True Earth Washington XP11 - install size?

PeterPanPan

Great news to see this is now released for XP11 but can anyone tell me what the total install size is please? I don't mean the download size (which is stated to be 38.64 GB) but the size once uncompressed and fully installed.

Thanks

PPanPan

I bought around 3:30 this morning, and I'm just about half over in the converting stage, four hours later.....  There is over 19,000 files that need to be converted....can't wait....wow...

This the most MASSIVE scenery package that I have ever installed upon my system....worth 69.00 AUS?   Like no kidding!   Can't wait...c'mon system...hurry up!

PNW

17 minutes ago, PNW User said:

I bought around 3:30 this morning, and I'm just about half over in the converting stage, four hours later.....  There is over 19,000 files that need to be converted....can't wait....wow...

This the most MASSIVE scenery package that I have ever installed upon my system....worth 69.00 AUS?   Like no kidding!   Can't wait...c'mon system...hurry up!

PNW

Patient Grasshopper , it is worth the wait my friend . :D:)

John

I just bought it at 6am PNW time downloading 38gigs now will take over an hour according to it. I should have enough room, sure that I do but another poster mentioned waiting until FTX 4 came out so it could be installed to other drives.  I'll be updating/adding a new drive soon anyway but it made me wonder if I should of downloaded it manually, probably wont make any diference sence it will still install on my C drive.  I have a 4tb portable drive hooked up to my PC as well.

I'm really excited to see this is out now! Xing fingers it wont top off my 1tb internal drive, i have plenty i can move to external drive though.  Happy flying!

28 minutes ago, McCloud9 said:

I just bought it at 6am PNW time downloading 38gigs now will take over an hour according to it. I should have enough room, sure that I do but another poster mentioned waiting until FTX 4 came out so it could be installed to other drives.  I'll be updating/adding a new drive soon anyway but it made me wonder if I should of downloaded it manually, probably wont make any diference sence it will still install on my C drive.  I have a 4tb portable drive hooked up to my PC as well.

I'm really excited to see this is out now! Xing fingers it wont top off my 1tb internal drive, i have plenty i can move to external drive though.  Happy flying!

Well, first there is the download time off of the ORBX server. Then, the next phase, within Central 3.x.x.x is the Install Routine. Then, following that...the Converting Routine.  I made the mistake of closing Central at 60 percent Converting.  I am now back at around 55-60 percent of the Converting process.  I have such high, about-to-be-stunned, expectations, as I sit here and watch the Converting bar go (in my view, lol...agonizingly, slow...lol)  You know...the watched pot NEVER boils...  that's me right now...sipping coffee and tapping my fingers....

32 minutes ago, McCloud9 said:

I am so glad that a year ago, I put XP11.x on a stand alone 6 TB drive!!!!!   That was before any of the TE series came out. I have all of England...and now soon, TEW...and happily, have gobs more TB's to be gobbled up by future ORBX TE's....hey ORBX...bring 'em on....bring 'em on....I dare ya!  :)

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

around 207 GB

Pardon me for being so dumb, but how can a 37GB download equate to a 207GB install (for just one state). If this is really the case I think there is a problem here......................

1 hour ago, W2DR said:

Pardon me for being so dumb, but how can a 37GB download equate to a 207GB install (for just one state). If this is really the case I think there is a problem here......................

WOW...first discovery flight out of KORS...****ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!****  After my full scenery load in...my FPS stabilized to 27-30 FPS!  No FPS impact at all, if compared to running TE England...no hit!   It takes about three minutes for your FPS to stabilize and climb to the highest value...fantastic!

I have to tell ya...this is the most believable RL scenery I have EVER seen put out on my computer screen...H.S.!

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-31-06.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-31-26.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-33-33.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-34-08.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-34-27.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-34-46.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-34-57.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-35-17.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-36-00.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-36-53.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-11-38-36.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-10-51.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-11-10.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-13-32.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-23-55.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-24-31.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-24-42.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-24-45.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-24-50.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-25-07.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-25-23.png

Folks...after Central says that TEW has been installed...go immediately to your SCENERY PACK file...and make sure that no Ortho4XP files have been posted to the very top.  The install did exactly that...after XP ran for the first time.

So...run XP...at the load in screen, drop out of XP.  Go to your Scenery Pack ini file...move what you have to, back to the way it was before the TEW install, and then fire up XP...and hang on...for the RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!    Try KORS...just drop dead gorgeous around the islands...especially with UWXP for weather, and Xvision running in tandem!

