Orbx Central insertion point and wrong library order P3D4.5

Jedi928

Hello,

I use P3D4.5 FTX global base, FTX regions and FTX Airports, i have set my insertion point for airport and ftx regions below my scenery number 90 and i have set the insertion point for Global open LC below the Orbx product and FTX regions:

1) It works except for one scenery which is 3W5 concrete Municipal, this scenery comes in first position of my p3dV4 library?? Why?

2) In second position i have a new Orbx Librairies global entry is it normal?

3) In third position i have a new Orbx librairies lookup entry is it normal?

I have never seen the 2 and 3 entries before the new Orbx Central

4) FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS is now in a strange place between 2 FTX Airports entry above the 3 ORBXOPENLC entries which is above All the FTX Regions! Usually FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS is in first position of all Orbx entries so once again is it normal?

ex:

1) Scenery 91 to 150 FTX AIRPORTS

2) Scenery 146 FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS

3) Scenery 147 FTX FTX AIRPORT

4) Scenery 153 ORBXOPENLC_BASE

5) Scenery 154 ORBXOPENLC_EUROPE1

6) Scenery 155 ORBXOPENLC_NA1

7) Scenery 156 to 197 FTX REGIONS

5) After migration of all my sceneries i have noticed than all the ORBX effects remain in P3DV4 effects folder! Is it normal why the migration leave them in P3DV4? Can i delete all those effects because they have already migrated towards the new Orbx Library\p3dv4 folder? 

6) Same thing for ADE_FTX_Airport_Elevation_Adjustment files which remains in Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery? Can i delete those files too because they have already migrated towards the new Orbx Library\p3dv4 folder?

Waiting for your answer.

Regards

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

After migration the sort order of the Scenery Library seems not correct. I have the similar issues as the OP.

What should be the correct order of (Orbx) scenery in my library?

Is it useful to correct things manually, or is the order determined by scripting or other automated proces?

Can I correct it with the insertion point settings in Central? So far it didn't help.

I have just made a complete reinstall of P3D, and even now placement of ORBX products in scenery config is very disorganized.

Please have a look in attachment (insertion point is set that Airports and Regions goes on top, Global openLC below ORBX Products and Regions).

I would really appreciate bigger control over those insertion points, especially not leaving anything unlayered, as I need some entries to remain on top of the stack at all times.

Other than that, after P3D reinstall I did not have to download anything except ORBX Base, which is perfect! I am really happy about it!

Regards

MM

Scenery_1.JPG

Scenery_2.JPG

Scenery_3.JPG

Scenery_4.JPG

Scenery_5.JPG

Scenery_6.JPG

I have the same problem, this is a marvelous improvement but, unfortunately, a real mess, all priorities have gone all over the scenery cfg file (I have 26 ORBX products including all global products), how can we rectify all this is urgent so that the sim remains usable without killing our eyes on a screen to look for the proper order of the puzzle, a tool to help us out would be necessary or at the very least a detailed list of priorities published on this thread would be useful and necessary. 

My scenery.cfg file looks about the same as the one above, totally different from what it was before!

Interesting finding: I had now opeend FTXC4 multiple times,  each time opening the dropdown box for the insertion point and clicking on the addon under which the FTX entries should sit and suddenly I got this message:
2019-08-06_18h24_46.thumb.png.58f8abffc0738d3f4b28b37249faaac1.png

This green bar didnt come up before. Now all sceneries are sorted correctly, but definitely something that needs to be looked at.

Good finding, as soon as you select any entry for Inserted Below it will run a sort of order update, unfortunately didn't sort it out, still the same mess.

