Our first airport for TrueEarth Washington: 74S Anacortes for XP11!

20-4b9d6003e1a236b278aa648fe19519fe.jpg

Hot on the heels of TrueEarth Washington, we are very excited to unveil the first of our HD airports for the region, 74S Anacortes Airport! A classic PNW destination, this scenery has been lovingly brought to life for X-Plane 11. Far more than just an airport, Anacortes includes an extended high-res coverage area encompassing the City of Anacortes, as well as several bonus landing strips and helipads. Test your short-field landings at Allan Island airstrip, hone your amphibian skills at 21H Skyline, battle the elements at the Burrows Island Lighthouse Helipad, and be sure to keep an eye out for vertical obstructions at WA02 Island Hospital Heliport

Anacortes airport itself is the perfect base of operations for your island hoping adventures; capable of accommodating your favorite GA aircraft at the welcoming San Juan Airlines FBO. Featuring beautiful modelling and texturing, the airport is perfectly situated for short hops to many of your other most-loved destinations, including nearby Darrington, Skagit, Israel's Farm, Orcas, Friday Harbor, and of course the many airfields in the Seattle Metropolitan Area. As well as hand-placed autogen, explore over a dozen landmarks and points of interest, dispersed amongst stunning 7cm, 15cm and 60cm photoreal imagery. Be sure to check out the nearby Deception Pass Bridge (perfectly suited for your low-flying adventures!), as well as the many coves and inlets dotted around the coastline. The scenery seamlessly integrates with TrueEarth US Washington and uses 7cm, 15cm and 60cm photoreal imagery.

Located smack dab in the heart of the Pacific Northwest, Anacortes is a wonderful destination with so much to explore!

Feature Map: 

20-29a04564a6c7bd79fc2da943d6afb1bd.jpg

Key Features:

• Ultra-detailed modelling and texturing
  • Extended coverage area including City of Anacortes and surrounds
  • 2x bonus airstrips & 2x additional heliports
  • Highly-detail static aircraft local to Anacortes
  • Ultra-detail Deception Pass Bridge
  • Hand-placed autogen vegetation and buildings
  • Over a dozen local landmarks and points of interest
  • High detail ground poly with sloped runway
  • Painstakingly colorized orthoimagery at 60cm, 15cm and 7cm resolution
  • Seamlessly blends into TrueEarth US Washington
  • Excellent performance, optimized for your favorite aircraft addons
  • Original airport by Jarrad Marshall, expertly brought to XP11 by Turbulent Designs

74S Anacortes Airport will soon be available to purchase from OrbxDirect for AUD $32.95 (approx. USD $22.80/ €17.95/ £18.00.  Remember that if you own 74S for FSX/P3D, you get 40% off the X-Plane version!

Please note that you will require Orbx Libraries updated and installed to version 1.6.1 which is also now available. 

Please also note that for the best experience, we recommend using 74S in conjunction with TrueEarth US Washington. The scenery will work without it, however some users may experience the following:

• Missing or misplaced forests
  • Missing or misplaced buildings surrounding the airport
  • Photoreal blending

Bonus Landing Areas:

20-63cc2102de4be3321732d07d2688a127.jpg 

20-aa16390b52f27d43e0e192ae93f8be0e.jpg 

20-3259dfd35e5aa7ab74f32b5450acc439.jpg 

20-590efaf73e99d98ad3fcf810ebee51e4.jpg 

This airport is the first of a slew of exciting destinations coming to X-Plane 11 for TrueEarth Washington; keep an eye out on the forums for plenty more screenshots and information over the coming weeks! 

Enjoy!
Jarrad

20-26d7eebb5f445f3b87519b4e706f19a8.jpg

20-5def9f07eb0060d8beb57fa1428f52ab.jpg

20-7b32446ec82be78eaf29126602799b91.jpg

20-a4a2df157285e8aba4f2ac113bf25dc3.jpg

79-d5cdb3f07a99d0be9c6436c21249a7c4.jpg 

63-0044d28a073e751cefb78749204081e0.jpg 

63-c630d1e0b45b28f7aafc2c5fb84ad674.jpg 

20-9ebcbc4fde132b32dd82eb0ab915e1ec.jpg

63-ddf23efe0f44b592a83eb5b37f8d7442.jpg

79-e8dddafa8ba03a271bde4bbc6df64982.jpg

20-d2fad6bb6f2f6a7f455b5617b5957a21.jpg

20-5269c77b85b3339d8601b8a76ddcc33d.jpg 

79-5981facf45f25242050595d46cf77965.jpg

63-fc4512fe7eb33b224cea9d647c30fe63.jpg

20-22cc7881f2b01d7b225e24a7e2a29aef.jpg 

63-b22aa0714c8998616204b0d85559a659.jpg

79-78b71d77a506f21453ff6f828e522bbb.jpg

In spite of all these automatically projected 3Ds on the "orthophotos" being satisfactory, Jarrad's 74S Anacortes has always been one of the best pursuing the filling of almost "all" footprints.

