LOWI brings me more 'cliff hanging' issues.

I just purchased the LOWI addon and once again I'm having a 'cliff' issue just like I experience with my TE Washington addon. This problem seems to always happen around airports. I have the problem around KRNT, KBFI and KPAE with TE Washington, and with the Anacortes addon I also recently purchased. I tried changing to the runways follows terrain setting, but that didn't help. Along with TE Washington and the KSEA Demo file, I've removed the LOWI Demo file also with no change or fix of the cliffs. Suggestions are welcome!

Alabeo_PA31-XP11 - 2019-08-07 10.04.52.png

2 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Johnny, 

This should be resolved by changing the runway-follow-terrain settings, though you'll need to properly refresh your scenery (or just as easily, re-boot the sim) for the displays to change correctly. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I have this problem too...I do remember the setting you're speaking about, but it has been a long time since I used X-Plane. I tried to find the setting, but I'm not able to find it...probably right in front of me... Would you show a screen shot so I can find this setting?

Found it...it's now located in the X-Plane.prf file, which is found in the  "...X-Plane 11\Output\preferences" folder.

Use NotePad (or in my case, I use NotePad++) to open the file. Search for 'renopt_sloped_runways 0' and change the zero to a 1 as in 'renopt_sloped_runways 1'. Then save the file.

Okay, after checking off runways follow terrain, and completely closing out Steam with a reboot for good measure, LOWI is looking like it's supposed to. But back home in the great Pac. Northwest, I'm still getting the strange terrain issue with TE Washington. The picture is the terrain just west of KRNT.  The added effects of all the cargo buildings at KSEA just having an outline and no structure, and some floating buildings across good old Hwy. 99 from Sea-Tac doesn't help at all! Thanks for your suggestion FlyBlueSkies! I will give that a try tomorrow.1018625635_MD80-2019-08-0715_38_12.thumb.png.0d5ea71c21d2722d9b6ce683c3e36b9e.png

Hi guys, 

No need to edit config files with Notepad+ etc, the option can be found under your Settings>General>Runway Follow Terrain Contours.

@johnnybbmorgan - regarding your ongoing issue with TE-Washington, this is out of my area of experise I'm sorry, but I'll ask if one of our guys can chime in to give you some helpers. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks Jarrad! Someone else posted with the same issue and he had a reply to delete the line 1302 Flatten 1 from the DD Seattle Airports apt.data file. So I'm about to try that and see if it fixes the terrain problems around KBFI, KRNT and KPAE. Keep your fingers crossed!

John

Archived