in my element part 1 of 2

This flight is from zurich to trento italy and the mountains  where so beautiful and i flew near to Lichtenstein and this was with p3dv4.4 and envdir i hope you enjoy part 1 of 2 of my flight .

My life as a truck driver doing European work mainly Italy and Spain for 35 years it was a very hard life away for long periods at a time and just did not have any home life but i still managed to have children  2 girls and a boy  they are all grown up now .

well before i went on a trip i would go to the supermarket at home and do some shopping it would be mainly tins of food and coffee and long life milk and i would spend about £50 to £60 on food i would get more shopping than my wife did for when i went away i would not come home for 3 weeks i would go back and f award to Spain or Italy for 3 weeks just going England Italy back to deliver the goods in England and back to Italy or Spain i would have 3 trips like this until i was to go home and when i got home i would only have 2 days with my wife and i would be away again for 3 weeks again and then go home i did this for about 35 years and i loved it and i miss ot like hell .

as for when i went shopping i would cook all my food in the truck when i was away for i had a cooker with a grill and it run of gas and i would always be making tea or Coffey i have ever cooked roast spuds in my truck and chips took a wile in a sampan but i managed it i would go to supermarkets in France or Spain or Italy  and get meat to cook but some times i would eat out in restaurants but i just cold not do this all the time to expensive .

if when i was away and met over English lads at customs  when we where waiting to clear customs we would put our food together and have a cook up and any thing went in a saucepan we had some right concoctions i can tell you tins of meet backed beans and curry spaghetti spuds  it would all o in and we would eat it we cold just do this in the spring and the summer .

i had 2 of my own trucks on finance not at the same time  different times over a 5 year period and after that i went working for company's going to Spain and Italy .

below is my volvo F10 and i was pulling for this company and had to have there name and colour's painted on my truck  but the truck was mine and they supplied  the work to Italy i worked for them for 2 years  and then had my truck repainted and went back to running to Spain  and i was still 3 weeks away and 2 days at home did that for all my driving life and i loved it and miss it like hell .

sorry if i have gone on bit and i hope you like my post and m,y set of screen shots from my flight i will not be doing any flying from now because i am going to my ex partners tomorrow  for Easter and i only have my laptop there  i hope you have a good holiday over Easter regards EMM

ySFDe9r.jpg

1 my truck with my son we where in Switzerland and i was having a brake before going on to Italy

hxE7TfU.jpg

2 this truck is not mine i did not have any pictures of it but my second truck was just like this one but it had 2 lots  of  wheels at the back and 2 chrome stacks and a chrome bumper just wish i had taken pictures  of it never mind and i had that truck for 2 years .

and if i was to win the lottery i would buy another truck tomorrow a scania with a v8 engine  and go back to my trucking in Europe

mpQvowd.jpg

3 like this one i can dream can i now

1NBAaNJ.jpg

xa37NAa.jpg

cfU8Z51.jpg

u2WGFGS.jpg

iGinY2e.jpg

NNY1QpN.jpg

AXu2uxF.jpg

Y5UTP3A.jpg

o4R9aHI.jpg

ZyDfpfP.jpg

kInmDy0.jpg

DA2eg4g.jpg

dUCUDwX.jpg

RU65jeT.jpg

qH8Qzxt.jpg

rSX6cpM.jpg

XNm5KRe.jpg

VrIeqds.jpg

T6zxmrd.jpg

OsCWde2.jpg

p5nUqlO.jpg

21 i would not like to drive my truck on that road 

zPTnQ54.jpg

near Bormio italy

1 hour ago, Neptune6 said:

Love trucks i look at show from Montreal last week

Nice Pics Stewart and the Ford é bike on the snake'road  mountain

116111.jpg
117111.jpg
119111.jpg160111.jpg
164111.jpg
166111.jpg168110.jpg
169110.jpg

Patrick

Thanks Patrick i am pleased you liked my set of shots and my pictures and tanks for posting the trucks on they look super on my licence i can drive all of them once i was to have a medical again just miss my driving regards EMM

Interesting stuff EMM... sounds like eating on the road was quite an adventure in itself.  Love the shots and the piccies.... that switch-back road looks like great fun in the right vehicle; and I'd like to see you try to get a truck around it :lol: ....

