Introducing LYBE Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport for Prepar3D v4!

20-28498eecb6c299e71f3b4774166edb5c.jpg

Hi everyone!

I’m thrilled to unveil the next project for Prepar3D v4 from Rasha Tucakov and myself - LYBE Belgrade Nikola Tesla International Airport in Serbia. This project has been a delight for us to work on, it is Rasha’s home airport, as well as an airport I’ve passed through many times when visiting my family that lives in the city.

Belgrade Airport is one of the fastest growing airports in Europe, with over 5.5 million passengers passing through in the last year. As the gateway to a city growing quickly in popularity amongst tourists, it receives a huge amount of scheduled and charter airline traffic, and acts as the main hub for Serbia’s flag carrier, Air Serbia. With a runway over 10,000ft long, you can pretty much fly any aircraft in here with ease. Whether you are flying to one of our nearby destinations such as Dubrovnik or Pula, or hopping in a small plane to fly low and slow above the city, this airport will cater to any kind of flying you wish to do!

We have modeled the entire airport in superb detail using extensive real-world photography, including interior modelling throughout the entire terminal building, making sure you have an immersive experience no matter which gate you start your flight at. There's also plenty of landside details to feast your eyes on - most noteworthy by far is the air museum, with every outside exhibit custom-modeled.  Beyond the airport, we’ve included a comprehensive CityScene, covering the majority of the Belgrade metro area in exquisite detail - with hundreds of POIs, apartment blocks, bridges and landmarks modeled in high detail, this is one of our most detailed and realistic cities to date. We have created all of this with the latest P3Dv4 native technologies and optimizations, making sure that you can fly here with even the most resource intensive aircraft.

COVERAGE

eR3xywi.jpg

AT A GLANCE

AIRPORT

- Ultra-detailed rendition of Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport

- Complete hand-coloured 5 seasonal variants

Long runway suitable for any kind of airliner operations

- Animated SODE jetways

- Superbly crafted terminal with interior modelling and custom reflections

- High detail multi-elevation parking lots and arrivals/departures areas

- Custom static aircraft, vegetation, and non-airside details

- Animated vehicles, GSE and PeopleFlow

- Advanced ambient occlusion and night lighting rendering techniques

- Designed to work best with Orbx Global or OpenLC Europe

- Developed for Prepar3D v4

CITYSCENE

Hundreds of custom POIs and buildings, including Usce, New Belgrade, Church of St. Sava, Beogradjanka, Avala Tower, VMA, Red Star Stadium, Palace of Serbia, and many more!

- All major bridges in the city custom modelled

- Over 100 square km of hand annotated, seasonal 50cm photoreal terrain to explore

- A huge extended area of custom landclass, mesh, roads and rivers beyond the primary coverage area, seamlessly blending with the photoreal coverage

We know many of you have been eagerly awaiting a new P3Dv4 location; work is progressing at a lightning pace, and we're very much looking forward to showing you more details of this project over the coming week!

Cheers,

Rasha and Misha

Misha and Rasha, this scenery package is looking amazing! It really looks like you two have been doing some outstanding work on the airport details and the surrounding city. This should be a joy to explore when it is released. Great location as well!

Misha, this is an absolute great news. Since both of us are Mittel-European (I'm from Trieste),  what a wonderful thing should be the developement of a Sarajevo airport, a city so full of History (and suffering).

Thanks for Belgrade, BTW.

Fulvio

Really excited about this scenery. Great to see something different from the usual "yet another US airport" which many other developers do. ORBX always provides new opportunities to explore regions you'd never think of flying in before. The Balkan is a really interesting region which a rich, if sometimes tragic history and great natural beauty and we're getting more and more great sceneries for it. 

4 hours ago, farman said:

Misha, this is an absolute great news. Since both of us are Mittel-European (I'm from Trieste),  what a wonderful thing should be the developement of a Sarajevo airport, a city so full of History (and suffering).

Thanks for Belgrade, BTW.

