Low frame rate with EGLC

Hi, I just love Orbx scenery and have bought a lot of your UK scenery and not had any issues until now. I bought EGLC yesterday and installed with no issues. I actually did a frame rate test last week and averaged on the ground at EGLC 43 fps using my monitor and 34 fps when using VR (which I mostly use). Since buying EGLC, with the same settings/aircraft, I'm now getting 29fps using my monitor and 19fps VR, so can't use it in vr now due to the stuttering. This is the first time I've had any frame rate issues with orbx scenery - is there anything different about this package?  Tks

9 minutes ago, John Mckinstray said:

Should add, my set up is       Intel I7-7700k, quad core running at 4.4ghz. 32gb ram running at 3000mhz. nvidea GeForce gtx 1080 gpu.   gigabyte ga-z270-gaming k3 motherboard

Well, on this RIG, if you could get, overall, from 34 to 43 FPS, you can say you're an award winner, because that's the London area, where the FPS average is around 23 ± 5.
I suppose you didn't install True Earth Great Britain, did you?

Hi, yes I have TE GB South, Central and North installed. EGLC was one of my favourite airports and as I've ordered a new pc, I took some measurements last week on my existing machine to see what the improvement is on my new beast.. As I said above, it averaged 43 fps if using my monitor, but I usually only fly in VR now and that measured 34, but on loading orbx EGLC that dropped to 19 fps sitting on the ground at the airport.   Someone posted on this site to delete the shader cache and the preference files (except keyboard and joystick settings) then reload. I have done that and it has improved the situation a bit, I'm now getting 24 - 26 fps in VR, so at least it I can now use it till my new machine arrives. Seems to be a bit of discussion on the net about this particular scenery as I'm not alone on noticing the fps drop...but....now I can use it, I just love the scenery:)

Hi @John Mckinstray

You are far from alone with this - I have TE South and North and EGHI from Orbx with no framerate issues, but EGLC (one of my fav airfields) has killed it for me in this respect.

My spec is i7-8700k (OCd to 4.8GHz), on an ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Mobo, with an Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB GFx card, 32GB Corsair RAM and XP11 with TE, etc all running on a dedicated SSD.  So while I do not have the most up-to-date RTX cards, my PC is not exactly a slouch.

EGHI runs lovely and I appreciate that LC sits right in the heart of London, but yesterday I was getting 2-10 FPS - making the scenery pretty worthless.

1 minute ago, John Mckinstray said:

Did you try the fix above? I dropped to 19fps with EGLC, after the 'fix' I got it back to 24-26fps, not my original 34, but at least it works.

On the case of it now to see what impact it has.  I read elsewhere that the fix has to be implemented each time before you restart XP11, which is a pain if that is the case and ultimately not something a user should have to do each time to use a piece of software, etc.

I read as well you have to key the fix each time, however I have not found that to be the case for me. I keyed the 'fix' yesterday, but it still works for me today and I have closed down x-plane several times today and it is still working.

Hi guys,

Just in relation to this, I have not purchased London City airport yet, but I have had a frame rate drop off since I installed the latest version of the libraries. Noticed a frame drop in default London City, and default Glasgow airports.

Worth clearing my shader cache? Or has anybody else noticed any issues with the latest libraries?

Many thanks in advance,

AJ :-)

Give it a shot as stated above by "John Mckinstray" but don't delete the folders just the files inside those folders as mentioned.

You also might want to keep the calibration settings file.

Note, or jot down your X-Plane graphic settings before you do this.

I usually just delete the following files in the preference folder.

X-Plane Save

X-Plane Screen Res

X-Plane

Then computer reboot, restart X-Plane and reset your XP graphic settings as you had them before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, britfrog said:

have orbx done anything about the awful fps when using eglc? i have a 9900kf with 32gbs of mem and a rtx 2070 and i am lucky if i get 20fps such a shame the uk2000 version works better

I suffered very poor fps at EGLC initially, but was advised (and it is in the User manual) that turning your Texture setting down to High will gain fps. It certainly did in my case and I have a 1070 8GB vram. All other settings remained as I normally have them which is HDR one notch left of Max, Texture at High, and AA at 2xssaa+FXAA. The AA is lower than others have because I have a 4K monitor. I get 28-30 and smooth on the runway facing Canary Wharf.

Archived