TE Washington Ends at Everett? Is this an issue?

kludger

Hi, could you please confirm how far north TE Washington is supposed to cover?

According to the announcement thread map, I was expecting it would cover to the WA border, but I'm trying to fly out of KPAE which was one of my favorite airports and seeing the line where the default textures start at Everett, and trying to determine if this is as expected or if I have something wrong in my install or scenery.ini, see my screenshots below of flying over downtown Everett, thanks in advance for any help or confirmation.

Great job on TE WA by the way.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/171537-trueearth-us-washington-official-announcement/

washington.jpg

VSL Cabri-G2 - 2019-06-23 2.31.18 PM.jpg

VSL SF-25C - 2019-06-23 2.13.18 PM.jpg

I have the same problem.  Got a thread here as well.  This is the same area as AFL's KAWO area, so it's probably the culprit.  Only problem is, I've uninstalled KAWO and reinstalled TE WA twice and I still can't get that damn tile to do anything but stay default

4 minutes ago, deimos256 said:

I have the same problem.  Got a thread here as well.  This is the same area as AFL's KAWO area, so it's probably the culprit.  Only problem is, I've uninstalled KAWO and reinstalled TE WA twice and I still can't get that damn tile to do anything but stay default

I don't have the AFL KAWO scenery, so I guess we can eliminate it as the problem..

5 minutes ago, deimos256 said:

I was looking around the TE US install folders and found a couple of files that look out of place and also share coordinates in the area of the issue.  Users with working installs, do you also have these files present? 

orbx2.png

Yep, they're normal

Hello,

in both FSX and P3D, the best way to find conflicting scenery is remove everything

except the default items and Orbx product and first, see if it works.

By creating a Custom Scenery(2) folder and moving products into it, the

sane approach can be made to solving problems with X Plane 11.

This will establish if the installation is correct and give a starting point.

Products can then be added back, or added to the scenery_packs.ini file and tested

until the problem is isolated or solved by changing the order.

There is no effective shortcut and without a methodical approach, finding the

problem is just guesswork.

What I do with conflicting scenery is move them up to the top of the list, and slowly work them down the list, reloading each time.

So take

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Washington_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/

And move them to the top.. $10 your problem is solved.  Then move them down the list a few lines at a time and reload after each. Eventually you'll find your problem spot..   SceneryPacks is easily the biggest headache when running X-Plane there is sometimes just no rhyme or reason to it but.. It's what we have currently so.. You gotta play the hand you're delt.

Here is mine for instance.

scenery_packs.ini

10 hours ago, deimos256 said:

that hadn't occurred to me since xorganizer didn't have it listed for Washington.

That's why it is always a good idea to learn about X-Plane's scenery system and to manually check scenery_packs.ini after tools attempted to assist with that file... :D

Thanks for the great help and detective work!

Glad we get the great TE Wa coverage north of Everett otherwise a couple of my favorite airports wouldn't be getting the visits they deserve.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived