Orbx Central: "Activating Orbx Scenery"?

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  W 10

Simulator:  P3D v4.5 + HF1

Screenshot:  none

Issue:  Scenery activation by Orbx Central v4

Good morning everyone!

I've seen morphing scenery areas with P3D v4.5 after a trial installation of the "old" PHNL from FSDT.

I followed the advise here

but I miss the important action "Activating Orbx Scenery" best kown from FTX Central v3 after starting Orbx Central v4.

Is this feature still active? I'm afraid not as the terrain.cfg I've downloaded from the threat above is still untouched and shows the date of installation the day before yesterday.

Do you know a work around to activate Orbx' sceneries if this is still needed?

Thanks for your time and help!

Bert

Hi Bert,

The "activating Orbx scenery" no longer occurs every time you start Orbx Central. We now only do this after installing a new scenery, or if you go to Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator.

Could you please attach a screenshot (ideally with the coordinates showing) of the morphing you're seeing?

Hi Ben!

Thanks for your fast reply and the advice.

It was at the landside's vincinty of PHNL. As the morphing isn't there everytime I didn't see the areas at PHNL now but at Miami (LVFR's KMIA v5.1) again - have a look please.

I just tried the mentioned sync but it didn't solve the problem . the terrain.cfg has been updated though. Will search for the thread on this. I'm sure this has been solved before.

Kind regards!

Bert

MiamiMorphing.png

Thank you for the screenshot, Bert.

Do you have Orbx Global BASE installed directly into your simulator, or via a library?

We've identified an issue with Global BASE being installed into a library, and thus recommend it is still installed into the simulator (even though we previously allowed it to be installed into a library) until we can work with Lockheed Martin to resolve this. For more information, please see my topic here: 

If Global BASE is not installed into a library and is installed in your simulator (like FTXC3 does), @Holger Sandmann may be able to offer some suggestions.

Hi Ben!

I havn't installed BASE Pack in a library but cannot deinstall it via Orbx Central. The dialog only offers "verity files", "configure" and "User Guide".

Do you have an idea here?

Thanks a lot!

Bert

P.S. The old "problem" at Miami has been discussed here:

It could be solved - but after the migration to Orbx Central it is there again. "Verifz Diles@ doesn|t help. Again the problem is gone if NA openLC North Amercia has been deactivated.

On 8/18/2019 at 2:55 AM, Bert Groner said:

I havn't installed BASE Pack in a library but cannot deinstall it via Orbx Central. The dialog only offers "verity files", "configure" and "User Guide".

That's unusual, it should have an uninstall button for Global Base when installed into a library. I've noted this to be fixed.

You can uninstall Global Base manually by going to your Orbx library folder and deleting the "Global BASE Pack" folder within it.

Archived