Airport Elevations error

Hi,

I know this is an old problem but I can't get an answer after many searches about a solution that works.

Problem is that MWCR is the wrong levation and my aircraft is buried in a grass runway which is supposed to be concrete. The taxiways and buildings are fine. My question is:

Is this an ORBX isssue, or something else?

I have uninstalled all relevant FTX Global apps: Vector, Oopen LC North America, Base but it remains the same.

MWCR elevation.jpg

Hello,

I'll use this thread to avoid to open a new one with pretty the same subject. I'm having elevation issues with TNCA airport (default scenery, P3D v4.5) I've already ran AEC but TNCA doesn't come up, so I can't apply the AEC. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

Ivan Lewis.

107579212_Prepar3D2019-08-0313-21-46-03.thumb.jpg.61c0f193e695b4c04673281a8fdcfc0e.jpg861326082_Prepar3D2019-08-0313-21-21-84.thumb.jpg.148b1cddd7effd9e1c9e228bdd56d119.jpg2026209013_Prepar3D2019-08-0313-21-14-39.thumb.jpg.1b9d5a27aa55b520baeb9b5b27c37deb.jpg809783476_Prepar3D2019-08-0313-20-37-49.thumb.jpg.e020352ee0be76da89294882082d8aa0.jpg

37 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Is your version of it an addon and if so, whose is it please?

Hello,

No, is not an addon but the P3D default scenery. Well...if there's nothing to do with Orbx, could you give me some advice in order to solve this issue, please? All the times that I've faced up an issue of this kind, I've solved it through AEC tool but if now it can't be used...:(

Thanks Nick.

Ivan Lewis.

Hello.

The default airport does not exhibit the anomaly that you show in your screen shot.

Therefore there must have been something added to your copy of the simulator that is causing the anomaly.

There are no files in the Orbx catalogue that could cause the anomaly, therefore it must be something else.

The most likely is an addon version of the airport but you rule that out.

The second most likely is the addition of software that "updates" airport navigation data.

Could that be it?

If you feel that it is neither of these things, then perhaps you could attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file?

Hello Nick,

Happy to tell you that the issue is now solved. I've found that a file called AFX_TNCA_ALT.bgl was causing the elevation problem. I've deleted the file and voila! The default TNCA is not big deal regarding scenery details but at least now everything it's in place :) 

Thank you for your help and have a nice weekend ;)

Ivan Lewis.

13 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello.

The default airport does not exhibit the anomaly that you show in your screen shot.

Therefore there must have been something added to your copy of the simulator that is causing the anomaly.

Thanks, it seems you have found the file that was added, making the airport installation no longer default.

I would expect the problem at MWCR to be similar.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for taking the time on a weekend to address this.

For MWCR: It is default version (P3Dv4.5).

I did not find any file like Melonsuti reports. MWCR does not appear anywhere in P3D default scenery files.

I did try a version by another developer, but it was the same, except that it actually showed a concrete runway, but gave me black areas around the runway. I did all the usual stuff, like reinstall Global Base and Open LC NA, to no avail. Further research tells me that it is possibly a problem with how the author used the FX Editor to create the airport.

All other airports are fine, so I can live with this. Of course, it is always nice to know the why. B)

7 hours ago, iamgbs said:

All other airports are fine, so I can live with this. Of course, it is always nice to know the why. B)

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling ONLY the P3D Scenery. This would be my next step until I've found the corrupted file. It might work...

I re-installed P3D Scenery as suggested, but no change. So reinstalled (repaired) P3D totally: No Change. Reinstalled relevant ORBX LC (NA)+Global Base (again). Now I seem to have really messed things up as black areas are appearing everywhere, globally! I will repeat that and include Vector. If NOGO, I will build up the courage to totally uninstall and reinstall P3D!

BTW, is there a quicker way to reinstall ORBX than download those huge files again each time (via FTX Central)?

Archived