Post Edit,  After I ran XP (post TEW install) for the very first time...and I kicked out of it...I found all my Ortho4XP files at the very top...that is a NO NO...put them back  down where they belonged...you know...cut and paste...and then flew my inaugural KORS flight...I'm on pause right now...and am going to head East for a sight see at 3,500 feet...OMG...but it is all gorgeous!   RUN to get this scenery pack...run!

TEW main folder...205 GB's installed...with a couple more folders, of around 1.2 GB's here and there.  So, proably a full install of around under 207 GB's roughly...

PNW

Just now, BradB said:

Worth the wait I see mate , just think when we have Oregon up and running in a few months . :):rollmyeyes::D

Cheers

John

Just posted a few more...I could totally clear out all RW live weather...to show more ground clarity...but hey...that ain't the RW!   UWXP doing a great job...just heading east from the coast right now...climbing to around 12,000 to skirt over the mountains towards the interior....wow..wow...wow....

Just now, Paulvanharte said:

I started downloading last night. This morning the download stopped with only 1 gb left. I assume servers are overloaded??  The option to pause download is not there either

Hang in there...what ever possible frustrations you might face...is IS SO WORTH THE EFFORT!

Here's some 50 miles in from the coast...as I head north in UWXP real feed weather....the mountains...are incredible...

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-25-07.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-25-23.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-29-36.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-29-50.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-30-17.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-30-31.png

Cirrus-SF50-2019-06-22-12-30-57.png

1 minute ago, Paulvanharte said:

Very nice.  I hope its just a server issue.  Not sure where to post my questionn

I was lucky enough this morning to be reading some newspapers online, at 3:30 am, and was just about to shut down the computer and go to bed...when I heard a plunk from my mail server...and it was stating that TEW had gone live...  I LITERALLY ran for my wallet in the bedroom, and started my download 5 minutes later.  I was lucky to get in at the first post...

4 hours ago, PNW User said:

I am so glad that a year ago, I put XP11.x on a stand alone 6 TB drive!!!!!   That was before any of the TE series came out. I have all of England...and now soon, TEW...and happily, have gobs more TB's to be gobbled up by future ORBX TE's....hey ORBX...bring 'em on....bring 'em on....I dare ya!  :)

I can see that's a good way to go! As soon as Oregon is out I'll be buying that too.  Hopefully I can get everything on a dedicated drive.

Unfortunately,  i hot my XP via Steam before i knew any better...

Happy flying! Couple more hours before I can get home to see if mine finished the install.

On 6/22/2019 at 8:49 AM, PNW User said:

I wish someone put up a post here somewhere on how to effectively manage large scenery files like this for X-Plane, for future-proofing.

Can X-Plane be on a separate, dedicated SSD, and all addons (scenery, aircraft etc.) be on another, different, dedicated drive (SSD vsHDD?), will external drive work for addons ? I've never had X-Plane, and currently am planning my next comp system build (was thinking P3D, ... but XP is fast peaking my interest - so may go for XP now). Bottom line, I don't want to run out of space in couple months, and want to somehow be able to easily expand storage for addons without a total sim re-install on a new, bigger drive few months down the road. 

Hello,

managing large folders is no different to managing smaller ones, it just needs more disk space.

The simplest way is to increase the available disk space and a computer build is the ideal time to do this.

The use of shortcuts, symbolic links and indeed external drives is just a way of compensating for inadequate

internal disk space and can easily be avoided in a new build.

The only disadvantage of using HDDs for FSX, P3D and X Plane 11 is an increased initial loading time over an SSD.

Once in the game, the difference is negligeable.

On 6/24/2019 at 3:32 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

managing large folders is no different to managing smaller ones, it just needs more disk space.

The simplest way is to increase the available disk space and a computer build is the ideal time to do this.

The use of shortcuts, symbolic links and indeed external drives is just a way of compensating for inadequate

internal disk space and can easily be avoided in a new build.

The only disadvantage of using HDDs for FSX, P3D and X Plane 11 is an increased initial loading time over an SSD.

Once in the game, the difference is negligeable.

Thanks,  Nick.

I was beginning to wonder if putting an entire sim on a dedicated SSD was really of any great benefit. I would rather have more space (HDD), than spend the money on speed (SSD), if the only difference is a longer initial loading time (I can live with this).

I read somewhere that a sim will load up scenery into memory just before you fly over it ('on the fly') ... and stutters can result sometimes - I presume then these stutters have nothing to do with whether the scenery is on an HDD or SSD, but more on the speed of the CPU and GPU ?  

Archived