Anyone from ORBX to pick up this urgent issue?

up.thumb.PNG.8c8144bb6e54f32999133793da09c4ab.PNG

scen1.thumb.PNG.dee03e0b282cb2aaf7541c799cd6692c.PNG

scen1.thumb.PNG.dee03e0b282cb2aaf7541c799cd6692c.PNG

scen2.thumb.PNG.bd887b3d548412f66d58084010e6d5ae.PNG

19 minutes ago, Beldwick said:

Small idea from my side, quite obvious to be honest, but please check if you run ORBX Central as admin. I did now, and scenery order is improved. Still not perfect (unlayered entries and some disorder), but it goes better now! :)

First thing what I do after installing such software is to tick the according checkbox in the file properties.

My library also became a huge mess after migrating to orbx central. Everything from orbx is completely disordered and does not even correctly respect the insertion point. Each time I'm confirming the insertion point I want, the order changes and everything get a little more confusing and disordered.

Also the fact the insertion point is only listing sceneries of the scenery.cfg as it makes impossible to correctly order a system that only uses the add-on.xml method.

48 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Also the fact the insertion point is only listing sceneries of the scenery.cfg as it makes impossible to correctly order a system that only uses the add-on.xml method.

This is IMHO not really a problem. When you only have addons that support the add-on.xml method (what is vry unlikely), then put the insertion point simply above the first default scenery entry.

BUt anyway, as written above, make sure that you run FTXC as Administrator by clicking the checkbox on the Compatibility tab in the file properties of the orbx central.exe and run it again.

9 minutes ago, mopperle said:

This is IMHO not really a problem. When you only have addons that support the add-on.xml method (what is vry unlikely), then put the insertion point simply above the first default scenery entry.

BUt anyway, as written above, make sure that you run FTXC as Administrator by clicking the checkbox on the Compatibility tab in the file properties of the orbx central.exe and run it again.

It is a problem as some sceneries may need to be inserted between OpenLC and Orbx airport entries (like tongass fjords or OZx)

I also made a complete reinstall of P3D. But if I look in my scenery library I see a different picture like in the library from Beldwick or Lucky67. I think that at least the basic entries should be in the same place.

Mike

Mike

image.png.33f3c1d0dfb443a6a8a41953c0516c63.pngimage.png.a064c02ccc615306019d13f9335516f7.png

image.png

54 minutes ago, Dieter said:

Tongass Fjords X (Lower an Higher)  is correct, OZx folders (OZx_AUS, OZx_LIB, OZx NA) were always in a higher priority than all Orbx folders!

I don't see in insertion point ??

Seriously, such things drives me nuts... did all BETA testers and developers test Central 4 on computers where only ORBX stuff was installed? This library mess along with the fact that FTX Vector can't "read" add-on.xml based sceneries is something I do not really understand how this could possibly have been slipping through the BETA tests...

4 hours ago, Dieter said:

Patrick,

I cannot speak for Orbx Central.

(in FTX Central 3 I had "Tongass_Ffords_Lower_Priority"  inserted below Global openLC and "OZx_LIB" inserted below Airports and Regions)

Yes me too ..........!  Before O C 4.

but we are in CENTRAL 4  and i c'ant do any insertion point in it

All,

I have the same problem. Though I don't know whether it is a real problem. I checked the scenery at different places and everything looks fine, no signs of a wrong order of the scenery layers.

What I noticed whenI opened the scenery library in P3D the sequence looks messy, there is no logic in it and it looks not at all as the layer build up as described in the ORBX Guide book; it is also impossible to move the files up and down to get to the layer sequence as shown in the ORBX Guide.

However when opening the add ons in P3D, only the ORBX files which are unmovable in the scenery library, show. Also the scenery.cfg shows only addon scenery from non ORBX parties, while the add-ons.cfg shows only the ORBX files, perhaps it is not as bad as it looks, but to me it looks very illogical.

Regards

Hans

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

the fact that FTX Vector can't "read" add-on.xml based sceneries is something I do not really understand how this could possibly have been slipping through the BETA tests...

Hello,

the Vector control panel has never been able to read the add-ons.cfg file,

only the scenery.cfg file.

