Here and there

VH-KDK

A few images from recent flights.

1.HzOsRoh.jpg

Mountains in Western Sutherland, Scotland.

2.vWteYoR.jpg

Out of Bowerman. and at Garden City and McLeary

3.0ZqUi39.jpg

Cowes, Isle of Wight.

4.zgtLBbt.jpg

Duvall Washington on the Snoqualmie River

42 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Nice shots Martyn all of them, but I like the last one best, clouds, hazy  mountains …..nice. :smile:

Don

Thanks Don, I wanted to go up the valley but I was getting too tired!

Maybe another day.:D

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

From 1964, is it really 55 years ago.:o

Yeah, kinda scary on one level but sorta satisfying on another. For a while now it seems like as the time passes (and it certainly does that quicker now) there's yet another part of my youth that hits the 50 year anniversary. I've gotten used to the idea of the Beatles, Stones, Beach Boys etc all being in their 70s (or more) but when I see comments about the next lot (punky, new agey etc) hitting their 60s that's when I really start to worry! Plus the other weird thing is to extend it back. I'm quite happy in my skin to be where I am and feel that things are fairly consistent in my life (I still feel like essentially the same "me", if you know what I mean), but if I think about going back 50 years from THEN it suddenly feels like history. I now realise I can't imagine what it must have felt like to be 70'ish in the '60s, having had that life experience of the first half of the 20th century. Two World Wars just the worst part of a whole lot of bad times. Kinda humbling.

And nice pix, by the way. Sorry to have digressed - I probably should have posted this in the Memorial Lounge!

12 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Yeah, kinda scary on one level but sorta satisfying on another. For a while now it seems like as the time passes (and it certainly does that quicker now) there's yet another part of my youth that hits the 50 year anniversary. I've gotten used to the idea of the Beatles, Stones, Beach Boys etc all being in their 70s (or more) but when I see comments about the next lot (punky, new agey etc) hitting their 60s that's when I really start to worry! Plus the other weird thing is to extend it back. I'm quite happy in my skin to be where I am and feel that things are fairly consistent in my life (I still feel like essentially the same "me", if you know what I mean), but if I think about going back 50 years from THEN it suddenly feels like history. I now realise I can't imagine what it must have felt like to be 70'ish in the '60s, having had that life experience of the first half of the 20th century. Two World Wars just the worst part of a whole lot of bad times. Kinda humbling.

And nice pix, by the way. Sorry to have digressed - I probably should have posted this in the Memorial Lounge!

No problems Andy, you can say (almost:lol:) whatever you like on my posts and I don't mind. I enjoy reading about others past experiences and thoughts on here.

I agree with what you have said here. A few years ago at work I said to a 21 year old about the modern "music." I remarked on how you would have to be on drugs to buy any of it. Then I stopped and said that 60 year olds would have said the same to me when I was 21 about me spending money on Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep etc....

I am very glad that I have lived through these times, I would hate to be starting out now. It was not too long ago that I started remembering things that happened 20 years ago but now it is thinking that I went there and did that 60 years ago!:o 

Archived