For Sabretooth78 after reading his Vector fixes topic

Hello @Sabretooth78

I just read your post about some vector fixes

Would you mind telling me if these airports are P3D errors or Vector errors?

All are in Costa Rica

This is Drake Bay airport MRDK

As you can see the airstrip gets out of the cost and for a real lot of meters

Cr5Sh1v.jpg

pNp0BCN.jpg

But the real airport doesn't even reach the coast just the river mouth

4GuIAvS.jpg

This is Golfito arirport MRGF

A river crosses the airstrip and there is a road that basically reaches the airstrip so when you are taking off you're about to crash against the traffic

r71S6aO.jpg

OvJvXDy.jpg

This is the real location

lDWQGMt.jpg

This other one is San Vito de Coto Brus MRSV  that seems to be based on a sort of Parthenon platform

x2VZ4c5.jpg

This is the real one

nWcEBDP.jpg

And this is the epic one, Tortuguero MRBT

The airstrip is in the water!

7qIbxWx.jpg

xRvWQ2R.jpg

This is the real one

ervo0Jx.jpg

Also as you can see the vegetation is really dense, jungle, like the amazon but in the sim lacks of accurate vegetation

Who's errors are these and can they be fixed please?

Regards

Carlos

These all look to be basically the same issues that I have been fixing - particularly MRDK and MRBT.  They are in essence P3D errors in that the stock airport is in the wrong place, but it's Vector that makes the errors apparent.

The ones like MRDK are particularly insidious as you can't just use ADE to fix them if you want to correct the coastline, whereas the other 3 are pretty quick and simple fixes in ADE.

I'll add these to my list, although note that I generally haven't sought out the types like MRGF and MRSV - the ones that are mislocated, but otherwise "look OK" when flying over in a tubeliner.

As for the vegetation, I would guess that to be an issue with OpenLC North America and I'd suggest you report that officially to ORBX so it might get included in a future fix.  I haven't dabbled in LC fixes - that would be a slippery slope indeed!

10 hours ago, Sabretooth78 said:

These all look to be basically the same issues that I have been fixing - particularly MRDK and MRBT.  They are in essence P3D errors in that the stock airport is in the wrong place, but it's Vector that makes the errors apparent.

The ones like MRDK are particularly insidious as you can't just use ADE to fix them if you want to correct the coastline, whereas the other 3 are pretty quick and simple fixes in ADE.

I'll add these to my list, although note that I generally haven't sought out the types like MRGF and MRSV - the ones that are mislocated, but otherwise "look OK" when flying over in a tubeliner.

As for the vegetation, I would guess that to be an issue with OpenLC North America and I'd suggest you report that officially to ORBX so it might get included in a future fix.  I haven't dabbled in LC fixes - that would be a slippery slope indeed!

Hello

Thank you very much for replying and explaining

I'm glad some can be fixed. Is this something you do as hobby? Not sure if you are part of Orbx somehow, but thank you very much for your concern

Regards,

Carlos

Not a problem!  Corrections posted here:

I also fixed MRBC; I noticed there were some bad islands in the river next to it, besides which it was about 1000 feet away from where it should have been.  Given how close it is to MRBT, why not.  MRSV and MRGF now look like they have some fun approaches as well.

Just a hobby; I tend to be a perfectionist and get really annoyed (just in general, not at anyone in particular) when I see these things.  I like to fly first and foremost but it never hurts to know how things work and how to fix them yourself.  I'll also be passing thru/over through Costa Rica after a South American tour I'm currently doing, so the last thing I want to do is knowingly leave unaddressed an issue I might well run into.  I have no affiliation with ORBX beyond purchasing far more of their products than I probably ought to be.

Thank you so much!

I wish I could call you by your name

4 minutes ago, Sabretooth78 said:

I also fixed MRBC; I noticed there were some bad islands in the river next to it, besides which it was about 1000 feet away from where it should have been.  Given how close it is to MRBT, why not.  MRSV and MRGF now look like they have some fun approaches as well.

Amazing, very much appreciated

Yes these airports are nice to fly to

5 minutes ago, Sabretooth78 said:

Just a hobby; I tend to be a perfectionist and get really annoyed (just in general, not at anyone in particular) when I see these things.  I like to fly first and foremost but it never hurts to know how things work and how to fix them yourself.

Great comment I totally understand and share, though I still need a lot to learn

7 minutes ago, Sabretooth78 said:

I'll also be passing thru/over through Costa Rica after a South American tour I'm currently doing, so the last thing I want to do is knowingly leave unaddressed an issue I might well run into.

That would be great !

I hope you enjoy your trip

Profiting your expertise, there is an issue that has always "bother" me let's say it that way, and is that both main central airports in Costa Rica have a wrong elevation is some areas. I would like to show you in a picture. I know this is due to the mesh but it is incorrect. Is there a way to overwrite the mesh?....

Let me explain with images as maybe this awful thing has a solution but first some details

01.- I do need a mesh for Costa Rica otherwise the terrain turns awful, some volcanoes not even pop up correctly without it. I have the FreeMesh X

This free mesh has Central America and South America together/combined.

02.- I have a third party product for MROC our international airport, this product includes a photo scenery, very accurate but with no autogen, pity

The combination of MROC and the Free Mesh, in theory, produces these elevations. I wrote to the developer several times to ask him if it was possible to "fix" this issue and I know Mateo has fixed some elevations in Olbia for users of this FreeMesh but unfortunately I'm still here waiting for the reply

These hills don't exist in real life all is flat, this is on runway 25

MTrjC5U.jpg

Though this one is ok

21QWk97.jpg

As you can see there are no hills on this are (inside the square) but the one marked with the star where the highway gets mixed

UFmVI5o.jpg

On the opposite side runway 7 the rabbit goes up a bit

nSWCTAy.jpg

But the worst thing is that the whole airports seems to be at an exaggerated elevation

5gybzIR.jpg

As you can see in there is has certain elevation but not so steep

pX7RNhf.jpg

LatinFVL has previously reduced this elevation but they are no longer updating their product, so I suspect it can be fixed

The other airport in the capital is Tobias Bolaños MRPV

The issue with this one is that the terrain seems a butter bar, totally squared but at one of the sides a river passes and that side of the terrain doesn't exist

This is how it looks

9ZaDSQW.jpg

Awful

aiUWGcG.jpg

The river cuts the terrain

iN5J51j.jpg

This is in real life

SQVeEOU.jpg

The approach from this side is quite interesting

And lastly going back to MRCO

The airport has suffered an expansion

All where the stars are

89mxvnU.jpg

But the blue line shown here is where the street used to pass, so now I have cars entering the airport that don't look nice. Before was fine because the road existed but now has been moved as well as the top of runway 25

I "accept" this as this a new change that most people don't know but is there a way to fix it too?

pVESnMz.jpg

I hope you don't mind me asking you all this and using your time, just want to know if these issues are fixable or if I have to leave with those.

Thank you in advance for any clarification you can share with me being a non popular area in the sim world.

Happy weekend

Regards,

Carlos

Archived