Global Earth for x-plane

Hi

I have read on these forums that Orbx are looking to release Global Earth for x-plane at some point.

Orbx Global for XP11

R&D work has begun on providing a global replacement texture solution for X-Plane11. We are still at the experimental stage and looking at different approaches on how to solve the technical implementation. We are aiming for a release sometime in 2019.

It will be great if the do, however last week on youtube I watched a video called Global Earth for X-Plane 11/First Look by Q8Pilot.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement, it was a poor rendition of the Global Earth that I have for P3D and I felt that Orbx had a long way to go if this is a First Look.

On looking further into the product I found that it was made by a company named  SFD and called SFD Global but by the time it appeared in the X-Plane.org store it had changed its name to Global Earth.

I felt that I should bring this obvious conflict of names to the attention of this forum in case anyone who purchases this product thinks that it is made by Orbx.

Kind regards

Ian S

2019-05-15.png

Hello Ian, thanks.

we can put right mistakes made by customers who come to Orbx Direct and

unintentionally buy the wrong product.

However, we can do little about a customer who goes to another site and buys

a product with a different name and by a different developer from a source that

does not sell Orbx products.

There is a mistake in you first post. Global Earth is not made by SFD.

The product "Global Earth" is made by a company called "Resentium" which is fairly unknown.

SFD on the other hand has a good reputation (e.g. EDDM) and did not release their product yet. They also try to develop a Texture replacement product but with custom autogen for various regions which looks promising.

I hope ORBX will reveal some previews soon as i have a feeling that it will be at least on par or superior to the SFD version.

3 hours ago, Morlun said:

There is a mistake in you first post. Global Earth is not made by SFD.

The product "Global Earth" is made by a company called "Resentium" which is fairly unknown.

SFD on the other hand has a good reputation (e.g. EDDM) and did not release their product yet. They also try to develop a Texture replacement product but with custom autogen for various regions which looks promising.

I hope ORBX will reveal some previews soon as i have a feeling that it will be at least on par or superior to the SFD version.

Hi

Sorry if I have but I got my information from attached facebook page

Kind regards

Ian S1683135262_2019-05-15(1).thumb.png.a946d8acc0366d64bf91dd803a9a584f.png

This product has a somewhat turbulent history. It was initially released under a different name for $89.95 with very little fanfare or promotional material, and a day later was dropped to half the price (and some people did buy it at full price). It has now changed its name so it seems, but it's essentially the same product. From what I can tell and from reading comments from people who have purchased it, it replaces a few default textures, makes forest's denser and modifies the default LR autogen to have modified colours, it does not modify the mesh, add new autogen types or make the autogen more accurate. 

On 5/15/2019 at 9:35 PM, tonywob said:

This product has a somewhat turbulent history. It was initially released under a different name for $89.95 with very little fanfare or promotional material, and a day later was dropped to half the price (and some people did buy it at full price). It has now changed its name so it seems, but it's essentially the same product. From what I can tell and from reading comments from people who have purchased it, it replaces a few default textures, makes forest's denser and modifies the default LR autogen to have modified colours, it does not modify the mesh, add new autogen types or make the autogen more accurate. 

I'll wait for Orbx product.

Kind regards

Ian S

Archived