1 minute ago, Mark Abdey said:

Interesting stuff EMM... sounds like eating on the road was quite an adventure in itself.  Love the shots and the piccies.... that switch-back road looks like great fun in the right vehicle; and I'd like to see you try to get a truck around it :lol: ....

Thanks Mark i am so pleased you liked my post and my set of shots and my photos as for eating on the road it was one way of saving money i did eat out some times but not much

and drunk plenty of beer and wine then not while i was driving .

that road look a bit bad i would not like to drive a truck up there i do think you would get up there and you would have to come down it  was Bad sometimes coming down mount blanc and in Spain pamplona mountain on the old road with hair pins going down it regards EMM 

What a wonderful post Stewart!

I enjoyed your road stories as much as the screenshots. And thank the other respondents for their "trucking " shots as well !

I had an uncle who was a long haul trucker. It seemed that everyone (myself included) always thought that the mark of a good roadside cafe was all the big trucks parked out side  

He said no - it was mainly that they could pull in and leave without backing up or turning. Food was secondary! Another childhood bubble burst!

Thanks - I enjoyed this immensely 

Cheers 

Renault 

Sweet Post Stewart. I'm glad that you shared that with us all. Interesting lifestyle, my brother drove Tandem for Wegman's Food & Pharmacy here in Rochester, New York and he misses it and the money. I enjoyed the set.  

10 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Great set of trucks

This is what I drove after I retired from flying

kFUkh4m.jpg

John

Thanks John some truck that is  and i would not like to drive that in Europe at that length and the weight to come down any mountain and a big thanks for your remarks on my post so we are fellow truckers retired regards EMM

7 hours ago, renault said:

What a wonderful post Stewart!

I enjoyed your road stories as much as the screenshots. And thank the other respondents for their "trucking " shots as well !

I had an uncle who was a long haul trucker. It seemed that everyone (myself included) always thought that the mark of a good roadside cafe was all the big trucks parked out side  

He said no - it was mainly that they could pull in and leave without backing up or turning. Food was secondary! Another childhood bubble burst!

Thanks - I enjoyed this immensely 

Cheers 

Renault 

Thanks Renault for you fantastic comments i am so pleased you liked my stories i have plenty i can tell and did you look at my mount blanc post for the other day videos on there coming down mount blanc i think you would like that my friend and i miss my driving so much i have been watching videos like what i posted on sat and Sunday and did not do any flying  untill Monday  regards EMM

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Superb set of shots Stewart! :)  I love the truck shots you and Patrick posted as well.

Thanks Adam i am so pleased you liked my post and i am so happy with your fantastic comment and we are certainly getting plenty of truck pictures that is some truck that  Musterpilot John drove and Patrick's shots as well regards EMM

5 hours ago, BradB said:

Well done post Stewart . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John i am so pleased you liked my post and my shots we are getting some good truck pictures now that was some truck that John drove in Australia  i am at my ex partners now no flying till next Tuesday but i will still come on the forum on my laptop regards EMM 

2 hours ago, M110A2 said:

Sweet Post Stewart. I'm glad that you shared that with us all. Interesting lifestyle, my brother drove Tandem for Wegman's Food & Pharmacy here in Rochester, New York and he misses it and the money. I enjoyed the set.  

A big thanks M110A2 for your fantastic comments on my post and shots and like my self your brother misses his driving it is in your Blood and i miss it like hell .

Did you see my post from the other day mount blanc there are truck videos of a driver coming down mount blanc on the second one a driver in front looses his brakes coming down the mountain  regards EMM

Archived