Into the Blue

Stillwater

Leaving Sydney (with the 3rd party scenery fitting perfectly, thanks to Orbx and the other company working so well together), ...

jYWefID.jpg

... with a little detour over the city (and the hotel we have already booked).

RyX1UND.jpg

Into the Blue... Mountains at Penrith. Streets and landclass appear more precise to me than in AUv1.

uq7L5Nq.jpg

Sun Valley to the right. I am not sure about the black structure under the 337´s belly - is it shadow or a LC error?

algkhfa.jpg

Wentworth Falls,...

cgybq7O.jpg

... where we get the first view of Jamisons Valley.

d159Ud8.jpg

And turning south over Katoomba. My impression is the mesh is improved here, and it looks really good.

VJVujXy.jpg

Echo Point and The Three Sisters, using the photoreal add-on which was issued yesterday by @corinoco .

9ewUcnW.jpg

quENpSR.jpg

And this is YKAT airstrip, out of the good old OZx packages. Nice blend, though there might be some elevation difference.

LLKg0bd.jpg

dVwvBY2.jpg

04YHhSd.jpg

Looking back to the blue...

aW5VGzx.jpg

... and ahead towards Sydney.

8kJU1Rp.jpg

A little downwind turn over Randwick racecourse, and then we were set to land back in YSSY.

ly0bMHU.jpg

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Looks good Gerold, I find that if I see a black building I pause and it will fill in.

Thanks Jack. That is my tactic as well, and there are quite a lot in Sydney. Usually I pause a bit before making a screenshot... But in this case it did not help. And it did not bother me much.

There are a lot of improvements. Lots of people have reported the black scenery issue - there's other patches of it around YRSI as well.

I just noticed - where did you get the North Sydney buildings from? And Potts Point?

I noticed you got YKAT working... how did you manage that? When I activate OZX, the LC and scenery around Katoomba itself gets mangled. I'd love to know how to get both working smoothly, YKAT is normally my 'home' field, bumpy as it is, and with a set of powerlines built practically across the strip! 

For those that don't know the ... unique .. experience that is YKAT, here's a video of a Caribou departing from it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cETqTR1JCCI

And here's a link to an amusing little discussion of YKATs many pleasures! :D https://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/527158-katoomba-ykat-anyone-been-there-2.html

Why do I fly from there? We'll it's a sim, so I can...   In the right winds you can get a 737 off the ground there.

"Please fasten your seatbelts for takeoff. No, fasten them more than that. A bit more please. Cabin crew please close all window blinds. And blindfold the passengers too, until we're clear of those powerlines."

5 hours ago, corinoco said:

There are a lot of improvements. Lots of people have reported the black scenery issue - there's other patches of it around YRSI as well.

I just noticed - where did you get the North Sydney buildings from? And Potts Point?

I noticed you got YKAT working... how did you manage that? When I activate OZX, the LC and scenery around Katoomba itself gets mangled. I'd love to know how to get both working smoothly, YKAT is normally my 'home' field, bumpy as it is, and with a set of powerlines built practically across the strip! 

For those that don't know the ... unique .. experience that is YKAT, here's a video of a Caribou departing from it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cETqTR1JCCI

And here's a link to an amusing little discussion of YKATs many pleasures! :D https://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/527158-katoomba-ykat-anyone-been-there-2.html

Why do I fly from there? We'll it's a sim, so I can...   In the right winds you can get a 737 off the ground there.

"Please fasten your seatbelts for takeoff. No, fasten them more than that. A bit more please. Cabin crew please close all window blinds. And blindfold the passengers too, until we're clear of those powerlines."

I have done a few flights out of YKAT in Ant's Tiger Moth, a beautiful location and with several other OZx strips in the vicinity makes for some highly enjoyable flying.

I am so glad you put up the Caribou clip too. I hope my speakers have survived, what a glorious sight and sound.

17 hours ago, corinoco said:

That is satisfying news to me, Corinoco - and surely we hope for some little corrections.

It might be I have a rare collection of additions, it must be the work of @teecee . If you PM me you e-mail adress I can try to send you his magnificient "Terry Stuff" packs (two packs of 250 MB size each).

Oh, I did - nothing special! I had just installed good old OZx (with the p3d libraries for sure). Deinstalled Holgermesh. FSGlobal2010 is completely active. I did not add anything like LC for Australlia (surely not FlyTampa´s). So I can´t give you much help... deleting the shaders is an unrisky move. What about terrain.cfg (I do not remember how you can build this clean from scratch)?

Hahaha, that´s great! Could be useful for Mule Air Services or for any of @Jack Sawyers flights!

Archived