74S Anacortes Elevation Issues with TE Washington

I just purchased, downloaded and installed the new Anacortes 74S addon for TE Washington. There are some pretty severe elevation problems around the airport area. Getting some cliffs that are definitely not supposed to be there. I've verified the files, and it says all's good. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, johnnybbmorgan said:

I just purchased, downloaded and installed the new Anacortes 74S addon for TE Washington. There are some pretty severe elevation problems around the airport area. Getting some cliffs that are definitely not supposed to be there. I've verified the files, and it says all's good. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I don't have the addon but just check to see if you have the Runways Follows Terrain Contours in the "General"settings, enabled in your XP. If it is disabled then enable it, if it is enabled then disable it and check. I think it should be enabled to remove the anomaly you are seeing.

jjaycee1, Thanks for your input! Well, I did what you suggested and enabled the 'runways follows terrain' and yes, it took care of the cliffs, but now I have the same issue as some have posted about with the houses to the west of the airport being flat. Also, when I fly out of KSEA some of the cargo buildings disappear or are flattened. Guess I can go back and forth with enabling/disabling the runways follow contours when I want to fly in and out of Anacortes, but it will be slightly irritating to do so.

3 hours ago, johnnybbmorgan said:

jjaycee1, Thanks for your input! Well, I did what you suggested and enabled the 'runways follows terrain' and yes, it took care of the cliffs, but now I have the same issue as some have posted about with the houses to the west of the airport being flat. Also, when I fly out of KSEA some of the cargo buildings disappear or are flattened. Guess I can go back and forth with enabling/disabling the runways follow contours when I want to fly in and out of Anacortes, but it will be slightly irritating to do so.

Glad the hills of Anacortes have subsided ! Regarding the flat buildings, that as you know has been acknowledged as a bug and a fix is being done. Regarding KSEA, I am thinking you probably are using the XP KSEA demo? If you are then it now needs to be placed ABOVE Global Airports otherwise TE Washington will block out elements of it. It used to be that the 2 demo airports of KSEA and LOWI would be below Global Airports, but if you now have ortho scenery as in TE Washington, KSEA needs to be raised higher. If you have 3rd party ortho4XP of for example Austria, as I have, then the LOWI demo needs to be raised in the .ini.

Archived