In my last post I arrived in Munich and asked where my next flight might be going. Martyn guessed "Andorra", and today we will see if he was right.

Here we get ready with the plane & airline of choice. Flight number is SQ327 for those who want to spoil.

afa4CS1.jpg

Let´s go!

AbswWK2.jpg

Munich city...

W9ppkSh.jpg

... and the airport, seen from a southern fly-by.

SJHZ5J7.jpg

The Chiemsee with the alps in the background.

mjYaAlM.jpg

Today we even use the center tanks.

SCjYCpw.jpg

Slightly later, passing the Crimea.

qD1Sjn4.jpg

Mt. Elbrus in the left back of the picture. Nowadays it is considered to be Europe´s highest mountain.

IwVPOK1.jpg

The rest of the flight was basically pitch black night. With the usual thunderstorms over northern India, of course. Here we already approach our destination for today, 40 minutes ahead of schedule.

Runway 20R

2JmFuFs.jpg

ZCSQW51.jpg

Deboarding in the home city of the airline, to get some rest before we travel on...

cURAdv8.jpg

How interesting. I landed in WSSS with BA11 with date june 5th, on the same runway. Singapore seems to be the most thunderstorm infested area of the planet. Never had I to fly through such a "shit" before on descent.

I'll take B16 now to get back there from YSSY, btw!

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Great shots and flight Gerold!!!!!!!!  Leaving Munich and going to Singapore???????

Corrrect, John. On my way to... easy to guess.

46 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

How interesting. I landed in WSSS with BA11 with date june 5th, on the same runway. Singapore seems to be the most thunderstorm infested area of the planet. Never had I to fly through such a "shit" before on descent.

Well, Lars, this seems to be the consequence of the inner tropical convergence zone. Every day around 3 pm it should be raining there. You want real life photos of a Singapore approach?

18 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Well, Lars, this seems to be the consequence of the inner tropical convergence zone. Every day around 3 pm it should be raining there. You want real life photos of a Singapore approach?

Yes, we all want photos of a real Singapore approach!

I never realised that Andorra Airport was so big Gerold.:wacko:

A wonderful flight on the World's best airline!:)

I always thought that Mont Blanc was the highest peak in Europe and this was a question that I got wrong in Hot Seat last week.:huh:

I don't think I had heard of Elbrus before but I certainly have now!:D

17 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Yes, we all want photos of a real Singapore approach!

Your wish is my order... just two not to make it too extensive:

wjT4tC6.jpg

v3XNp19.jpg

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was an excellent long flight Gerold.  15 pages of waypoints, I love it!

Thanks Jack. It was even longer before the start, this picture was already taken over Romania.

15 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I almost skipped over this. I never saw the Crimea so far! Great. I'll have to do a No-Fly-Zones-Hopping one day...

I tried to fly as close to the ideal route as possible without crossing Ukraine (including Crimea). BTW, to the other side window I could see Turkey at the same time.

12 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Very nice set of shots

John

Thank you John!

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Some great looking shots in that bunch Gerold! :)

Good to read you like them, Adam!

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I never realised that Andorra Airport was so big Gerold.:wacko:

You have not been flying there very often, me thinks :D.

A wonderful flight on the World's best airline!:)

No doubt it is. Though... maybe not when I am the pilot?!

I always thought that Mont Blanc was the highest peak in Europe and this was a question that I got wrong in Hot Seat last week.:huh:

I hope you did not loose a Million because of your outdated  statistic knowledge? When I was a kid Mt. Blanc was indeed called the highest peak in Europe, but sometime after tearing down the wall someone has claimed Elbrus for that. I don´t care, it is just a good waymark on the way to Asia...

19 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Your wish is my order... just two not to make it too extensive:

wjT4tC6.jpg

v3XNp19.jpg

I tried to fly as close to the ideal route as possible without crossing Ukraine (including Crimea). BTW, to the other side window I could see Turkey at the same time.

Wow, these clouds look a lot more detailed than mine... amazing the number of ships that's parked there off the shores. They modelled these in *beep*sim's WSSS. When I took a first look, I thought this was an error... but it wasn't! :D

Well, for me it's still Mont Blanc. It depends on where you put the border between Europe and Asia...

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Wow, these clouds look a lot more detailed than mine... amazing the number of ships that's parked there off the shores. They modelled these in *beep*sim's WSSS. When I took a first look, I thought this was an error... but it wasn't!

I could not IMAGINE this number of ships when I first came there virtually, too. But this photo shows just a few of the real ones...

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Well, for me it's still Mont Blanc. It depends on where you put the border between Europe and Asia...

+1 !!!

Wonderful flight, Gerold. But I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed that you didn't try Andorra (no idea though, whether they can handle a Triple 7). Andorra would be a first for both our most favourite airline :D 

23 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Wonderful flight, Gerold. But I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed that you didn't try Andorra (no idea though, whether they can handle a Triple 7). Andorra would be a first for both our most favourite airline :D 

And Andorra would totally fit into SQ´s route schedule!

Archived