For your agenda: 70 years of the Berlin Airlift events

Stillwater

The weather in Germany during the airlift was unpredictable  at times .

For those interested in re enacting airlift flights the following video of the recently created

GCA arrangement in zero visibility might be of interest.

I created the Synthetic ILS instrument  ( lower right hand ) that was utilised by another developer in the

creation of the GCA  instrument , I think that what he has achieved is rather wonderful .

Turn the volume up .

Cheers

Karol

PS

Description of my Synthetic ILS instrument follows :

"  Instrument enables selection of any of the 24,491 Airports that exist in Flt Sim database , then selection of any
Runway at that Airport, then selection of either Rwy end.
  Airports can be selected at any global distance from aircraft. Distance Bearing and Steering arrow are displayed,the ILS
aimpoint is computed at 6% of relevant Runway length and the ILS is full precision with usual ILS Deviation bars text data
includes current, Glideslope, Height above Runway, Distance  to touchdown aimpoint, offset (Circuit Width)from Runway 
centerline,full Airport name and details , enables precise rectangular standard circuits to be flown , also enables an
Intercept position to be set at any desired distance prior to ILS aimpoint to easily align aircraft with the Runway.
  Also includes MARK POSITION capture of any location on earth and generation of a Synthetic Runway, ie. a paddock,a beach,
a river, lake, sea, hardened rooftop or bridge, and  subsequent ILS approach at that location. the default ILS
Glideslope is the usual 3.00 degrees but any angle can be set. Can be used in any aircraft, Helicopter, cropduster, float
plane, or fire fighting aircraft. 16 page notes PDF, an Airports ICAO PDF, and several descriptive screenshots. "

Archived