Having EVERY ORBX scenery ever released.

12 minutes ago, J van E said:

I didn't (mean to) say I only fly over TE scenery because that would be quite limiting indeed (at this moment). As others have posted already AFS2 only uses photoreal scenery, no landclass at all, and the default sim contains a large part of the Western US plus Switzerland and South Florida as payware DLC from IPACS (not Orbx!). Now those default area's and DLC don't even come close to TE Netherlands imho but it's good enough to fly around every now and then. Imho is sure beats flying over landclass. ;)

What I did mean to say with "I will fly anywhere Orbx releases TE sceneries for" is that I do not really care what region Orbx releases as TE for AFS2: I will buy it and fly there.

I also have to add that I never cared about quantity and lots of options. Where others may need the entire world in a sim to prevent boredom (and tons of planes to stay entertained) I always preferred flying in a one region with one plane for months, if not years. I started flying in FTX PNW the day it was released (FSX/P3D) and didn't fly anywhere else until FTX Norway (P3D) had been released. (At that time photoreal wasn't what it is today.) And I flew in Norway until I started flying in AFS2 and became a fan of photoreal (done well). So all in all I spend YEARS in only two regions...!

Now the Netherlands is a bit too small, even for me, so currently I mix up my flights with other area's but whenever GB gets released for AFS2, and let alone Washington (if ever) I probably won't fly in any of the other default and DLC regions for quite some time. And I will do so with one or maybe two planes. I prefer to treat a plane as if it is my own and hence usually don't switch planes for months. Before ditching P3D I flew the Q400 for a full year without touching another plane. And in AFS2 I mainly flew the same Q400 (though far less simulated) until I recently switched it for the new Duchess 76 from Just Flight. I might mix up airliners with GA though, but my hangar would full enough with just 2 planes. 

I must say that your style of flightsimming is much different from mine.  I like to explore the world and fly lots of different aircraft.  I can see where the TrueEarth scenery and the limited areas that Aerofly currently offers would appeal to someone like yourself.  

Small, uber-detailed scenery areas just don't appeal to me, and from many comments I've come across both here and in other forums they don't appeal to many others as well.  Now, once those small areas accumulate and equal a continent then I'll be interested.  

I'm disappointed in the slow progress of the openLC sceneries and wish that ORBX would make a final push and just finish Africa and get Asia done within a year, but with the focus being clearly on the development of TrueEarth scenery I don't realistically expect that to happen.  So however much folks like me might complain, we're apparently in the minority as I don't believe that ORBX would place so much energy into TrueEarth if it weren't the best-selling thing they've produced.

We'll just have to be patient.  Good things come to those who wait so they say.

Dave

I use x plane 11 I have all but one.  I do not own Monument Valley.  It is just that it does not have a lot of water or mountains for me.  I might just to say I flew it and have them all for x plane 11

I have been buying Orbx software for a while, have all the global products, most of the land class and a selection of airfields. Still playing catch up on some. I buy for myself and for my brother for his computer so lots of duplicates, we are both using FSX but not yet bit the bullet and upgraded to  P3d or XP 11 

• 2 weeks later...

TE UK is so perfectly real that it’s a great flight training sim (for real life VFR navigation practise). Have purchased all the TE’s and airports for the UK and intend to buy more as and when released for x plane. 

Hi There,

I dont know if this post is relevant to this thread but I had to get my question in somewhere. I am new to Orbx. Lets say, joined yesterday and I love what this program does to my sim (XP11) but the only thing that is keeping me from making a purchase right now is the fact that I cant find much as far as Global base packs or OpenCL for XP11. Places such as US, Canada, Caribbean etc..are of interest to me and was wondering if Orbx was planning to develop TE scenery for these regions any time soon. I dont use any other flight sim other than XP11 so I have limited options as most of the global sceneries, airports etc.. are for FSX and P3D.

Does anyone have any answers as far as more availability and releases for XP11 in the near future ( I know about the Washington state release in June ;-) )

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Good afternoon

Can anybody tell me what do we do with all the older PRBIX products purchased CD and product number ??....I purchased the complete series of Australia or Oceanic products ...are we expected to buy them again ???.......I have spent well over $1000.00 plus on NSW airports - YSTW . YBBN, YSSY , etc and they simply will not download 

Any comments or suggestions I would be most grateful

Happy flying 

Aussieman

50 minutes ago, Peter Collier said:

Good afternoon

Can anybody tell me what do we do with all the older PRBIX products purchased CD and product number ??....I purchased the complete series of Australia or Oceanic products ...are we expected to buy them again ???.......I have spent well over $1000.00 plus on NSW airports - YSTW . YBBN, YSSY , etc and they simply will not download 

Happy flying 

Aussieman

I remember when I cross-graded my DVDs to virtual products I had to email a photo of the DVD-box. On the same pic also had to be an up to date newspaper in order to proof that I currently owned the product. I still have these pics stored on some HD. The product number or a purchase number (can't remember which) had also to be provided.

But this was quite some years ago.

37 minutes ago, Peter Collier said:

Good afternoon

Happy flying 

Aussieman

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

If you bought them from the FlightSim Store, then this is the topic you need.

If you bought them from another accredited supplier, then it's this one.

I have everything in the UK (exept Northern Ireland, as I hardly fly there and hardly see any differences in the pictures) including the TE regions. Why? Because it's a relatively "closed" region (closed by the surrounding water), and it has a significant amount of small airfields to fly between, at least in the south. Plus some airports by other developers in Scotland. And they are close enough to each other.

PNW, Alaska and Australia come close to it. But still, I've left out some airports there because the are oddballs pretty far away from the other ones or the location simply doesn't catch any of my attention... like Siletz Bay, Tyabb, Parry Sound, Horovice, Plum Island or Hobby Field.

Most of the time I fly airliners, but when I really fly low and slow from time to time, I don't like flying very far distances. That's why I love "complete" regions with both good visuals AND good airfields close to each other, like England and PNW. I wished there were more of those places with such a density. Some of them had potential to become like that by FTX or TE region, but hardly any airfields (that were sometimes talked about) were really done - such as in Germany, Ireland, Iceland, New Zealand, the Netherlands,...

BTW, I would fly in nearly every region with this scenery infrastructure, and I would even be fascinated by more - for me - exotic ones (Let it be Rwanda, Costa Rica, Namibia, Thailand or South Korea). But unfortunately so many people only fly where they live and the sceneries also have to follow the money.

Archived