Wow, truly looking forward to this one!

How will it work with existing Ortho4XP scenery? I already have most of Europe including this area covered by ZL17.

Guess I'll be fine as long as the airport scenery stays above Ortho4XP scenery in scenery_packs.ini?

This Innsbruck is absolutely beautiful.  Every scenery seems to outdo the last.

I heard that Innsbruck will have actual animated growing grass that will have to be mowed  and maintained regularly.:P

Bob

7 hours ago, CaptMorty said:

Hi.

Are there any way of turning off the static aircraft i XP as you can in P3d?

Regards

That's a very interesting question!

Normally, you shouldn't get any static models if you have the 'Draw parked aircraft' option in X-Plane unchecked.

Did you already uncheck that option? 

I really do hope there's a way to disable static aircraft models since I do all my flying online.

10 hours ago, CaptMorty said:

Hi.

Are there any way of turning off the static aircraft i XP as you can in P3d?

Regards

There is an option in FTX Central to turn off static aircraft for each installed airport.

1 minute ago, satch10 said:

There is an option in FTX Central to turn off static aircraft for each installed airport.

And you need to have FTX Central installed in order to install LOWI (and turn off static aircraft)?

Or is it also possible to install LOWI separately and still turn off static aircraft? 

2 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

And you need to have FTX Central installed in order to install LOWI (and turn off static aircraft)?

Or is it also possible to install LOWI separately and still turn off static aircraft? 

Hi

I may be wrong but I think that you need to have Orbx Central / FTX Central in order to install the airport scenery. When the airport is installed you then have a few options (e.g. static/no static) that you can apply to the airport.

Regards

Steve

7 minutes ago, satch10 said:

Hi

I may be wrong but I think that you need to have Orbx Central / FTX Central in order to install the airport scenery. When the airport is installed you then have a few options (e.g. static/no static) that you can apply to the airport.

Regards

Steve

Got it, thanks Steve!

Since I moved over to X-Plane, I've gotten used to very easy installations of airport scenery where no extra or external software is required. Usually, you simply copy the complete folder into place and that's it.

Will think this over if I find this single scenery worth installing extra software just to get it in place and manage it.

Hi guys, 

Thanks again for the wonderful response, I hope you are all enjoying the scenery so far :)

A gentle reminder that any support queries please be directed to our support forum - we'll be more than happy to help you out there. Posting here will usually involve them being missed by our support staff. 

@WebMaximus - rest assured, Orbx Central is the very easiest way to purchase, download and install scenery currently available. Once you have Orbx Central set up and running, it literally takes two clicks to purchase, download and install Innsbruck or any other Orbx product :)

@Marktwen - this will fix what you are seeing. 

Cheers everyone, 

Jarrad

Look stunning. One of my favorite airports. I have all of Orbx’ TE UK regions and most of the airports. I will, however probably hold off on this one. I have all of Western Europe covered with Ortho4XP (except of course UK), and I suppose Orbx Innsbruck will suppress the Ortho4XP tile for the Innsbruck region, leaving an area of default terrain in the midst of the surrounding ortho  scenery. 

7 minutes ago, flavik said:

Look stunning. One of my favorite airports. I have all of Orbx’ TE UK regions and most of the airports. I will, however probably hold off on this one. I have all of Western Europe covered with Ortho4XP (except of course UK), and I suppose Orbx Innsbruck will suppress the Ortho4XP tile for the Innsbruck region, leaving an area of default terrain in the midst of the surrounding ortho  scenery. 

Our version of Innsbruck includes the entire tile, so you won't experience the "default gap" between our scenery and any surrounding Ortho4XP tiles you use. The comparison slider in the opening topic shows the differences between what to expect in our TrueEarth-style tile vs a representative Ortho4XP tile. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

4 minutes ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Our version of Innsbruck includes the entire tile, so you won't experience the "default gap" between our scenery and any surrounding Ortho4XP tiles you use. The comparison slider in the opening topic shows the differences between what to expect in our TrueEarth-style tile vs a representative Ortho4XP tile. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Oh, that’s clever! In that case: count me in.

Just wanted to ask if the church used as a visual cue when doing the circling 08 approach is included in the scenery?

I would have assumed so but then watched the latest stream by FlightDeck2Sim who said he couldn't find it. Maybe he just missed it?

Here's the stream and the point in the stream where he mentions this ->

9 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Just wanted to ask if the church used as a visual cue when doing the circling 08 approach is included in the scenery?

I would have assumed so but then watched the latest stream by FlightDeck2Sim who said he couldn't find it. Maybe he just missed it?

I haven't bought the x-plane version of LOWI yet, but since the church is icluded in th P3d and the Aerofly versions I would assume it is also included in XP.

Anyway, when you are up there on the tableland watching the incoming traffic to 08 you will realize that every pilot in command seems to have his own personal spot to initiate the 180° turn. So the church doesn't seem to be that important.

9 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Reply #2 :):

I have now watched the point in the stream when the church should appear and have realized that buildings are generally quite sparse in this video. I assume the church is not there because FlightDeck2Sim  has set the slider for the "Number-Of-World-Oobjects"  too far to to the left. I assume pushing this slider to the far right would manage the church to be shown.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:11 PM, 86abaile said:

Which tiles are contained with ORBX Innsbruck? Is it just +47+011 or does it include the ones either side (+010 and +012) as well? I only ask to try and save some time downloading ortho. Thanks.

G'day - it's just the one tile (+47+011) that will be affected by this scenery :)

RE Axams - please see the link from the post above this one. Coming shortly in a service pack :) I would echo Wolfko's comments though; whilst the church has always been a big deal for us as simmers, I remember asking about this to three local-based pilots when I visited several years ago, none of them use this as a reference point. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

38 minutes ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

I remember asking about this to three local-based pilots when I visited several years ago, none of them use this as a reference point.

That's interesting Jarrad, thanks for sharing!

I wonder if they then use some other visual cue to know when to start turning onto base/final.

2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

That's interesting Jarrad, thanks for sharing!

I wonder if they then use some other visual cue to know when to start turning onto base/final.

They do it by instinct or judgement. Remember this is just a right hand pattern of  a visual approach. All commercial pilots have to do many supervised training landings at LOWI before they are allowed to land there as a PIC or a FO. So they all know the surrounding area and the terrain very well and are able to judge when to start the turn according to speed, altitude (yes, they don't have the same altitude when on downwind or base) lateral position etc.

And for pilots of small GA planes the church is useless anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived