Any new p3d v4 releases coming ?

asustech

Nick asked: As a matter of interest, how many e mails have you received from

Orbx Direct about X Plane 11 product releases this year?

I haven't counted but it feels like I get xplane emails every day. matter of fact I've received one just now that is 100 percent XP related. seriously add some preferences to your emails so that we can select which platform we want to know about. I have and love XP and i find its default airports good enough plus its gateway program has loads. i see zero reason to buy anything for xp. 

image.thumb.png.6c2eabb493fd52d71ebdda625eb177b7.png

On 7/31/2019 at 9:41 AM, wolfko said:

Shameless bump :ph34r:

Even more shameless answer.

Nick Cooper replied to this question immediately by referring us to the following link.

Kind regards

Ian S

Sorry, did not notice there was a page 2 and Nick had already replied.

Just now, Cyclone1 said:

Man it never ends now email notifications are a problem; really! If we did not get them there would be a complaint, if we do get them there would be a complaint...does it ever end; guess not.

I understand your point but, on the other hand, anything which helps declutter my email account of unsollicited mails is welcome :) ! 

@Aimee Sanjari thanks

@Cyclone1 you said, 

Man it never ends now email notifications are a problem; really! If we did not get them there would be a complaint, if we do get them there would be a complaint...does it ever end; guess not.

I must point out here that I wasn't complaining about receiving marketing emails from ORBX. Matter of fact they are very useful and important for both businesses and consumers. I have a busy life and it's nearly impossible for me to spend time searching for and learning about new products. These marketing emails help a lot with keeping myself up to date with the industry. 

The actual problem (and to be honest it's more of an annoyance than a problem) the OP and I have is that we are receiving marketing emails against our will for a product that we have no interest in investing our money into. Imagine that your platform of choice is xplane and ORBX sends you emails advertising p3d addons every week. How would you feel?

It's a catch 22 problem because unsubscribing from orbx emails would mean we will not easily get to know about latest info, updates, product releases, future plans etc regarding Prepar3d, our simulator platform of choice.

The only way for orbx to solve it is to give us an option to customize what emails we want to receive and what we dont want to. I can cite plenty of real world examples and sites that do have such an option.

2 hours ago, Dust2Dust said:

It's a catch 22 problem because unsubscribing from orbx emails would mean we will not easily get to know about latest info, updates, product releases, future plans etc regarding Prepar3d, our simulator platform of choice.

Or, you could check this site once per day to see all the latest releases/news. I NEVER subscribe to emails unless somebody's sending discounts with them. :)

9 hours ago, Museumkeeper said:

Even more shameless answer.

Nick Cooper replied to this question immediately by referring us to the following link.

Kind regards

Ian, I kow. But JV's last comment on Aerofly 2 in Nick's compendium is a bit outdated.

I think it would be good to create a list of only P3D users, and one of XP users, a data base, and then you know to which group to send the corresponding mail

You create an instruction, to this group only P3D marketing mails and to the other just XP ones

The thing is that when you receive one you jump in happiness, then you check it and all is XP... a cold shower at midnight

Cheers

Carlos

Just to throw the cat among the  pigeons, I would like to see the forums segregated into Sim Types.. it's annoying to read a post and finding it is of no interest to me,,IE I only have Prepar3d v4.5, and Ozx addons, and no interest whatever in any other sims. Terry.

Hello Terry,

even if this was done, it would be defeated by the posting of support requests into the

"no support requests here please" forums and of support requests for P3D into the FSX

support forums and vice versa, all of which seem to be unstoppable.:)

3 hours ago, JJJackson said:

How come that this thread was kidnapped and turned into a mailing-problem? Time to close it Nick.

Hello Jack,

if every topic was closed that contained a red herring, there wouldn't be many left open.

The discussion on the e mails has raised once again that whatever we do, some customers will like it

and some customers will not.

Equally, sometimes the customers' wishes can be accommodated and sometimes, it is not possible.

On the topic, one thing is for certain, a constant clamour of "is it nearly ready yet", however expressed,

will do nothing to bring forward the release date of anything.

For those who own P3DV4.5+ whatever, and do not have XP11+,  buy it, you don't know what your missing and you will soon find features and quality of flying like you've never had before. And have all the fun of double tweaking, pulling your hair out twice because of this, that or the other thing.

For those who only own one sim, buy two and spend twice as much on addons from Orbx, its a great fun way to spend money.

Sceneries for both sims are cheaper than a Chinese food delivery, cheaper than a round of golf for one, cheaper than going to the actually movies, about the same cost as a good bottle of wine here in Canada (land of the heavily taxed), cheaper than sim planes,  1/4 the cost of an lube, oil and filter change, and a darn sight cheaper than a tank of gas, stay home, buy a scenery and fly!

cheers

On 8/1/2019 at 8:59 PM, carlosqr said:

I think it would be good to create a list of only P3D users, and one of XP users, a data base, and then you know to which group to send the corresponding mail

You create an instruction, to this group only P3D marketing mails and to the other just XP ones

Even if it was possible, the options are not that simple.

Even using the broadest of definiitions, there are

FSX, P3D v1 -3, P3D v4, X Plane 11, Aerofly FS2.

Add to that the possible combinations of some of the five and it soon becomes clear that

the simplest thing is to send the mails to every customer who has subscribed to them and let them

choose which ones to read.

fltsimguy, I have them all X-plane 9, 10 and 11 and its just not for me, after a few weeks or months every time I go back to P3D :) Many aspects are great in X-plane in my opinion but I just cant stand the lack of ATC and AI and those are extremely important to me. I dont intend to start a debate comparing the different sims, its my huble take on it.    

On 8/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, Mark Visch said:

I think i won't be the only one when wishing for an ORBX Schiphol to fit in perfectly with true earth netherlands... 

FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol seems to work just fine with TrueEarth Netherlands on my PC (after following some of Holger's instructions).

Archived