It's a great addition to the crowd of X-Plane fans.:D

41 minutes ago, Capt Pugwash said:

You beauty! a must have for my TE Washington :)

PS: is that runway not flat? looks like the real deal...

Indeed the runway is not flat, nor are any of the runways in our ported airports for TE Washington.

1) im going to buy this regardless to the following :
 2) Why can't you just migrate all of your WA airports to xplane, instead of us having to wait months upon months to get only a few selected airports from your catalog converted to xplane... i dont get it ...

1 hour ago, idontknow123 said:

2) Why can't you just migrate all of your WA airports to xplane, instead of us having to wait months upon months to get only a few selected airports from your catalog converted to xplane... i dont get it ...

We've got plenty more coming down the pipeline as I speak :)

5 hours ago, idontknow123 said:

My guess is that it's not as easy as pressing the "Convert to X-Plane" button :)

8 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Excellent conversion with some nice touches. I note the Port-a-loo in shot 16.:)

Keep this up & I'll never fly P3D again.

TTM

This is the stage I am at. I have realised I am more of an Orbx fan than P3D or X-plane fan. X-Plane (on my system) just runs True Earth scenery far better and I am not sure I want to fly anywhere that isn't True Earth any more.

3 words.

Fi

Nal

Ly!!!!

One thing I do miss in Xplane  is the washington state ferries that chug through here.  (my grandfather was an engineer on the Klickitat).   John has there been any conversation about making a payware ferry/ship package to go along with this?  I would think it would sell well based on the popularity of the area.

8 hours ago, chrisdkramer said:

3 words.

Fi

Nal

Ly!!!!

One thing I do miss in Xplane  is the washington state ferries that chug through here.  (my grandfather was an engineer on the Klickitat).   John has there been any conversation about making a payware ferry/ship package to go along with this?  I would think it would sell well based on the popularity of the area.

The MarineTraffic x plugin also includes ferries although i cannot vouch that the Washington State ones are included. However if you don't have the plugin I suggest you get it. It adds a lot to the immersion and scenery.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/43684-marinetrafficx/

Yes the marine traffic plugin does include Washington ferries.

To the other poster, we are actually converting ALL the WA airports to XP11 but as somebody has already said it’s not a matter of pressing a convert button for each of them. Each port has its own challenges like mesh, flattens, traffic and objects, and each airport needs to be properly tested before release.

That said, we have five of them almost ready to go and a dozen or more planned for porting all the way down the west coast of the USA.

The HD Pack is almost ready to go, we just need to fix a few bugs in WA65 Israel’s Farm, which is bundled with it for free.

Beautiful and I especially noticed the trees, which look way better than the standard, immersion jarring X-Plane trees. Are these the Turbulent Designs Terraflora trees as promised as part of the Optional HD Pack?

23 hours ago, riverreveal said:

This is the stage I am at. I have realised I am more of an Orbx fan than P3D or X-plane fan. X-Plane (on my system) just runs True Earth scenery far better and I am not sure I want to fly anywhere that isn't True Earth any more.

It's the same here, X-Plane just seems to run better and has fewer issues these days. What I really miss from P3D/FSX is the AI traffic and ATC. Yes, it's flawed and not very realistic, but it just feels so immersive when you can see other aircraft flying around the pattern, hopping between airports etc. and hearing them call out their positions. X-Plane feels kind of lonely sometimes.
Don't know if it would be possible to develop some kind of dynamic, animated AI traffic like the FTX GA package for P3D, maybe using a plugin and scripts, but that would probably be too complex to implement. Expanded multiplayer might be an option, but then you depend on there actually being people in the area you're flying (and on them not behaving like massive tools).

14 hours ago, JimmiG said:

It's the same here, X-Plane just seems to run better and has fewer issues these days. What I really miss from P3D/FSX is the AI traffic and ATC. Yes, it's flawed and not very realistic, but it just feels so immersive when you can see other aircraft flying around the pattern, hopping between airports etc. and hearing them call out their positions. X-Plane feels kind of lonely sometimes.
Don't know if it would be possible to develop some kind of dynamic, animated AI traffic like the FTX GA package for P3D, maybe using a plugin and scripts, but that would probably be too complex to implement. Expanded multiplayer might be an option, but then you depend on there actually being people in the area you're flying (and on them not behaving like massive tools).

