Since I have completely deleted everything I can find on my system that refers to OREGON, I simply need ORBX Central to reset so I can restart the download process. This seem like a reasonable request and should be a feature of Central. We all know "Stuff happens" that is out of our control so, if a process is incomplete, for whatever the reason, re-start. I checked Central again this AM and it remains in the "INSTALL" state. What is it looking at that is signalling Central for me to install? I am reviewing the Central User Guide now and how there will be something to clue me in on what to try. 

Thanks again and I do appreciate your help.

Mr. Scott, this is above my knowledge of all things Orbx.  They will get back to you on this however so not to worry.  If it were me I would consider uninstalling Central completely through the Control Panel and reinstalling.  I've never seen anyone with a situation like this.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Mr. Scott, this is above my knowledge of all things Orbx.  They will get back to you on this however so not to worry.  If it were me I would consider uninstalling Central completely through the Control Panel and reinstalling.  I've never seen anyone with a situation like this.

Jack,

Nick, too, suggested same. Replying to him now.

Thanks,

12 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello.

First try selecting the "Downloads" tab on the opening page.

This should open a white window with an X that should stop and remove the active download.

If that does not work, I wonder if it would help to use the Windows control panel to uninstall Orbx Central.

Nick,

After removing and reinstalling Central 4.0.6 I clicked on INSTALL and this time it gave me options. I chose the "New ORBX Library" I created after removing all references  to Oregon I could find, and it appears to be installing. How Large is the OREGON HD Install file supposed to be? See attached.

I pray this did the trick. 

Post reinstall of Central 1.jpg

Post reinstall of Central 2.jpg

3 minutes ago, MrScott said:

How Large is the OREGON HD Install file supposed to be?

I just checked, mine is HD and weighs in at 219 BG.

Well, I'm glad reinstalling helped as I thought it would because Central is smart enough to see its products and where they're installed.

There are a number of KVUO related items that are not loading so I hope once Oregon is installed this will be resolved. If unrelated, please advise what might be the issue and/or should I uninstall it and reinstall?

Ideally, I would like to have separate folders for as follows:

ORBX REGIONS\

\\Oregon Library

\\Washington Library

ORBX AIRPORTS\

\\KVUO

\\L52

ORBX Other

\\Libraries

\\USMV Monument Valley

Is the above doable or are there some ORBX items that must share a common folder?

Thanks,

Log.txt

25 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I just checked, mine is HD and weighs in at 219 BG.

Well, I'm glad reinstalling helped as I thought it would because Central is smart enough to see its products and where they're installed.

Jack, I know that is the Completed size but if you noticed in my image above the "Downloaded" file ORBX appears to be using to install the complete package is on 45.8 GB. I can only assume if it were not a complete file ready to install the INSTALL button would not be available.

It extracts to a different folder than the final destination and that too can be changed in settings.  It’s 45 GB because it’s not yet unpacked.

As for several different directories, that I’m not sure, I want to say no but someone else will have to verify.  It’s been my experience that you can only have one library location.  If you want to talk later PM with your Discord address.

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

after the TE Oregon HD files are installed, they will then be converted on your PC.

This can take quite a long time and does indeed massively enlarge the size of the installed product.

Nick, 

Knowing it is 250K+ GB unpacked I expected it would take awhile. Currently at 93% 8.5 hours at high download speeds. The download took about 4 ish hours @ 825 Mbps DL speeds ( vary based on time of day). No worries though, I've been building Ortho4XP custom tiles for the rest of the USA and with three PC crunching away 24/7 I should be complete in 4 days so, I can wait 8 or 10 hours for what looks to be ORBX's best work yet. 

Thanks for helping and for pulling my "Less than happy" posts. I was going to delete them once this was resolved.

Will Post final numbers when complete.

Installing at last.jpg

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

after the TE Oregon HD files are installed, they will then be converted on your PC.

This can take quite a long time and does indeed massively enlarge the size of the installed product.

Nick,

I'm at 100% now for about 30 minutes and nothing is happening that I can tell. See attached. 

100 percent and waiting.jpg

Two hours to complete the install. Have not started X-Plane yet but I'm optimistic all is okay. Will run xOrganizer first to see if the Washington errors have been correct. Will report back.

Total time once download initiated to complete install...11 hours. 

4 minutes ago, MrScott said:

Two hours to complete the install. Have not started X-Plane yet but I'm optimistic all is okay. Will run xOrganizer first to see if the Washington errors have been correct. Will report back.

Total time once download initiated to complete install...11 hours. 

Dang Scott, it took me a total of maybe 45 minutes to download and install. 

I hope it goes well at least you’re making progress.

I too use xOrganizer.

On 8/18/2019 at 7:10 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

To All ORBX Staff, Moderators and Forum contributors,

I want to extend my sincere appreciation for your help and support in resolving my Oregon installation issues. I also wish extend a sincere apology for my out-of-line rants. My frustration got the better of me during this period and was not a true reflection of how I conduct myself on a daily basis. I do hope we can move past this, and in the future, enjoy pleasant and constructive exchanges that more appropriately reflect a desire to help users enjoy their time here as well as provide ORBX information to further refine and deliver outstanding products for us all to enjoy in the months and years ahead. 

Respectfully yours,

MrScott

13 minutes ago, MrScott said:

To All ORBX Staff, Moderators and Forum contributors,

I want to extend my sincere appreciation for your help and support in resolving my Oregon installation issues. I also wish extend a sincere apology for my out-of-line rants. My frustration got the better of me during this period and was not a true reflection of how I conduct myself on a daily basis. I do hope we can move past this, and in the future, enjoy pleasant and constructive exchanges that more appropriately reflect a desire to help users enjoy their time here as well as provide ORBX information to further refine and deliver outstanding products for us all to enjoy in the months and years ahead. 

Respectfully yours,

MrScott

Nicely said Mr. Scott.  Thank you.

Thanks Jack. You all are really terrific. Quick Question - "Road Textures" Default or Transparent  - Which will yield the most realistic effect? Perhaps there is an in depth topic on the forum but I thought I would ask an expert.

Thanks,

12 minutes ago, MrScott said:

Thanks Jack. You all are really terrific. Quick Question - "Road Textures" Default or Transparent  - Which will yield the most realistic effect? Perhaps there is an in depth topic on the forum but I thought I would ask an expert.

Thanks,

:lol: I can assure you I’m not the expert.  I leave mine at default so it’s really a matter of preference.  

Best regards. 

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol: I can assure you I’m not the expert.  I leave mine at default so it’s really a matter of preference.  

Best regards. 

Humble for sure! :D

No worries. I'll try them both.

Thanks,

Archived