Vector config tool - cannot select sim

The drop down box in Vector Configuration Tool is greyed out. I cannot select a sim in order to be able to click on the Run Auto-Configuration button.
I can manually enable or disable AEC, but I would like to be able to do this automatically.

As extra info (which may or may not be useful), whenever I run Central 3, I am offered P3D v1 and P3D v4 as choices in the select Sim window at start-up. I have only ever owned and installed P3Dv4.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

rJZY0Cp.jpg

10 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Is your simulator installed to the root of the drive or in a folder structure?

Root. Though this wasn't a problem before, I have been able to run auto config many times previously.

11 hours ago, F737NG said:

whenever I run Central 3, I am offered P3D v1 and P3D v4 as choices in the select Sim window at start-up.

Hello,

it is probable that your windows registry is corrupt and that the Vector control panel is looking  for P3D v1

and not finding it. In that case, the window will indeed remain blank.

The auto-configuration function does work if P3D is installed to the root of the drive but it never finishes, as

evidenced by numerous complaints when customers have done this.

I think that installing anything without its own root folder is an unneccessary risk.

How are you starting the Vector config tool?

Double-clicking on ..\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe? Or from a shortcut on your desk?

I do have that type of problem when starting the tool directly, but when starting FTX Central, then selecting Settings, scrolling down to Tools, and selecting Configure FTX Global Vector, the tool knows where my P3D is installed...

Mystery...

Hope it helps

8 hours ago, PhilK said:

How are you starting the Vector config tool?

Double-clicking on ..\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe? Or from a shortcut on your desk?

I do have that type of problem when starting the tool directly, but when starting FTX Central, then selecting Settings, scrolling down to Tools, and selecting Configure FTX Global Vector, the tool knows where my P3D is installed...

Mystery...

Hope it helps

Well, whaddaya know?
Accessing Vector config through Central 3 is the solution.
Thanks very much!

Archived