Give this a shot, it's free (ADS-B and Realtraffic do need a paid subscription) :
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49749-livetraffic/

It's works very good, even with only Opensky network to display real time flights in the area.
And it's not a resource hog like WT3.

1 hour ago, MacD said:

Give this a shot, it's free (ADS-B and Realtraffic do need a paid subscription) :
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49749-livetraffic/

It's works very good, even with only Opensky network to display real time flights in the area.
And it's not a resource hog like WT3.

I've seen that before, but I think it's mostly airliner traffic? What I really miss are the Cessnas etc. doing touch n go's, correctly calling out their positions on the radio etc. like you get with the FTX NA airports and the NA GA traffic pack.

22 minutes ago, JimmiG said:

I've seen that before, but I think it's mostly airliner traffic? What I really miss are the Cessnas etc. doing touch n go's, correctly calling out their positions on the radio etc. like you get with the FTX NA airports and the NA GA traffic pack.

...or Flight Unlimited 3 ;)

2 hours ago, Perk said:

How's the framerate in X-Plane?  For some reason Anacortes more than any of the other airports (and I have them all) around Puget sound kills FPS in P3D for me.

I had similar concerns about moving to X-plane. My system is 1070, 16gb ram @1600, overclocked 4.5ghz 3750k cpu. On my g-sync 1440p monitor, I was a stuttering mess using True Earth South over London.

I took the plunge and purchased X-plane in the Steam sale, Washington, Britain True Earths, ASXP and am so impressed with my performance. I use my 4k tv now and have a totally smooth experience with far more detail. My frame rates may still be low in London, around 15fps, but the totally smooth 4k experience is a far better trade off than anything I experienced in P3D. the majority of places I fly I am getting 30fps with no problems.

As I said earlier in this thread, on my system True Earth is just far better on X-plane and I really cant imagine going back to P3D now.

2 hours ago, riverreveal said:

I took the plunge and purchased X-plane in the Steam sale, Washington, Britain True Earths, ASXP and am so impressed with my performance. I use my 4k tv now and have a totally smooth experience with far more detail. My frame rates may still be low in London, around 15fps, but the totally smooth 4k experience is a far better trade off than anything I experienced in P3D. the majority of places I fly I am getting 30fps with no problems.

I've always found lower frames in XP to be slightly smoother than the ESP sims. 15FPS in XP is just about bearable for short periods (I also have a 3440x1440 monitor), but FSX was a big no for that.

Hi All,

I would like to remind you that this is a Preview of a paid product, please refrain from external links or suggestions of " Other Developers and or Vendors" products. We are here to showcase our product, there are other Sub Forums that are created for utilising such suggestions, as helpful as they may be.:)

19 hours ago, scotchegg said:

I've always found lower frames in XP to be slightly smoother than the ESP sims. 15FPS in XP is just about bearable for short periods (I also have a 3440x1440 monitor), but FSX was a big no for that.

I concur, but this is, because X-Plane automatically reduces the simrate, when FPS are going below a ceratin level.

43 minutes ago, Longranger241 said:

If we interpret Bens remarks correctly this is one of the the things that they fix with/after Vulkan/Metal.

Well I see people in the screenshots and Vulcan is not implemented yet so either they worked out People Flow or the people are static.  I’ll wait for a staff member to answer.

14 minutes ago, skydvdan said:

the people are static. 

They will be static as in the UK airports. The problem is that the technology behind it (Bones Animations) at this time only woks near the plane in X-Plane. And X-Plane decided that this is one of the huge number of changes that they can easier do with the support of the Vulkan debugging tools and with the advanced capabilities. But what we don't know if this will be a part of the First batch of Vulkan fixes or a bit behind. But there is nothing to do for OrbX, that's the job of Laminar.

7 minutes ago, Longranger241 said:

They will be static as in the UK airports. The problem is that the technology behind it (Bones Animations) at this time only woks near the plane in X-Plane. And X-Plane decided that this is one of the huge number of changes that they can easier do with the support of the Vulkan debugging tools and with the advanced capabilities. But what we don't know if this will be a part of the First batch of Vulkan fixes or a bit behind. But there is nothing to do for OrbX, that's the job of Laminar.

That response makes loads more sense to me.  I wasn’t trying to be difficult, I just wanted to understand so thank you for taking the time to explain. ;)

Archived