Scenery Tiles that are just wrong

Toto-Free

Hello

Just recently I took a trip to Zion National Park and spend a week and half there. Coming home again I decided to use my sim and fly down the way I drove down.

Took off from Grand Junction Colorado and headed to Hurricane in UTAH.

Had Active Sky on with ASCA on as well.

Here is a screenshots that just disappointed me very much with the terrain modeling in Global. 

Screenshot on the left shows a solid line where vegetation is thinning out and shows a saw like pattern. the second screenshot shows what should be.

The second screenshot shows what it should look like. I encountered this type of problem a lot in my flight down and just wondering if something can be done to correct this issue.2019-8-14_8-29-21-20.thumb.jpg.9a7646cec30f4048c6d0d50b8e66f9c3.jpg2019-8-14_8-23-9-220.thumb.jpg.f8d355339c5c6f780bc5ca3a09392cb5.jpg

Hi there,

This seems to be easy to fix.
You open Orbx Central and choose "Global - Base Pack". On the right side you will see "Options" and below choose "Verify Files".
By doing this you will reset some missing files.
If you have openLC, do the same procedure.
I think we adjust everything. See the screenshot below:

1▼

VerifyGlobaBase.thumb.jpg.9c362e9c29bdc213b9a2b2a07bb41fad.jpg

Cheers,

Hi

I think some of the square edge effects you see are a function of the landclass in FSX/P3D, which is based around square cells of land class types.  Sometimes the landclass that is specified for an area contains that more natural edging inside the landclass tile, but at other time the whole tile will be a single texture and at the edge of the tile it will be a sharp edge to the next one.

That's what I understand anyway, someone else may have another take on what you've reported.

1 hour ago, Toto-Free said:

Hello Traveller 

Yes that did help a lot but I am still having the same problem only further along on my trip. Closer to Hurricane in UTAH.

Here is a screenshot 

2019-8-15_7-46-44-203.jpg

Hmm buddy. I suspect only a dev can solve your request.
I also have the same view you have, see:

1602533135_toHurricaneclosertoUtah.thumb.jpg.f9834f5579dbdae97047c3eb965505c3.jpg

Hello Traveller. 

Thanks for the screenshot.  I think you and John Dow both hit the nail on the head with this one. Traveller your earlier suggestion to Verify the files really cleaned up my system. My terrain looked much better after that. John Dow I think you are right about the land class single tile theory.  I know it would take a whole lot of work to get rid of the single texture tile that causes the sharp edge in question,  but I would gladly pay more for a Global or NA LC with out that effect and more natural effect. Everything else in the simulator with ORBX scenery's is so well done then you fly over area like this and it spoils the whole experience. 

6 hours ago, Toto-Free said:

Hello Traveller. 

Thanks for the screenshot.  I think you and John Dow both hit the nail on the head with this one. Traveller your earlier suggestion to Verify the files really cleaned up my system. My terrain looked much better after that. John Dow I think you are right about the land class single tile theory.  I know it would take a whole lot of work to get rid of the single texture tile that causes the sharp edge in question,  but I would gladly pay more for a Global or NA LC with out that effect and more natural effect. Everything else in the simulator with ORBX scenery's is so well done then you fly over area like this and it spoils the whole experience. 

Suspension of disbelief is a critical element in enjoying flight sim.  If I see something like that I either look away and check instruments for a few minutes or I pretend that's how it might actually look.

Unfortunately if the devs were to try and remove all instances where the scenery tiles don't look even a bit wrong, you'd have essentially a True Earth product of 200GBs for just a couple of states.

Archived