Orbx Central insertion point and wrong library order P3D4.5

Jedi928

10 hours ago, mopperle said:

Exactly

Sorry to ask all these questions, but I want to make sure I do not make a mess of my Sim. On page 19 is says: ''The first time you start Central, you will be prompted to create a library.'' and further on on the page ''If you have installed an Orbx product into Prepar3D v4, X-Plane 11 or Aerofly FS 2 using FTX Central 3, you will have the opportunity to migrate this product into a Central library.''

I want to keep my libary as I have now and only want update to Central V4, can I update Central V3 to V4 without the Central program interfering with my current Libary order as I have now with my own addon manager.

You can create the library for the installation of new products, but you must not migrate products installed under FTXCentral to the new library.

But for the moment and if you do not want to change anything, do not install Orbx Central and stay with FTXCentralv3 untill all issues are sorted out.

WOW.....Thank goodness I checked this forum.  I did a FIRST TIME install of Prepar3d V4, and my 'scenery' files within P3d are chaotic (same as everyone else)

I tried to manually adjust the (Windows 10) scenery.cfg in appdata - but it shows default P3d settings  and i can NOT find any other 'scenery.cfg' file

So......as ORBX seem to be working on a fix ... I will wait   BUT..... BUT ......BUT

Where is the 'working' / 'operational' scenery.cfg ?  (P3d & ORBx are on a separate drive from Windows 10)  I have full 'administrative ' rights

Also, Seattle default runway is below ground level again  (used to be button "migration")   Is there a way to fix that ?

Hello,

I have marked it as Active again.

All products added to P3D v4 using the xml method do not appear in the scenery.cfg file.

Instead, they appear in the add-ons.cfg file and can be viewed in the in-game add-ons

menu where they can be switched on and off and in the in-game scenery library, where

they cannot be managed at all.

An external program such as the Lorby utility must be used if a custom order is required.

7 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

An external program such as the Lorby utility must be used if a custom order is required.

Seriously? 

This should be done by ORBX Central during installation. Or is that a recommended workaround now? 

No of course not.:(

However, the question was asked in post 45 and as I am sure you know perfectly well,

many other developers' products use the same method and can only be moved about

in the same way.

Snide remarks made in response to genuine attempts to answer genuine questions are

not in the least helpful to either the support staff or the customer asking the question.

I am always ready to learn new things, so if you know of a way to re-arrange xml scenery

library entries in-game without third party software and in the same way that scenery.cfg

entries can be easily moved up and down, please share it with me and your fellow customers.

Thanks.

I don't know if it's a sneaky remark, but the other scenes managed by Addon XML are mostly aerodromes. Yours are often regions or even countries. And if you want to add third scenes, the scheduling is much less manageable with this method. Besides, what is the purpose of the insertion point with scenes managed in XML Addon? 

Nick you do your job to defend this development and you do it well but frankly from my point of view (I think I have the right to have one) this "Orbx Central " is anything but not a progress for your customers.  And my remark is not meant to be sneaky. 

Thank you.

I think you make a good point that actually highlights that this is probably another first for Orbx.

In the light of that and the Herculean efforts to fix the problems, I think it is really quite appropriate

to defend it on my side and also to allow the developers some latitude on the side of the customers.

Not to mention some time to actually do the job.

For what it's worth I installed and migrated.....got a missing file message for EU ENG when I ran it.

I validated files for England

I ran again and I had white, almost snow like scenery at ORBX Goodwood and in FTX EU England plus mesh was all over the place.  Floating houses, me etc.

I came out out P3D and ran Vector tool.

Came back in.  Opened scenery library and exited allowing it to rebuild and (touch wood) everything seems to be ok at the moment.

I have tested Boweman, PA North West, FTX EU Scotland 

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have marked it as Active again.

All products added to P3D v4 using the xml method do not appear in the scenery.cfg file.

Instead, they appear in the add-ons.cfg file and can be viewed in the in-game add-ons

menu where they can be switched on and off and in the in-game scenery library, where

they cannot be managed at all.

Hold your horses... You should not use Lorbys Addon Organizer with with Orbx Central 4

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/558118-using-p4ao-with-new-orbx-centre-v4/

Thomas

Thanks Thomas B:

A LOT of customers have spent a LOT of hard earned $$$$ with ORBX, and expect it to work as advertised  (especially after all the hype and hooplah)

Thank goodness for 3rd party developers.......

it appears to get ORBX advertised results, we do need to rely on 3rd party solutions.   This isn't the first or even the second time this sort of thing

has happened.   I still have to manually fix Lupien airport in Oak Harbor, WA  (even after they said "will be fixed in the next release"....years ago)

Sorry to vent Thomas B, but it's the 'same old - same old' .  (and I've spent a LOT of my money and only received frustration and  empty promises from ORBX)

1 hour ago, Thomas B said:

Hold your horses... You should not use Lorbys Addon Organizer with with Orbx Central 4

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/558118-using-p4ao-with-new-orbx-centre-v4/

Thomas

No, however, it might be necessary if you wish to arrange other scenery around the Orbx scenery.

I have no idea at all how end users who want to make custom scenery libraries in P3D with products

installed using the xml add-ons method were expected to go about this by Lockheed Martin.

I must assume that it simply did not enter into their plans at all.

55 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

No, however, it might be necessary if you wish to arrange other scenery around the Orbx scenery.

I have no idea at all how end users who want to make custom scenery libraries in P3D with products

installed using the xml add-ons method were expected to go about this by Lockheed Martin.

I must assume that it simply did not enter into their plans at all.

The Lorby Scenery Organizer (or equivalent) is absolutely necessary for those who use certain 3rd-party packages. For instance, I subscribe to FSAerodata, and the four scenery entries it creates for navaids and approaches must be at the very top of the scenery library, at priorities 1 through 4. It will not work properly if it is not placed this way.

FTX Central 3.0, (and the new 4.0), both move the FSAerodata entries down to the middle of the library. Just opening and closing Central is enough to cause that to happen. It is always necessary to use the Lorby organizer afterward to move those FSAerodata entries back to the top where they belong.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the development team are in Australia, where it was 2320 when this topic was posted and where it is now 0320.

I am sure that they will see this as soon as they next start work.

Is it confirmed now that this issue is been looked at? Trying to change the insertion points hoping all will be sorted in order always ended up in some ORBX regions sitting well below my insertion point but some ORBX regions still at top of library where I don't want to have them for obvious reasons (e.g. NZNI NZSI and AUv2 always reside on top but not with the other regions).

Regards

Ralf

On 8/15/2019 at 3:32 PM, ralfy124 said:

Is it confirmed now that this issue is been looked at? Trying to change the insertion points hoping all will be sorted in order always ended up in some ORBX regions sitting well below my insertion point but some ORBX regions still at top of library where I don't want to have them for obvious reasons (e.g. NZNI NZSI and AUv2 always reside on top but not with the other regions).

Regards

Ralf

On 8/15/2019 at 2:17 AM, dcongram said:

This topic has been marked '"Resolved".......  Why ?   Has there been a fix or new version of ORBX Central ?

My scenery.cfg file is 'chaotic'.   It's the same as the other users - Orbx files in the wrong places.

If you are encountering issues with layering, please create a new topic with the details about what is being misplaced. We'll be able to troubleshoot this easier with one-on-one discussions rather than combining it all into this thread.

Thank you Mitchell Williamson........Developer at ORBX.

I did open a NEW topic.  

Have you read my new topic ? 

It asks why the new release of Central puts all the files at the TOP of scenery.cfg but now CRASHES my P3d v4

Archived