announcement TrueEarth US Washington for XP11 - SNEAK PEEK VIDEO!

Truly awe inspiring for us simmers. Regarding size of file etc I have a site which can give us UK flyers an area-wise comparison of US states versus UK (square mileage).

The whole of Washington for example is 0.75 the size of UK, so the file size could possibly be about the same as TEGB (3 volumes).Considering that Oregon forms part of the PNW then it is 1.04 times the size of UK. Should Orbx move on to California then we are looking at 1.74 times TEGB. I am obviously unsure regarding actual file size because the terrains are different and there may be a huge difference in the number of Objects/Autogen that would influence file size, but at least there is a "guide" available

Time to start HDD/SSD planning:)

Here is the site for area comparisons of UK versus US States:

http://www.lostinthepond.com/2014/02/11-us-states-that-are-larger-than-uk.html#.XLggquhKguU

Wonderful! I've been spending a lot of time in the XP/ortho world in the US and have been amazed at how well that can work out, and I had been wondering whether or not I'd even need/want to go to TrueEarth for these areas. Should have guessed you guys would do the biz! Someone else here mentioned the un-spellable Seattle addons and how they'd play with this - looks to me like they won't be necessary - this looks even better than them anyway.

Truly impressive. Thank you!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisdkramer said:

Does this mean the relevant airports will be ported over for this release as well?

Yes, all the airports will be ported. Some will be ready for release

7 hours ago, NDRustyfan said:

Looks great, how well will this play with Drzewiecki Seattle City XP and Seattle Airports XP? I have both.

Well, it won't work with the Seattle City scenery because we both cover the same area, so you can't have both enabled at the same time. You could put Seattle City XP on top of Washington TE and it would block out our cityscape, POIs etc, and wouldn't be recommended (of course we'd rather you use our city which is made to fit in with the terrain). However, for the airports, I understand they have a custom mesh, so I've bought a copy to test and work on this. You won't be able to use their custom mesh as it will completely block out the entire area including Seattle city centre, but the airports should work fine (and hopefully DD will patch any issues their side as well)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

Well, it won't work with the Seattle City scenery because we both cover the same area, so you can't have both enabled at the same time. You could put Seattle City XP on top of Washington TE and it would block out our cityscape, POIs etc, and wouldn't be recommended (of course we'd rather you use our city which is made to fit in with the terrain). However, for the airports, I understand they have a custom mesh, so I've bought a copy to test and work on this. You won't be able to use their custom mesh as it will completely block out the entire area including Seattle city centre, but the airports should work fine (and hopefully DD will patch any issues their side as well)

Thanks Tonywob that’s great to hear and would probably put a lot of minds to rest that already have those Airports. Derek.

EPIC. And as I already thought after visiting TE Netherlands: a region with some mountains and forests, lakes and rivers, fjords and coasts is way more scenic and equally profiting from TE as the flat test region Netherlands. Now I go on with dreaming of a TE Switzerland... ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

Well, this looks like my entry into the X-Plane world.  Was trying so hard to hold out, that's over with now.  It looks jaw-droppingly amazing.

I understand you. One can't resist to the realism, but I'm still holding as flying the plane is not as easy as in P3D. Actually that plus the fortune spent on P3D is what keeps me glued to P3D

But being PNW your region you'll fall into this product as in a toboggan :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh my God!  I thought I wanted this in the P3d version first just because of my military aircraft collection and my existing ORBX airports.  However the road network and Lighting of X-Plane 11 look spectacular!  I can't wait to see what the full coverage area is.  Will this region include Portland/Vancouver?  

-Preston

3 hours ago, Woogey said:

Oh my God!  I thought I wanted this in the P3d version first just because of my military aircraft collection and my existing ORBX airports.  However the road network and Lighting of X-Plane 11 look spectacular!  I can't wait to see what the full coverage area is.  Will this region include Portland/Vancouver?  

-Preston

Nope. Portland / Vancouver will be in the Oregon region which is next up after Washington. See the POI forum for a coverage map and a slightly out of date POI list for that region. 

What the hell are you doing to us John?  Here am I extremely happy with TE UK for X Plane 11 and then you come along with this video that has literally blown me out of my chair!!

Absolutely brilliant, no other words for it and just imagine flying VR in it.  Flight simming just seems to get better.

Regards

Nigel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

Bottom part of Vancouver Island is included as well as Cityscape Victoria.

XP11’s 1-degree grid boundary system forces us to make hard choices. The Canadian ortho imagery cost us a fortune just for that area alone.

Orbx will be compensated, as this will be a champion sales area.;)

On 4/18/2019 at 1:50 AM, tonywob said:

Thank You so much for the reply on this question, I'm more worried about the DD Seattle Airports that DD Seattle City.

Gimme AI, gimme all aircraft used in FSX/P3D possible to fly in XP11 as well and I swear I'll defect!!!! Otherwise: No. Hopefully that great stuff will arrive near future also for P3Dv...what...6?

It's worth waiting for...

• Upvote 1

When Orbx came to the USA with its release of PNW for FSX, I feel the team really opened up to many simmers who had never heard of or owned Orbx. I feel a repeat of the same kind of impact is about to happen with not only the Washington release but all the smaller addon fields that are in the area. The bigger difference I hope that happens this time around is instead of Orbx opens the eyes of the users, it opens the eyes of other developers to have more reason to develop for Xplane as the user base continues to grow. I'm looking at you A2A!

End of the day, I'm going to have to rebuy these fields for a new platform (not complaining, love the discount) and also manage storage space. Since a lot of the airports for the PNW are non-towered in RL as well as in PilotEdge, I'm holding out for AFS2 Washington and hopes all the addon airports will be available to them as well. To enjoy true VFR navigation using ground references with the best VR and frame rates one can enjoy and go full bush with no comms.

Nor-Cal and So-Cal TE on the other hand, I will be buying for Xplane as many of the airports for that are PilotEdge tower controlled and I dont have to worry about seasonal textures as much.

The best thing of all of Orbx products and the new 64 bit sims is that they wont be going out of sytle for years and years. So I can enjoy my investments and if I get a new system with bigger storage or add more storage later, I can switch out my PNW for Wash, Or down the road and then all those smaller airports are in a way new and improved too as the approach into them is that much better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taph said:

Absolutely stunning, you just might have persuaded me to move to XP 11

Taph you won’t regret it, mean you can have the best of both worlds. I have not long started with Xplane, infact it was the tail end of Xplane 10 and oh boy it was quite hard just getting the controls setup but now with 11 it’s so easy. Plus it loads quicker than P3D which is a bonus. Derek.

• Ben McClintock changed the title to TrueEarth US Washington for XP11 - SNEAK PEEK VIDEO!
  • Aimee Sanjari unpinned and unfeatured this topic