Stoney Broke?

VH-KDK

Nah, not happy so I am Stoney Cross!:lol::lol::lol:

1.LWtoQmP.jpg

I was testing out my new install of XP-11 and flew out of Southampton and followed the road from Totton to Cadnam and then picked up the A31 on the way to Bournemouth. Roads that I travelled on regularly in the 60s to the early 80s. Anyway I came across Stoney Cross Airfield that was operational between 1942 to 1948.

It was used by the RAF and USAAF with them having P-38s and then B-26 Marauders based there.  

2.0LgIVMQ.jpg

The B-26s moved over to France in September '44 and the airfield was closed in January 1948. The runways were broken up in the early 60s one of the reasons was to stop people learning to drive there! The hardcore also came in useful for construction. The water tower was the final structure to be demolished in 2004. The outline of the airfields facilities are recognisable today.

4 minutes ago, CaptPickles said:

Wow.  That Photorealism.  Very impressive.

Thanks Captn P. 

Not one to blow their own trumpet but I think for a straight install, with none of the enhancements (because I am too dumb to understand how they work:wacko::blink::lol:!), it has come up pretty good!:)

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Captn P. 

Not one to blow their own trumpet but I think for a straight install, with none of the enhancements (because I am too dumb to understand how they work:wacko::blink::lol:!), it has come up pretty good!:)

Wow, that is XPlane 11 default graphics?

I feel your pain Martyn , every time I go to Spokane something has been torn down and replaced with new structures . Tweaking XP also will make your pocketbook lighter also with all the plugins . :(:wacko::angry::D

Cheers

John

5 hours ago, BradB said:

I feel your pain Martyn , every time I go to Spokane something has been torn down and replaced with new structures . Tweaking XP also will make your pocketbook lighter also with all the plugins . :(:wacko::angry::D

Cheers

John

It is called progress John. ;)

Progressively trying to empty my wallet!:lol:

3 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Thanks for the History lesson Martyn!!!!!!!!  It is nice that you can still see the old airfield.

Thank you John. I drove past it so many times years ago without even realising it was there!:o

Archived