Fulvio

Agree along with LISZT :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, officercrockey said:

That's great. I always have been hoping that you guys would come back to Tivat one day. After Digital Design released that unexpectedly, Belgrad is the perfect match. With the upcoming Embraer I see myself flying a lot between Belgrade and Tivat :)

Tivat is beautifully made, fits Orbx like a ring

Tell me I'm dreaming. TELL ME I'm dreaming! Oh holy mother of Lord!! It will be a grave crime against the flight sim industry not to buy it at full price on day one! Christ I can see myself spending at least 200 hours just doing pattern practice around this masterpiece. At first when I saw the announcement on FSElite I thought it would be just the airport. Upon further inspection I was SHOCKED, yes literally shocked to find out that a huge amount of surrounding area has been brought back to life in extreme detail. Please devs, for the love of everything that's holy, release it asap and here's one big, big request: I have gone back to FTX Central 3 due to a lot of issues I had with ORBX Central 4. Please allow me to buy this airport using FTX Central 3. Thank you Misha, Rasha, and maestro Signore John Venema and crew for everything!

(P.S. The scenery generated by ORBX Global Base doesn't look too bad either. And that again is a testament to how amazing and useful ORBX's global base products really are. I have Base, Vector, and OpenLC EU. Never explored this area before and so will go there and see how it looks with all these three addons already enabled, just for academic purpose)

1 hour ago, Dust2Dust said:

one big, big request: I have gone back to FTX Central 3 due to a lot of issues I had with ORBX Central 4. Please allow me to buy this airport using FTX Central 3

We will try and have this available on FTXC3 as well.

That said, if you just use OC to install LYBE and don't migrate anything (as that's where most of the known issues are), you shouldn't have any problems. I can understand that you may be hesitant to do that though, which is why we'll aim for a simultaneous FTXC3 release too.

19 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

We will try and have this available on FTXC3 as well.

Thank you Ben

I would prefer to download it in FTXC3

I'll move again back to OC when I no longer see a post about an issue. That would be a good signal that all is indeed working perfectly as I liked the application :)

Cheers

Looks very nice, wonderful. What I do really like in the last preview screenshots is the comparison slider. With this slider, the difference is really obvious and it is a nice thing you guys at ORBX should keep for all future previews, please :-)

4 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Thank you Ben

I would prefer to download it in FTXC3

I'll move again back to OC when I no longer see a post about an issue. That would be a good signal that all is indeed working perfectly as I liked the application :)

Cheers

+ 1 :)

That looks stunning, well done to the developers.  Can I also say im loving how ORBX are previewing new products with the double images and slide bar.  For comparison you can not get any better in my eyes, well done for that touch.

6 hours ago, Rasha Tucakov said:

Wow. Such a warm welcome. Thank you guys. I'm so happy to see you like it!

Nice to "meet" you Rasha

It is always good to see the face behind the amazing products. I noticed we share the same hair stylist :D

Thank you so much for creating this off the beaten track airport.

Feel very free to think about, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Romania, Ukraine :rolleyes:

Cheers

Carlos

Looks good, my lasting memory of this airport was passing through a few weeks before 9/11, when I saw passengers routinely passing bags around the side of metal detectors as they walked through, and the armed police there stood and watched and didn't bat an eyelid.  

Thanks so much for the nice comments everyone, Rasha and I are incredibly humbled at the response this has gotten! Keep an eye out for some more previews soon, release isn't far off.

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Looks great and I will certainly buy it..

Btw “ If you find some time please renumber the runway from Dubrovnik .. “ :rolleyes:

We will fix this as soon as we can after this release, I agree it is well overdue :)

52 minutes ago, Misha Cajic said:

Thanks so much for the nice comments everyone, Rasha and I are incredibly humbled at the response this has gotten! Keep an eye out for some more previews soon, release isn't far off.

We will fix this as soon as we can after this release, I agree it is well overdue :)

Thanks Misha. For now let Belgrad come :D and as I have the whole Balcan as PR scenery it will look Superb.

On 8/16/2019 at 1:12 AM, carlosqr said:

Nice to "meet" you Rasha

It is always good to see the face behind the amazing products. I noticed we share the same hair stylist :D

Thank you so much for creating this off the beaten track airport.

Feel very free to think about, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Romania, Ukraine :rolleyes:

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos!
As far as I can see we have the best hairdo here! :D
Many East European airports are on my wish-list but I have only 24h in one day. I would love to cover as much airports as I can but producing nice scenery is very time consuming job. I´ll do better in the future. I can promise that.

Archived