This is probably because when it was written by its developers, Pilot's software,

there was no such thing as an add-ons.cfg file or add-on.xml files.

By the time that there was, Pilot's were no longer involved.

This is the reason why it still does not work.

As to whether it can be fixed, I expect so, but it was outside the realms of beta testing,

as a known problem before Orbx Central was even conceived.

I realise that it is annoying but it is only the auto-configuration part that does not work.

Any addon airport that required AEC to be disabled can be disabled using the manual method

and then the changes saved in a profile.

There are not so many and if saved in a profile, it only needs to be done once.

It is not the case, as seems to be being put forward as a fact that the AEC function does not work.

It works just as it did before, just not in the auto mode, once again, as before.

It had the exact same problem in FTX Central which was still annoying but did not prompt a storm

of protest like this.

Same here, my scenery library order is now a mess. I got stuff all over the place. The library insertion point clearly does not work, as I have ORBX products now on top of the layer I selected for placing ORBX Airports and Regions below.

And the worst part is that every time I open Central it re-scrambles everything even if I sort it myself using Lorby.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

I would also suggest ORBX make one location where all stubs are located. It is great that they won't be inside the default "World/Scenery" folder, but having so many different entries for each ORBX product that needs it is a bit much. Would be great to have a single folder where all installers point to install the stubs. Or, have central combine them into one location upon closing? There has to be a better solution than the current option.

This could be done with Effects and Simobjects as well. Why have repetitive entries and would avoid duplication of files.

I am very disappointed about this Orbx Central update, the library order is a mess, when you migrate all the effects, bgl files duplicate in scenery/world/scenery, textures files the same, simobjects, librairies etc..Frankly disappointed, sometimes i wonder if you don't take your customers for beta-testers! However something is positive for the ability to install your sceneries outside P3D but to the price of a full reinstall of P3D i think! 

Regards

Yes, not the smoothest realease, I must agree. Its almost as if all the different products where made by different manufacturers with their own methods of organization. You guys need to come up with a standard and make your developers stick to it, otherwise the mess this new central creates will grow exponentially. One wonders if you should not have standardized the folders before migrating to the add-on.xml method. But it is a bit too late for that now.

I hope it is a priority for ORBX to fix this mess soon. Right now this makes my roughly 140 products unuseable unfortunately.:( 

On 8/7/2019 at 4:33 PM, hanss said:

However when opening the add ons in P3D, only the ORBX files which are unmovable in the scenery library, show. Also the scenery.cfg shows only addon scenery from non ORBX parties, while the add-ons.cfg shows only the ORBX files

All,

I just installed update 4.04.

Seemed ok, however when I openend P3D, all my addon scenery files are gone. They are still in the p3d directory but not in the program. So I have under scenery library: ORBX files and default files and under addon scenery only ORBX files.

Strange. Do I have to install them anew?

Regards

Hans

All,

To give you an update of what I have done so far. I thought I'd try to add a third party addon scenery file in "Scenery" of P3D. When I did that it seemed to accept it, when trying to locate it, I could not find it. So I tried again. The remark was that it already existed!! Where would it be then? I don't see addon scenery as an insertion point anymore.

This is getting frustrating. All my new airport enhancements are not being displayed.

What to do next.

Regards

Hans

All,

The next update. Of the three addon scenery files I have added to P3D only one shows up. The others don't. I don't see the logic of what is happening.

Regards

Hans

All,

Everytime I open "scenery" in P3D, the entries that can move are placed somewhere else in the sequence. It seems that the assignment of the sequence order is very unstable.

I hope this helps to find a clue of what is happening.

To me this looks like a serious problem.

Regards

Hans

Same thing with me, I am trying to manually reorganize my library. Lucky me I do not have a lot of addons. The insertion point doesn't work and since I upgraded the scenery file from P3D 4.4 to 4.5, when I fly the scenery are all square and seems to be randomly put.

Pierre 

Archived