Count to twelve at the Great Ocean Road

Stillwater

The right place to start a little great ocean road tour: Apollo Bay.

1ezigeu.jpg

D7i6rR1.jpg

Turning around Cape Otway.

UExLtmx.jpg

The mouth of Gellibrand river looks much more impressive now in AU v2.

ewqaqr5.jpg

Whereas the 12 Apostles still are a bit unspectacular.

ErIHmzQ.jpg

8iVPcDt.jpg

Passing Warrnambool, ...

mE827h8.jpg

... the Tower Hill lake, ...

u8tpUhx.jpg

... and Port Fairy.

rsYVoj2.jpg

JuSLyii.jpg

Heading inland, ...

QDH4XXE.jpg

... to Ant´s Airport Hamilton Aero. The airport itself still works well, but I have lost some taxiways when changing from FSX to p3dv4.

4ONXYiq.jpg

QZQ1MJ0.jpg

A wonderful set Gerold.

Good to see the 12 Apostles appear in the latest scenery even though there are only now 7 of them and only ever 8.:wacko:

You were too late to see London Bridge (now called The London Arch)  though as it fell down several years ago, a good job nobody was flying under it when that happened!:huh::o:ph34r::lol:

With Hamilton and Port Fairy you are back into known territory for me!;)

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Heavenly shots Gerold . :D:rolleyes::)

Cheers

John

Thank you John!

2 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

A+ indeed.:)

Even without Hilda...!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shots Gerold, and I imagine it'll look a lot better when Orbx releases Australia for X-Plane.

Well, I am not a multi-simulator-user, it is hard enough for me to maintain one. And though XPlane might be very good for screenshots, I hear that there is lots of flight sim realism missing - I do expect AI traffic, weather, seasons, and all these little helpers we have been getting used to.

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful set Gerold.

Good to see the 12 Apostles appear in the latest scenery even though there are only now 7 of them and only ever 8.:wacko:

Thank you Martyn. This is why I called the post "count to twelve"...

You were too late to see London Bridge (now called The London Arch)  though as it fell down several years ago, a good job nobody was flying under it when that happened!:huh::o:ph34r::lol:

It was too far for me to go to the southern ocean, but I need to go to Helgoland soon and the the Lange Anna https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lange_Anna , before she breaks down! At least I was fortunate to see the Dedo de Dios years ago https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Dedo_de_Dios .

Can you imagine a pilot that would be crazy enough to fly under a rock bridge? Wait... :D

With Hamilton and Port Fairy you are back into known territory for me!;)

Good to read that. I hope I stay in your backyard for some flights now...

Yet another fine short from Stillwater Productions on "Life in OZ", great work again Gerold! :D  I am still in the process of completing your last excursion "City to Coast". made it as far as Barwon Heads so far! :)

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

These were local features when I lived in Bournemouth Gerold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durdle_Door

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Harry_Rocks

It was interesting to read about Lange Anna and El Dedo de Dios both of which I had never heard of.:)

Great formations you make me aware of. And probably other, more dangerous pilots here ( @Jack Sawyer )...

16 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Enjoyed the flight and the shots!!!!!   Thanks for the narration.

Thank you John!

15 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Yet another fine short from Stillwater Productions on "Life in OZ", great work again Gerold! :D  I am still in the process of completing your last excursion "City to Coast". made it as far as Barwon Heads so far! :)

Oh what a compliment! You make my day, and I´ll plan the next flight immediately.

Absolutely great to read I could give you inspiration, Roger.

Great shots Gerold. Spent a lot of decadent summers in the Apollo Bay region many many years ago. Unfortunately progress has spoilt it, it was a great small fairly quiet place to hang out in summer, until we got there. These days its a busy modern costal hub.     

Don

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

No problem Gerold.  It’s difficult to convey humor through text sometimes. :) 

Yes, sometimes it needs clarification. But we´ll make it!

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Great job with those shots Gerold! :)

Thank you Abam.

9 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great shots Gerold. Spent a lot of decadent summers in the Apollo Bay region many many years ago. Unfortunately progress has spoilt it, it was a great small fairly quiet place to hang out in summer, until we got there. These days its a busy modern costal hub.     

Don

Thanks Don! "Decadent summers" is a term I like very much. And the phenomenon of overtourism spoils many places nowadays, it was much better at least 20 years ago.

Archived