OpenLC North America shiny textures

Hi,

I'm getting some weird textures in areas covered by openLC North America, at least I'm more or less certain that I'm only seeing it in openLC NA coverage area, and not FTX PNW, FTX SAK and FTX NRM. Can't say I've noticed them before anywhere else, so I'm a bit unsure what might be causing it.

I noticed them a couple of days ago, after doing a particularly fast low-altitude flight. The textures look almost like marshes, and that was what I thought they were at first. But as can be seen in the screenshots, the textures pop up in areas that are not marshland. Also, the textures pop up as the aircraft gets close to them, more or less, and often disappears as the aircraft passes. Ie, the textures are flickering in and out based on location in relation to aircraft, and to a certain extent in what direction I'm looking at any given time (I use TrackIR).

Position of sun does not matter, ambient scene light level does not matter. I see them in full daylight and later in the evenings.

Quick example here, I've outlined the offending textures in red:

TwInWqy.jpg

More obvious examples:

Q2RjhPF.jpg

Nz4OyPo.jpg

Ei4bT6r.jpg

What I've done so far is run Verify Files, and Force Migration. I've also reloaded the scenery while in the sim. No dice, the weird textures still show up.

Info about my setup, I'm running:

P3Dv4.5
Vector

FTX SAK

FTX PFJ

FTX PNW

FTX CRM

FTX NRM

FTX SCA

FTX NCA

I did use FS Global Ultimate mesh, but have disabled this.

I'm also running REX Skyforce3D and Environment Force, as well as PTA and ENVTEX.

Aside from this issue, I'm not seeing any particular issues anywhere, except the dreaded floating buildings, which occurs from time to time everywhere.

I haven't seen any posts about it so far, if this has been answered I'm sorry.

I hope this is possible to fix :)

Hello,

yes, it's been answered and is the result of P3D identifying the dark parts of those textures as water.

The effect seems to be exaggerated by your use of shader modifiers.

If I may ask you a question, how do you get Environment Force, PTA and ENVTEX to work together and why?

Hi,

I haven't really done anything special to get them to work together, aside from starting off with fresh shaders after a total reinstall (P3D and Windows 10) this summer.

As for why, there seems to be different schools of thought as to whether these tools work with each other or not. I know that ENVDIR will disable ENVSHADE when running PTA, so I don't use that, only ENVTEX. But Environment Force does add more depth to my image, so that's why I use it, with the other 2 tools. I forgot to mention I also use Active Sky and ASCA. In other words, I only use SF3D for the textures, not the weather engine. In all the tools that have some sort of built in integration with other tools, this is enabled. 

But is there a solution to this (aside from disabling shader modifiers), and do you have a link to any previous posts about this?

I'm still in the fence with regards to what shader mods to use or not; one of the first to go might be PTA, but so far I'm very happy with the looks overall.

Edit:

Nevermind, I used my google-fu and found the post from Holger. P3D issue that has been flagged, but no solution yet. Hopefully L-M can come up with a fix, in the meantime I'll see what I can do with shaders etc. Thanks for help though and for pointing me in the right direction, good to know there's technically nothing wrong with my ORBX installs ^-^

On 8/4/2019 at 10:50 AM, iamgbs said:

I second the reasons and great results using Rex EF+PTA+ASP4. I also found ENVSHADE caused some problems,so I deleted it.

What kind of problem did it cause? Envshade is not causing such issues, it is a P3D issues as said by Nick and Endl3ss

Looking back over my "Problems" notes, I may have erroneously identified ReShade as ENVSHADE, which is what I had the problem with. If they are not the same, my bad, and apologies. If they are, then I had a problem some time ago, fixed by uninstalling ReShade.

PS: Are they the same???

It was some time ago, so I can't recall the problem specifically, but the "Fix" was to uninstall ReShade.

I hear what you say that it is a P3D problem. Thanks as it gives me a different place to look for such future problems.

18 hours ago, iamgbs said:

Looking back over my "Problems" notes, I may have erroneously identified ReShade as ENVSHADE, which is what I had the problem with. If they are not the same, my bad, and apologies. If they are, then I had a problem some time ago, fixed by uninstalling ReShade.

PS: Are they the same???

It was some time ago, so I can't recall the problem specifically, but the "Fix" was to uninstall ReShade.

I hear what you say that it is a P3D problem. Thanks as it gives me a different place to look for such future problems.

No Envshade is a completely different product, it's a shader enhancement developped especially for Prepar3D. Reshade are open sourced post processing shaders which can be added in almost any game but indeed sometimes brings some issues with our sims ;)

Archived