EGLC London City Airport Officially Announced for X-Plane 11!

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

It’s In final beta testing now, just tidying up some last minute buy]gs the testing team have found.

Thanks for the heads up, glad to know it is on short final :)

1 hour ago, davenicoll said:

Don't forget guys, as far as I am aware EGLC is certified for a 5 degree glideslope.

The glideslope at EGLC is even steeper -> 5.5° vs 3° for standard ILS

One interesting fact is that BA operates a daily service from EGLC to New York JFK with an... Airbus A318 Elite

This aircraft is the biggest type to be been at London City airport (the runway being less than 2000m long) but is certified for steep approaches with glide slopes of 5.5° ;)

Actually I did a flight report of BA002 (KJFK to EGLC) last year for those interested -> https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/158088-flight-report-new-york-to-london-city-with-ba002/?tab=comments#comment-1392833

There is no A318 for XP11 so maybe I can try it with the A319 Toliss or the A320 FF :ph34r: :rolleyes: :D

On 6/17/2019 at 8:41 PM, John Venema said:

We have never stated that we intend to release airports for all three platforms at the same time. Please don't misquote me, and if you make statements like that, please back them up with quotes from Orbx staff.

What I have said previously, is that we are working hard towards near-concurrent releases of airports for P3D and XP11, but that we are not there yet - and it may be some months before we achieve it. Even if we were to achieve it, logistically there will always be a gap between platforms because making installer builds for different sims means there may be a delay between one and the other, which is just logistics really.

Pleased to see you clarified this point because previous comments like “As we begin to hire more staff to cope with the demands of multi-platform development, you'll begin to see the gaps between platform releases come closer together until we will almost have concurrent releases” may have left incorrect/inaccurate assumptions by some.  Cheers, and thanks for an impressive development program.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not interested in the TE GB series, but the airports are interesting. I was wondering how the airports look in XP11 without TE. Is there somebody who tried that? Could somebody post a few screenshots of that?

Archived