The Great Grampians

Stillwater

Here we go on, from Ant´s beautiful Hamilton Aero airport.

0P08mMM.jpg

Just a few minutes later we climb over the Grampians range. As so often before, I can state the mesh is much more impressive now in AUv2.

kDjKDi1.jpg

Sadly the Balconies (formerly called Jaws of Death) are still missing, so you have to look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grampians_National_Park

g7FpjHC.jpg

Bellfield Lake.

fo0xIgD.jpg

Halls Gap.

ER3KhGf.jpg

The Grampians airfield by OZx. Seems to be fitting well into AUv2.

4gyGLDf.jpg

VkNjXxT.jpg

Unfortunately the photoreal Naracoorte Lakes don´t work well in the new Australia.

FkgF3VS.jpg

But Younghuusband peninsula is more detailed than before.

BEez6HV.jpg

Into Goolwa for a slow approach to the next city. Guess which.

uNar1R5.jpg

SSQNTWW.jpg

7 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight and screen shots Gerold!!!!!!!!!  I enjoyed looking at them.

Thank you for watching, John!

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

15 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Despite the many flaws Gerold they look ok to me.

Not many flaws, many FLIES down there in the wilderness... :D!

PS: Some issues need to be observed, but that is not unusual given the age of OZx, me thinks.

13 minutes ago, BradB said:

Fine set of shots Gerold . 

Cheers

John

Thank you John!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Plenty of floors at The Balconies/Jaws of Death but not many flies here over the last two years which is worrying.

Floors, flies, flaws... you get me crazy here and this is not even my mother tongue!

10 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Very good shots, Gerold, but there's one thing that I don't understand and that's why they are not called "Jaws of Death" anymore. I mean, come on, that's a really cool name!

Thank you Lars. I do not know either, I just followed the internet descriptions... maybe the brutal name was keeping tourists away? On the other hand, there are so many places overcrowded with tourists - some awful names could be a good tactics? One could rename the "Fontana di Trevi" into "Fountain of great black spiders", what´d you think?

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Lars. I do not know either, I just followed the internet descriptions... maybe the brutal name was keeping tourists away? On the other hand, there are so many places overcrowded with tourists - some awful names could be a good tactics? One could rename the "Fontana di Trevi" into "Fountain of great black spiders", what´d you think?

I'd think that I'd be especially keen to visit a place called "Jaws of Death" or "Fountain of Great Black Spiders", but sure I am very special in this regard... There was once a place called "Snake Island" in Lake Wörtersee in Austria that was renamed to "Flower Island" just because the tourists thougt there would be snakes dwelling on that island, although the name was just because of the shape of the island.

I just noticed that most of the smilies are gone...

5 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I'd think that I'd be especially keen to visit a place called "Jaws of Death" or "Fountain of Great Black Spiders", but sure I am very special in this regard... There was once a place called "Snake Island" in Lake Wörtersee in Austria that was renamed to "Flower Island" just because the tourists thougt there would be snakes dwelling on that island, although the name was just because of the shape of the island.

Exactly what we thought... so we are on the right track, mate B)!

43 minutes ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Great set of shots Gerold, nice to see somewhere else I have not yet explored in the sim...:)

Thanks, Captain! Shouldn´t this be the best purpose of the screenshot forum?

Archived