Sorry guys, the answer was in the AEC main screen.

" Please note that you should re-run auto configuration after installing, uninstalling, activating or deactivating add-on scenery".

Answer is that AEC ONLY scans ACTIVATED sceneries. Something to think of for us that have multiple scenery.cfg-files.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Hello Jack,

you could create a lot of unnecessary work for yourself.

Basically, when the scenery library contains only default scenery library entries, then running the

Vector AEC auto-configuaration should result in every airport set to AEC enabled.

The only purpose of the AEC utility is to disable AEC for an addon airport when AEC causes elevation

anomalies within the airport.

I would suggest that not so many people install an addon airport and then remove or disable it before

they fly there, it would defeat the purpose of installing it in the first place.

It does not therefore matter at all that if that airport is disabled or not included in a scenery.cfg file,

as although its default version might have an anomaly, no one will be there to see it.

A bit like "does the tree in the forest make a sound when it falls, even if there is no one there to hear it".

Once the control panel is set, there should be no need to run the auto-configuration again.

Individual new addons, if displaying an anomaly, can be manually disabled and all the settings then

saved in a profile.

I am only trying to make things as easy as possible for you and those

who operate multiple scenery.cfg files as I do.

It's offered as helpful advice for your particular situation and in response to your

specific query, so you can take it or leave it, as you wish.

I suspect that for the vast majority of customers, they install their products, run

the auto configuration and have no need to then return to the control panel.

It may be that the new Orbx central will change things.

As the auto-configuration doesn't work for airports installed by the xml method,

the Orbx Central team will have to make changes to it to make it function, or perhaps

make a new control panel altogether.

Archived