Orbx Central can I keep the old structure?

andiflyit

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Hi all,

in my P3dv4 I have a rather big installation of Orbx sceneries done by FTX Central 3 using the old style, it's all in the Orbx folder in P3d.

Now I want the Orbx Central as it is the current app, but at this moment I don't want to change the installation of the sceneries,

i.e. create libraries and I especially don't want all the sceneries as addons. I have no plans to reinstall the sim.

So if I do an installation of Orbx Central on the system now will it automatically do any changes to the sim or can I use it similar to FTX Central 3?

Cheers

Andreas

Operating system: WIN 10 1903  

Simulator:  P3d 4.4

Screenshot:  

Issue: Don't want any changes to my simulator!   

Hi Andreas,

If you have installed products via FTX Central 3, Orbx Central will recognise them normally and won't migrate them to add-on.xml unless you manually press 'Migrate to Library' on the products. You'll still be update to update them, modify their control panels, etc.

Only new installations or products you press Migrate on will move to a library/add-on based installation.

10 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Only new installations or products you press Migrate on will move to a library/add-on based installation.

Thank you very much Mitchell, this seems to be fine regarding my existing installation.  

So if I now buy a new product and install it via Orbx Central, it will ask for a library and it will not install it to my old Orbx folder?

And than I can use the older sceneries from the Orbx folder in the sim and the new sceneries from this new library?

Cheers

Andreas 

9 hours ago, andiflyit said:

So if I now buy a new product and install it via Orbx Central, it will ask for a library and it will not install it to my old Orbx folder?

That is correct.

9 hours ago, andiflyit said:

And than I can use the older sceneries from the Orbx folder in the sim and the new sceneries from this new library?

Correct, they'll work fine together.

Is it not possible to give buyer option when buying new products to install or in  the old P3D/Orbx directory or in the new XML Folder format

because when I don't migrate my old stuff , 

then there will be a mixture of scenery on two different locations for a all new products.

14 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Correct, they'll work fine together.

Thank you again Mitchell, I'll do an installation  of the Orbx Central soon and try it out.

The most important for me is that I must not touch this large Orbx folder in any way.

Cheers

Andreas

Archived