Compatibility with DD Seattle Airports.

In JV's April announcement thread, it was mentioned that they would endeavor to make TE Washington compatible with 'DD Seattle Airports'.  Doesn't appear to have happened yet so was wondering if this is still a plan?  

The TE Washington Manual says:

Drzewiecki Design Seattle Airports – Important!! This scenery contains a custom mesh that is
not compatible with TE Washington and will disable a large part of the scenery (showing default
terrain). This is due to a limitation in how meshes are distributed for X-Plane and bugs in the terrain
for the default KSEA Airport. However, the airports work with our mesh and the custom DD mesh
can be disabled if both products are used together.

I disabled "DD Seattle Airports XP Terrain" and didn't observe issues so far, at least not at KSEA.

Kind regards, Michael

2 hours ago, pmb said:

The TE Washington Manual says:

Drzewiecki Design Seattle Airports – Important!! This scenery contains a custom mesh that is
not compatible with TE Washington and will disable a large part of the scenery (showing default
terrain). This is due to a limitation in how meshes are distributed for X-Plane and bugs in the terrain
for the default KSEA Airport. However, the airports work with our mesh and the custom DD mesh
can be disabled if both products are used together.

I disabled "DD Seattle Airports XP Terrain" and didn't observe issues so far, at least not at KSEA.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael - thanks for the assist.  If all else fails, read the manual :).

Dave

DD Seattle airports work with the mesh removed...but...there's a 10 or 12 fps hit for me... I certainly appreciate the incredible detail but in general I need those frames while flying  :)

• 1 month later...

I disabled the DD mesh for the DD Seattle airport. It works , but not 100%.  I noticed some mesh anomalies showing some of the buildings behind the main  KSEA terminal floating in the air. Also, some airport building at the northern part of KSEA are  sinking in the ground. If I enable back the DD mesh for the DD airports and put it at higher level than the TE Washington in the scenery_pack, the above anomalies are corrected.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

• 6 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 10:19 PM, hm2118 said:

I disabled the DD mesh for the DD Seattle airport. It works , but not 100%.  I noticed some mesh anomalies showing some of the buildings behind the main  KSEA terminal floating in the air. Also, some airport building at the northern part of KSEA are  sinking in the ground. If I enable back the DD mesh for the DD airports and put it at higher level than the TE Washington in the scenery_pack, the above anomalies are corrected.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

I noticed that as well but i think its exactly because these buildings are coming form the DD-scenery and as soon as you deactivate its mesh, these builidngs wont match the Orbx-mesh. If you deactivate the whole airport you won't see any floating buildings anymore.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:10 PM, Franz007 said:

I noticed that as well but i think its exactly because these buildings are coming form the DD-scenery and as soon as you deactivate its mesh, these builidngs wont match the Orbx-mesh. If you deactivate the whole airport you won't see any floating buildings anymore.

Thanks for your reply.  I actually like to keep the DD airport as it is a very nice scenery, Much better than the default. I was wondering if there is a way to exclude the Orbx mesh in these areas that is causing anomalies with the DD airport.

Archived