Connecting SSD Drives

johnost

Hi All! I know that you can functionally connect parts of applications between drives using Symbolic Drive technology, but I am wondering if there is any way to functionally connect two SSD's in total, i.e. so that they look to the computer as one c: d: or e: drive?

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Well - I have looked around a bit, and Raid does not do what I wish for. Raid technology can be used for data protection and read speed increases using two or more drives, but does not add continuous storage capacity.

From a brief google search. So investigate dynamic disks. But you may loose data on the second disk.

There is no need for third party utilities this time, for that you'll have to convert your disks to what Windows calls "dynamic disk" and then extend the volume across disks.

Good thinking! I was not aware of the dynamic disk technology, but as far as I can see, I would have to reformat my existing SSD drive (the one I would like to extend). This would require a complete reinstallation of about 400 GB including the OS - too much for me to face!

Archived