1S2 Darrington Municipal Airport coming soon to X-Plane 11

79-8486ee19ff825f59390a402491e07d26.jpg

Located in a beautiful valley, Darrington Municipal Airport boasts one of the most glorious settings in the entire flight simulator world! Serving Snohomish County and dwarfed by the shadow of the mighty Whitehorse Mountain, this airfield is set in the heart of picturesque Darrington village on the confluence of two rivers. Rich in salmon fishing, wildlife and pristine natural surrounding, it's a perfect base for your bush flying adventures into the Glacier Peak Wilderness Area and North Cascades National Park.

This highly detailed airfield was lovingly crafted to include churches, houses, hangars, buildings and other unique touches, and now this version for X-Plane 11 captures the experience perfectly. 

Key Features:

• 30/60cm per pixel imagery
  • Airport and town modeled
  • Spectacular mountain setting
  • Accurate watermasks for the rivers
  • Photos taken on location
  • 3D modelled ground polygon runways and aprons
  • Seamlessly blends into TrueEarth US Washington

1S2 Darrington Municipal Airport will soon be available to purchase from OrbxDirect for AUD $32.95 (approx. USD $23.10/ €20.45/ £18.35).  Remember that if you own 1S2 for FSX/P3D, you get 40% off the X-Plane version!

Please note that you will require Orbx Libraries updated and installed to the latest version.

Please also note that for the best experience, we recommend using 1S2 in conjunction with TrueEarth US Washington. The scenery will work without it, however some users may experience the following:

• Missing or misplaced forests
  • Missing or misplaced buildings surrounding the airport
  • Photoreal blending

63-b662919fa6f5db6b6a156e745ad9038d.jpg

63-01fdab59f77913d25afc253abcec06ed.jpg

79-b508886b516c484ab4e39eb5e83b46f5.jpg

63-0ae1dc2facbb9e00ee8b56a0e12ca493.jpg

48 minutes ago, chrisdkramer said:

The night lighting is beautiful.  Miles ahead of the other version.   Once we have KORS - KFHR  - KBVS with Anacortes I will be set for life.  Until the next one releases..

Yep agreed!

What a nice surprise! A release without the "Final Shots"-Warning! I hope Iain is well!?

Yesterday I received my new 1TB-SSD B)

One question though: In the P3D-Version there was a little wooden helipad up in the montains above the village. Is that also included in the X-Plane version?

I am quite upset I have to work today. 

NOTE  - Screenshot #23 of Darrington's page is actually a screenshot of Anacortes.  Not sure if this was intentional.

Thank you for all these beautiful airports I am going to be up all night tonight.

chris

Archived