EGNX - Option to toggle smoke on/off

Hello!

I bought EGNX and it's very nice with practically no impact on FPS. I don't know how that is even possible considering the amazing details :)

But I really wish there was an option in the control panel to toggle the smoke fx on or off. It does not look very good, it's moving to fast in light wind and looks out of scale somehow.

/Magnus

Yes I agree also as I have bought that airport and I ended up parked near these three chimneys and what you get is three black blobs at certain height above the chimneys and then the smoke as it is rising to the black blob which then disappears. Probably would look better if the colours were a bit lighter. Derek.

Smoke in X-Plane is awful. Full stop! Having black billowing smoke in scenery addons is a real turnoff. It is not realistic in any manner, shape or form. I would suggest removing the smoke altogether. What comes out of most power stations for example is steam from cooling towers not black smoke.

@Nick Cooper

It's the smoke coming out of the chimneys of a hangar on the airfield. I don't know what the hangar is for though. The smoke fx attached to these chimneys doesn't look very good and is a distraction from the otherwise excellent airport. Just imho of course. So an option in the controlpanel to switch it on or off would be great so you can use it if you like it and remove if you don't.

/Magnus

Hello,

it looks like the smoke is coming out of the Air Livery building which the internet suggests

is an aircraft repainting company.

In that case, it might be more likely that the "chimneys" are in fact exhausts for the ventilation

required when painting and never have smoke coming out of them, or maybe left over from a

previous use of the building?

Just a guess, I have never been there.

Google Earth is a very useful thing though

and street view is even better

2.jpg

@Greg Jones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived