Problem with airport AUv2 YBBN compatability fix...

G'day...

I was thrilled to see the manual AUv2 fixes available for selected add-ons.

Unfortunately, the very first one I have applied has an issue: using the P3D zip file for P3Dv4.5hf1, BNE, installed as directed, the result with the FTXC3 control panel option for AUv2 set active loads scenery with no available parking locations (see attached pic - all available bays and RWYs are no longer shown). Setting the AUv2 control panel option back to unticked does not bring the parking bays back.

Any suggestions please?

BNEpatch.JPG

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Problem with airport AUv2 YBBN compatability fix...

Yes, YBCS does appear to have the same problem .... the rest that I have tested seem to be fine. You've put in a great effort Graham ...much appreciated.

Cheers

If it's useful information, while i had this issue (as reported above) at BNE, I DON'T have this issue with CNS (ie. bays and RWYs present after the fix) so possibly a different issue?

As noted above, P3Dv4.5hf1 in my case.

For info in case it's useful.

I have updated the download zip for YBCS in my announcement post re these updates. The issue can be resolved by doing the following. Download the new zip from that post. Deselect Australia V2 in your Control Panel to restore your system to the AUV1 file structure and copy in the new files as before. This time you should get a warning to overwrite all the earlier update files. Select yes and let the files copy.

Not sure if this is meant to be removed or not but identified several duplications of files within various folders after installing the patch 'zip files'.

Are these meant to still be there or removed ?

FTXAA_YBBN/Scenery 

cvx_YBBN_gateway_ramps+traffic.BGL

cvx_YBBN_gateway_ramps+traffic.BGL.OFF

CVX_YBBN_Terrain.BGL

CVX_YBBN_Terrain.BGL.OFF

Several duplications here 

FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY/scenery

See (poles, substations) where '+++' indicated 

See (NORTH, Southcenter, Southeast, Southwest, Tasmania, West) where 'xxx' indicated

FTXAUv2_POI_objects_powerline_+++_xxx.BGL

FTXAUv2_POI_objects_powerline_+++_xxx.BGL.OFF

It would seem that perhaps you have reinstalled YBBN Brisbane while in Australia V2 mode. Those two files are not included in the update but are changed to inactive via the Control Panel. The same could be the case with the FTXAUv2 files.

For YBBN, you need to delete one of each of those files. If you have Australia V2 active in your Control Panel then remove the two files without the .OFF trailer. Once you have done that, check your YBBN Control Panel to ensure all is in order.

The same would apply to FTXAUv2. remove one of each of the duplicated files and check the AUv2 Control Panel and see if every option then works as it should. 

Hi Graham, thanks for the speedy response and advice what to remove will do so. As to did I reinstall while in Aus v2 mode sorry, but I did not uninstall or reinstall YBBN after v2 was installed nor any other airport. The only thing I did do which I dont know could have caused this or not was to reverify the files after I updated each control panel.

Being one of the many who on installing v2 did not get prompted or requested to uninstall v1 first so ended up with both Aus v1 and Aus v2 installed. This was posted re that issue along with the question of having to also uninstall Holgermesh which was verified needed to also be uninstalled. There was no mention of either having to be uninstalled anywhere in installation documentation and suggested same. That aside, I did a complete uninstall of both Aus v1 & v2 also Holgermesh, and again found some other remnants within the Documents folder which also were not removed re holgermesh and Aus v1. Checked various other subfolders suggested here on forum and then reinstalled v2 which seemed fine other than couple of minor coastal textures along the coast near newcastle which were posted in the AUSv2 issues thread.

The listed items were simply what I found after following the instructions for information and  remedy which you have provided.

Thanks Ross

...WTF....!!!

Hi Graham, some further information after following instructions. have identified 4 folders again reinstalled in the ORBX/FTX_AU folder.

As I recall these were Australia v1 folders. I also note that they do not show up in the Library List when the simulator boots up. Is that supposed to happen ?

719951497_ORBXSceneryLibrarylist.JPG.dcfc9c18e25a0d7db9bd5607700d56ec.JPG 

Hi Nick,

I am aware they are part of Australia (v1) and simply providing feedback and information. Maybe I should have been started this as a new topic instead seeing this original topic has been flagged as RESOLVED but was in fact a continuation of symptoms I had with YBBN also.  

I had deleted them previously if you read the posts above however for some reason they have suddenly reappeared again in the Prepar3D operating folder in ORBX/FTX_AU folder. As indicated they were not there and suddenly back there and also noted that they are not showing installed in the 'Scenery Library list' on startup.

No idea why they have suddenly reappeared in the ORBX folder. Will delete them yet again !!!  

Hi Nick lucky I checked in here after being out before deleting those folders 

FTXAU05_ROADS contains .migrated file and Scenery Folder which contains the following 

1046708418_OrbxRoads.JPG.fa73ca014d46e3009b7bfd78087345e1.JPG

FTXAU16_SHORES contains .migrated file and Scenery folder which contains the following

1811879212_OrbxShores.JPG.424930528fe3ffc809903320f4777678.JPG

FTXAU18_CUSTOM contains .migrated file Scenery folder which contains 131 files. Texture folder which contains 902 files 

338823596_OrbxCustom.thumb.JPG.936cff07b75763e9f46c7ced226aa1ea.JPG

FTXAU36_SHORES contains .migrated file and Scenery folder which contains 

575898871_Orbx36Shores.JPG.2e132ad6f7d54599944ab00d68aa46fc.JPG

Will not delete just yet as did not seem to affect scenery on flights from YBBN - YSSY or YPAD - YMML if you need further info.

regards Ross

After ongoing frustrations uninstalled Aus v2 and all my Australia airports both payware and freeware. 

1. Checked the ORBX folder in Prepar3d to see if there were any remnants of any of them not removed - including 'Scripts, Version and Document' Folders Completely empty.

2. Re-installed AU v1 & Holgermesh through Central 3 and then tried to install Aus v2. This time got the warning unable to install as v1 was installed.

(I did not get this the first time when I installed v2 at all).

3. Uninstalled v1 and Holgermesh. again checked folders for any left over files - None identified. 

4. Installed Aus v2 again !

5. Added each airport via Central 3 using the downloaded zipfiles and checked the folders after each one the ORBX FOLDER no ausv1 folders regenerated.

6. After installing the various airport patches for v2, opened Central 3 and then the Control panel of each airport as they were done. Selected using V2 and ticked and unticked various items in the respective control panels that I wanted either ON or OFF.

7. This is when I discovered after completing them all that the Aus v1 folders had re-appeared in the FTX_AU folder. 

So does this mean or suggest that specific objects/settings within the respective airport Control Panels use information from Aus v1 hence why these folders get regenerated even though Aus v1 is not installed and only partial files are recreated ? 

Hello,

there is nothing at all in the AU Australia folders that is required by Australia v2.

It is for that reason that AU Australia must be uninstalled before Australia v2 is installed.

I have no idea why you keep finding "some of the Aus v1 folders".

If they are still 5, 16, 18 and 36, they do not align with any of the AU Australia sub-sections

or the Tasmania demo.

42 minutes ago, rf253 said:

So does this mean or suggest that specific objects/settings within the respective airport Control Panels use information from Aus v1 hence why these folders get regenerated even though Aus v1 is not installed and only partial files are recreated ? 

We've discovered just in the past couple of days that the original installers for some of the older Orbx airports contained ROADS, SHORES and SCENERY files which were meant to override the equivalent files within AUv1. Reinstalling those airports also reinstalled those folders and files. They are not required with AUv2 and will be sorted when Orbx Central is rolled out,

In the meantime, you are safe to remove them as often as they reappear. That should only happen if you reinstall one of the five are six airports containing these files. Sorry for the frustration here but we are now onto it.

6 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

We've discovered just in the past couple of days that the original installers for some of the older Orbx airports contained ROADS, SHORES and SCENERY files which were meant to override the equivalent files within AUv1. Reinstalling those airports also reinstalled those folders and files. They are not required with AUv2 and will be sorted when Orbx Central is rolled out,

In the meantime, you are safe to remove them as often as they reappear. That should only happen if you reinstall one of the five are six airports containing these files. Sorry for the frustration here but we are now onto it.

Could you tell us which older airports these are. Currently I have only AUv2 on my  new(!) system and I would skip those "incompatible" airports for now. As I own all AU Orbx airports, I can start withe some of the others, just to have some destinations avaiable.

Hello Harry,

the remedy for this is so straightforward that it would be better to just install whichever

Australian Orbx airports that you wish to.

Once you have finished, just go to ORBX\FTX_AU and delete any folders named FTXAUxx_XXXXXX.

The Australia v2 folders are also very easy to spot, they are all named FTXAUv2_xx_XXXXXX

Even if you did not, those FTXAUxx folders are not added to the simulator scenery library, so they will have no

effect on Australia v2 or the airport.

Thanks Graham for the update and hopefully the info provided was of some assistance. Not sure Nick if you read my previous posts as the very same comments were already described   

I am also having problems with textures at YBBN.

In ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBBN\Scenery I have:

CVX_YBBN_Terrain.BGL.OFF
CVX_YBBN_Terrain_AUv2.BGL

As suggested above, I deleted the folders FTXAUxx_XXXXXX and have the FTXAUv2_xx_XXXXXX.

In the YBBN Control Panel, I have the Australia v2 option checked and "FSX Ground Poly (Default)" selected.

Here is an example of what I am seeing at YBBN:

2019-7-11_10-53-1-638.jpg

2019-7-11_10-54-15-139.jpg

Thanks, I should have looked at Google Earth before asking - it does look a lot like that indeed. The photoreal option does look a bit better but the default option is actually close to the real photo from Google Earth.

I've been having problems with the new AUv2 config settings sticking for the following airports: YBBN, YMMB, YMML, YSCB, YSTW. Looking at the config settings files I notice all are referring to files similar to the example below:       

<file>
         <onPath>ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\Scenery\ORBX_AUV2_YBBN_windsocks_ObjectFlow.xml.OFF</onPath>
          <offPath>ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\Scenery\ORBX_AUV2_YBBN_windsocks_ObjectFlow.xml</offPath>
</file>

However, there are no ORBX_AUV2...files at all in the target scenery folder. I do notice that a similarly named object flow file is in the folder of the specific airports though.

Just in case my install is messed up I tried uninstalling and re-installing AUv2 from a full manual download with the same result (there were no file differences between that and my original install, confirmed with a file and folder comparison tool).

Hoping this is the only problem I tried removing the similar lines from the settings config files for the above airports and it fixed the problem for all but YSTW which I still haven't found the cause for yet.

Unless there is some weird problem with my install (and I've done it twice now from a clean start) there must be an error in the listings of the config files or files missing from the downloads?

Many thaaks,

Rob 

Hi Nick,

I do have a problem then, I have none of the XML config files you show in the AUV2 scenery folder, or anywhere else in my Orbx folders for that matter. The other BGL files you show are present as expected. 

I've repeated the AUv2 install twice now, removing the old AU before doing the first install. The first time I downloaded and installed through FTX Central,  the second time I installed from a manually downloaded zip file. No errors were reported either time and everything seems set up as expected. I didn't know I had a problem until I tried using the control panel for the updated airports I've listed.

I'm still using P3D v3, not sure if that might have any bearing if some files are targeted to a version.

Editing the xml files was just an attempt to track down the cause of the problem, I have backups of the original.

Yes, that when I noticed the problem. I downloaded every one (including the specific P3D versions where these were available) and copied the contents to the Orbx folder, overwriting as instructed.

The AUv2 switch works fine in all the updated airport config panels except for the five airports I've listed. For those with the problem, the switch does not persist and I've tracked it down to the XML files I seems to be missing in my AUv2 SCENERY folder. If I amend the XML config file (temporarily) to remove just the lines referring to those object flow files then the config panel works fine for these airports. Presumably if the config panel app doesn't see the AUv2 files it expects then it assumes that AUv2 compatibility is off.

Thanks

All working now. I had to mess around a bit with some duplicate BGLs present at the same time in both the .bgl and .OFF state, but this was a result of my using the control panel and copying in files from the downloads while I was testing. That wouldn't happen normally if the instructions are followed correctly.

Anyway, it definitely seems these XML object flow files were missing from my P3Dv3 install of AUv2.

Thanks again for your help and please let me know if you find out anything more.

Archived