LOWI LOC rwy 26 in wrong position

Hi, doesn't look like it has already been posted, anyway thanks to whom may direct me to the topic if it has already been.

Innsbruck LOWI LOC 26 approach:

The localizer of runway 26 is in a wrong position and heading in the ORBX scenery, since it does NOT match the published approach track to the runway, but is too much to the right and has a different angle. This way, when you follow it, your published approach line, with the related waypoints FF26, LOC17, LOC14 and 90LOC is to your left and you are not flying over it. It's a matter of editing the AFCAD file and moving the LOC to the correct position (also changing its heading, 3 degrees less than the runway). I did it and found the correct position/heading by trial and error, so now the LOC perfectly matches the approach track, but for everyone's convenience a corrected AFCAD file should be released by ORBX.

Thank you.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you look closely at the aeronautical chart, you will find that the installation location of the LOC of rwy26 is north of the airport, that is, the location will be to the right. The same is true. In the real world, there is no glide path GP signal. Orbx LOWI provides the wrong glide path signal, which will cause some aircraft to trigger the GPWS Glide Slope warning during the approach. In short, LOWI has many problems, but orbx disdains to modify.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Alexander Metzger said:

Would appreciate an update from ORBX side!

Hello Alexander,

as has been stated many times, the airports are created at a moment in time and to expect an update every time they change in the real world is asking too much.

You can remedy any thing that you feel deserves attention with Airport Design Editor. An easy, free and magnificent software in these situations.

I own nearly every airport and scenery made by ORBX and for most of them an update is probably not required. But if you sell airports where airliners are landing, it is common practice of developers to do updates when the instrumental landing references have changed in reality. By that the user (=customer) can continue the airport also with actual charts.

Asking hundreds of customers to install ADE and learn to us it versus the effort of the original ADE file creator to maybe spend 30 min and demonstrate customer service is is not the right approach. But if you can do it that easily, why don't you offer an updated file for download?

Gentlemen!

I've checked the situation. Indeed the NDB ABSAM 313 kHz has been changed into RUM 320 kHz (seen that with current charts and after the installation of Hervès before mentioned current Navdata) which Orbx should update.

But I see that the LOCALIZER OEV 111.10 MHz at 255° with an offset of 3° to the runway at 258° for the 26 is still at the right place - south of runway 08.

I could not find any reports that it's positon or direction has been changed in the nearer past. A test flight (to me) prooved that this is correct.

If I failed here somehow please tell me.

Have a good time!

Bert

• 2 weeks later...

Archived