Haoppy Birthday forum

Let's try to keep a sense of perspective.

There is no need at all to read those or any other topics or posts that are of no interest

to a particular customer.

My suggestion would be to create your own Activity Stream, adding the forums that you

wish to view and a Read Status of "Unread".

I am sure that is what most of us who visit regularly do or should do.

Make sure that when the forum bookmark is created, it is to that activity stream.

When you have finished reading what you want to read, select "Mark site read".

The next time you visit, you will see only the unread topics and it really is very easy to

scroll past the Happy Birthday or any other topics that are of no interest to you, if they are

found to be so bothersome.

• Like 3

I find these happy Birthday threads hugely unfair, almost discriminatory. 

Look today Matteo Veneziani's was celebrated. OK fine !  But what about all the others :  Holy Cheese, PFS, PatrickN1990, Flyer024, dragosberzovan, jurgenm1947, JoHubb, Jasmckee, bobasbounties, BravoDelta , farinha, Eriksson40 ,Angelique, N3su, chestnuts and vuong ? Didn't they deserve to be celebrated too ?  There should be a thread for each and everyone of them. Everyday. I am sure you'll find somebody to do that (count me out) . That would be only 17 threads after all. 

Edited by dominique
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I do not care who has a birthday and it clutters up the board and has no relevance to flight simulation. How about we all start talking about when we have wedding anniversaries, our pets, or perhaps what we had for dinner. My kids sometimes like to send me pictures of what they are having for lunch. Should I post that in the screenshot forum? Sorry to be snarky, but this really creates user friction when one wants to look at flight sim related posts during a short break at work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow...so much love in this thread...no wonder the World is so mad all the time. Can no one ever have nice things to say on here lately? Has a Happy Birthday wish ever caused physical harm to any of you? Geez, angry grumpy old men around here lately.....

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Wow...so much love in this thread...no wonder the World is so mad all the time. Can no one ever have nice things to say on here lately? Has a Happy Birthday wish ever caused physical harm to any of you? Geez, angry grumpy old men around here lately.....

No Sniper, not grumpy at all. At least not myself. :D

I just think, if you have a buddy here on the forum whom you would like to congratulate to his/her birthday, a PM will do it. That's much more personal than doing it in public. IMO the many, many birthday posts which appear here in the forum lately even debase the value of a birthday wish. It is nothing special any more.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mike707 said:

Personally, I do not care who has a birthday and it clutters up the board and has no relevance to flight simulation. How about we all start talking about when we have wedding anniversaries, our pets, or perhaps what we had for dinner. My kids sometimes like to send me pictures of what they are having for lunch. Should I post that in the screenshot forum? Sorry to be snarky, but this really creates user friction when one wants to look at flight sim related posts during a short break at work.

Hello,

this is the last straw.:(

Here is a compromise.

I have moved the most recent birthday wishes to the Neil Hill Memorial Lounge.

I would also ask that all future birthday greetings are posted there.

Those of you who do not wish to see them, please remove the Neil Hill Memorial Lounge

from your Activity Stream.

Judging by the nature of some of your comments, there is nothing for some of you there in any case.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2