What!

Snorbitz

So this is Rochester Bridge is it. How can this be attacking a product when the evidence is here in the screenshots!! I am not looking for support on this just in case a moderator thinks it is and closes it like he did the last thread which was just simply sharing my thoughts and opinions which I guess on the Orbx forum is closed to free speech and free thought!

Bridge with Castle.png

This is just one item of many in the vicinity of Medway area that is lacking. I should know, I live here. Do you even know what Rochester Bridge in the Medway area even looks like? If not, take a look online and then you'll see that this is unacceptable. Not even a half hearted attempt to at least resemble the historic Bridge.

The reason for buying this scenery for most people is to do VFR flying but good luck trying to find Rochester Bridge!

I just googled Rochester bridge and viewed it in 3D/satellite/whatever-it's-called in google maps. The picture you posted (I am guessing you took it from TrueEarth XP) seems to be a very close representation of the real thing, if not 100 percent real. You can also find the Rochester castle, cathedral and about 80 percent of the surrounding objects from google map in this TE pic.

As for the bridge, well at the end of the day it's a bridge. A bridge is a bridge and it doesn't have to look 100 percent real and it shouldn't hinder chart-based VFR flying imo. Like for example, for p3d I have EU England region and ORBX just put in there a couple of standard stadium objects to represent Anfield and Everton stadiums in Liverpool. Even then it's perfectly workable in a chart-assisted VFR flight in my experience and I'm happy with that.

If you really want 100 percent visual fidelity with everything looking like Google Maps, I really believe you will need to have MSFS 2020. But that's another discussion we can do somewhere else.

My 2 cents.

(Disclaimer: not a XP user but have bought it and 10 and 9 too. Haven't used / bought any XP trueearth product nor planning on buying them)

This Rochester bridge is indeed something, actually three bridges in one !

You are absoluetly right to point out that this sceney could be better for this particular PoI.

But you must also understand that these sceneries are complex to make and the developers are not locals so they may miss stuff  !  OrbX does generally SP for correcting  that kind of mistake.

May I add that speaking loud and rough is not exactly the proper way to put your message across to anybody, developers or fellow simmers. Free speech and thought can also be expressed in a moderate, non screaming way.     

PS not a XP user, not intending to be.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:33 PM, Snorbitz said:

This is just one item of many in the vicinity of Medway area that is lacking. I should know, I live here. Do you even know what Rochester Bridge in the Medway area even looks like? If not, take a look online and then you'll see that this is unacceptable. Not even a half hearted attempt to at least resemble the historic Bridge.

Do you know how many unique bridges there are in the UK? Yes, we really couldn't model every single one in high detail because the product would never get finished and would cost much more than it is now. For a scenery of this scale, not everything that is important to everyone is in the scenery. There are service packs being worked on which add new landmarks to the scenery, e.g.

However, if you want to request a POI, I'd suggest you do it in a less condescending way and request it here: 

...being polite and less aggressive will get you much further, and there has been ample opportunity in the past to request POI models.

P.S. There is no such thing as free-speech on the internet. This is a company forum... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 9:29 AM, Tony Wroblewski said:

P.S. There is no such thing as free-speech on the internet. This is a company forum... 

Oh my gawd,..seriously, how can showing a picture of a bridge and airing my personal thoughts and opinions on it, a product which I paid you for by the way, be seen as aggressive! You call it what you like Tony, I call it constructive criticism. This may be a company forum but it ain't friendly. 

Hello,

if you feel that the bridge should be remodeled, then please do as has been suggested,

add your request to the POI topic.

If you feel that your approach to this subject has been a balanced and well expressed

request for an improvement to the product, then I feel that you are mistaken.

• 9 months later...

Well almost a year later and Rochester Bridge in SE England has still not been looked at and I doubt it ever will. Sigh. This is so embarrassing to look at. Not only is there a road bridge here but the railway bridge that runs alongside of it. I cringe when I get anywhere near this in my flights.

Rochester.thumb.jpg.60446d3fdf220b4a68510bcf98f7513b.jpg

We never promised to add a new POI here in the update and if enough people request it then it would be considered. If you check the changelog, it does not indicate it was added. Nor does the product description say anything about every single bridge being modelled in detail.

Further to the point above, trying to belittle the product as embarrassing etc won't get you the result you want and I've locked this topic to further discussion. Most of the bugs fixed in the latest service packs that were resolved where requested from people who were polite and well mannered. 

Archived