Airports not discovered by Vector Conf tool elevation corrections

Hello,

I am having an issue with a fresh install of P3D 4.5. Never had this issue before. I am installing scenery as usual and then run the elevation correction (auto-conf) but for some reason the tool can't find them. These are all knows airports that require AEC to be disabled. For example: KDEN, GCTS. If I start Preapr3d and go to Scenery I do see all of them (some grayed out). I also noticed that FTX global does not have all of my installed scenery listed in the Library Insertion Point. What am I missing here? Can someone help me figure this one out?

Thanks

Hello,

if a customer is using Orbx Central to install their products, then there is a problem, because the

current Vector Control panel does not see scenery installed with the xml method.

There is no such problem with FTX Central.

What are you seeing that are "greyed out"?

If they are other developer's airports that are using the xml method, then they will appear to be greyed out

in the scenery library and the auto-configuration will not find them, as it never has.

The AEC can still be set manually though and then a profile saved.

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

What are you seeing that are "greyed out"?

If they are other developer's airports that are using the xml method, then they will appear to be greyed out

Yes, I am referring to XML method airports (grayed-out)

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

in the scenery library and the auto-configuration will not find them, as it never has.

The AEC can still be set manually though and then a profile saved.

I am confused. How was this working for me before then? I've never had to do anything manually. I remember seeing both KDEN and GCTS airports in the disabled list and discovered by the tool. They are both airports using the XML method.

Hello,

the Vector AEC auto configuration function has never been able to see addon airports added by the xml method.

It can only look at the scenery.cfg file and only read from that.

Of course there are no entries in the scenery.cfg file for airports that use the add-ons.cfg file instead.

The Vector control panel was created before an add-ons.cfg file existed.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the explanation. I still cannot understand how was this working for me then. I've never had to disable a single airport manually. To me either the airport developer has switched to the XML method (which I doubt since i am using the same version of the airport) or I have no explanation.

Could you please check that thread? I am having the same problem as described and it appears there is an issue?

Yes, as I tried to explain to you, Orbx Central adds all the Orbx scenery using

the add-ons.cfg file, which the current Vector control panel does not see.

This is why my first question to you was are you using FTX Central or Orbx Central.

Hi Cyclone1,

Yes I have found that in the CP and it fixed the elevation issues even though KDEN is not in the AEC disabled list. My concern is that this is happening for other airport as well which does not have a CP such as FlightBeam. Additionally, this was working before (previous p3d install) with FTX central and I don't know how. I have a new rig and started everything from scratch.

Sunny look under the "Compatibility Forum" in the Support Forum, it has good information on installing 3rd party stuff regarding what to shut off. You may have already looked at this just thought I would mention it. 

2 hours ago, Sunny Andonov said:

In the end which one I should be using for this to work? Which is the one you are going to support further?

1. Neither the Vector control panel in FTX Central nor in Orbx Central can see airports installed to the add-ons.cfg file.

2. Therefore you will for the time being need to manually disable the Vector AEC for any such airports that require it.

3. The Orbx Direct Vector control panel will have to be amended so that it does recognise the add-ons.cfg file.

4. FTX Central will not be amended to have the Vector control panel recognise the add-ons.cfg file.

Archived