Vanilla Install P3Dv4.5 missing Sydney scenery

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anybody else has seen the following around Sydney on a vanilla install of P3dv4.5, ie: no scenery addons of any kind installed, just what LM gave us. The first screenshot is taking off from 34L and shows the airbridges but all the international terminal buildings are missing, its the same over on the domestic side. The 2nd screenshot is over the harbour and shows the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and Sydney Tower are all missing. The 3rd screenshot shows my Graphic Setings tab. I want to make sure everything is ok before I start adding to it.

Regards

Mike Schwartz

Screenshot 1:

Takeoff.thumb.jpg.feae941695c4d03a05246b25d768f5c5.jpg

Screenshot 2:

Harbour.thumb.jpg.399e5cc4158ff75fe853466217f78678.jpg

Screenshot 3:

Settings.thumb.jpg.8759173dbe5c79a3c3be71cc2c67e8ce.jpg

You have your Autogen building density set to 0 - I think that will certainly affect what you are seeing, even if it is not the total solution. Slide it up a bit. I don't recall but p3D wouldn't have released the base product with no buildings whatsoever at an airport the size of Sydney, especially if there are jetbridges there. 

If the Autogen slider doesn't fix it, perhaps try a re-install as it is only a vanilla product or check out the P3D forum.

Hello,

the only way I can replicate the lack of buildings at YSSY is by unticking Australia in the scenery library.

I would think that you have done the same.

Of course, as mentioned, if your autogen sliders are at zero, that is how much autogen you will see.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for jogging my mind. I hadn't thought to check the scenery.cfg entries. Somehow, during the install the entries for Africa, Asia and Australia were missed altogether. I manually inserted them into the and all good now. As to autogen, I don't like it and have turned it off on every version since FS2002. Now to install the new Orbx Central and rebuilding Globa,l Vector and all the rest.

Regards

Mike Schwartz

Archived