Over Edinburgh with heavy thunderstorm

Dario

My first fourteen years were spent in and around Edinburgh and I never saw lightning.  That was a long time ago and with this global warming thing, everything's subject to change.  Spectacular weather - the lightnings brighter than your Navion :).

7 hours ago, olderndirt said:

My first fourteen years were spent in and around Edinburgh and I never saw lightning.  That was a long time ago and with this global warming thing, everything's subject to change.  Spectacular weather - the lightnings brighter than your Navion :).

After reading your comment, I was interested in doing some Google research to check if the weather depiction was correct, because I used “real weather” for these shots. And surprisingly, I found this article: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/weather/lightning-and-flood-risk-as-thunderstorm-warning-issued-for-edinburgh-1-4967781

@olderndirt

8 hours ago, olderndirt said:

In 1971 whilst staying at the Marine Hotel in North Berwick we had a big thunderstorm one evening. That big that I still remember it today!:o

I hope that the hotel hasn't since disappeared with the rising sea levels.;)

23 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots.

cheers

Iain

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Really nice Dario!  I'll bet your instruments went a little haywire in #5.

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some very dramatic scenes here Dario.:)

Thank you all for the comments! Regards, Dario

Archived