AU2 and installed airports

pphibbs

Dear Support,

I purchased and installed the Australia V2 today (Rec: 5cfc5373d2078). I previously owned the earlier version, which I first uninstalled as suggested by FTX Central.

The install went as planned and I used the Vector tool to Autoconfigure any elevation data prior to running the simulator. I'm using FSX on Win10.

I noticed that Camden (YSCN) had changed from my pre-installed airfield to the one updated by AU2. Also, some other airports have been replaced by AU2. I noticed that If I moved YSCN in the scenery manager to the top of the priority list, I would get back my airport but there are objects from the airport placed there by AU2, e.g., two towers, one from each version of the airfield.

How should I proceed in correcting this and restoring other airfields that I wish to preserve? These are still listed in the scenery manager. I suspect scenery priority is part of the solution.

Note: I'm having the same issue in P3D but suspect the solution will be similar.

Regards, Paul

I dont have the package as yet so cant completely confirm this but I would assume You'll need to locate where ORBX have put all the airfields added to this v2  package, find the ICAO codes associated with airports you already have and turn the .bgl to .off this should fix any comparability issues

Thanks Nick,

I have previously read through the User Guide and followed the suggestions for installation of the product. I also looked for any recommendations for other products like Fly Tampa Sydney with I own and have disabled the landclass entry in the scenery library. However, this doesn't assist me with Camden airport, which I had developed by one of the Orbx team members (before he worked for Orbx). This airport was produced from many photos I took at the airport while I was getting my PPL, so I'm keen to retain it in the simulator.

I've also read the release anouncement, which also doesn't shed any light on my issue.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards, Paul

Thanks Nick,

Where do you search for Orbx bgl files? Is this part of the simulator interface, e.g., Scenery Library or the files in Windows folders? If it's the Windows files, how do you disable the files.

I checked the Scenery Library but the individual airports aren't listed.

Regards, Paul

Hello,

all the airport files are in \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\scenery.

Please make a search of this folder and disable any files for the ICAO in question.

You might also find files in scenery\world\scenery, they will be easily identifiable

by their file name starting with ADE_FTX_AUS_

You can disable the files by renaming them and adding .off after .bgl

Thanks Nick,

I located three files with YSCN in the name for Camden airfield, under Orbx\FTX_AU\FTX_AUv2_05_Scenery.

ADE_FTX_AUS_YSCN.blg

ADE_FTX_AUS_YSCN_CVX.blg

FTX_AUS_YSCN_objects.blg

I renamed them to ".old" files and also checked in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder but didn't find any YSCN files.

After FSX updated the scenery on restarting FSX, the new YSCN field appeared but without any buildings.

Is there something I missed?

Regards, Paul

Hi Nick,

Firstly, please mark this thread as ACTIVE. The solution isn't right yet. I'm not trying to install anything. I'm just trying to retain airports that existed prior to installing the new AU V2.

Objects.bgl sounds a bit drastic to me. I don't want to remove all Orbx objects from the sim.

Maybe, direct my query to someone that can assist.

Regards, Paul

Clearly you are not understanding what I am writing or I am not understanding what you are.

So far, I have understood that you installed Australia v2 and discovered that you then had

spurious buildings at your own personal version of YSCN.

I advised you, as Flukey also did, on that basis to remove the Australia v2 files for YSCN that were undoubtedly

adding those spurious buildings.

Apparently you did so but you now tell me that you are seeing an airport with no buildings.

On that basis, I now ask you if your own personal version of YSCN is still installed and active?

It should be above all your Orbx scenery library entries and its scenery library entry must be ticked.

If you do both these things, having disabled the Australia v2 version, you will again see your own

personal version and without the spurious buildings added by the Australia v2 version.

Following on from Nick's advice, can I suggest the following.

Deactivate the files,

ADE_FTX_AUS_YSCN.blg

FTX_AUS_YSCN_objects.blg

within ORBX\FTX_AU\FTX_AUv2_05_Scenery with either .OFF or .OLD.

but leave the file ADE_FTX_AUS_YSCN_CVX.blg active. This will adjust the airport terrain to fit the new AUv2 mesh.

Deactivate the files,

ah_YSCN_CVX1.bgl

ah_YSCN_CVX2.bgl

within OZx\OZx_AUS\Scenery. These were designed for the old AUv1, Holgermesh terrain.

Make sure the OZx folders sit above your ORBX entries in your FSX Scenery Library.

All should then be fine with YSCN, Camden, one of my favourites as well.

I'm sure the OZx guys will have a more permanent solution in due course but this should work in the meantime.

Thanks Graham. This is the final successful solution. I moved the airports after deactivating the mentioned blg files to just below the Orbx library, which is first in my scenery list.

I've now resurrected a few small airfields along with Fly Tampa's Sydney airport.

Feeling much better now.

Thanks to all who provided input into this issue. This issue can now be closed.

Regards, Paul

Archived