Installed PAKT not showing up

SRA

I just finished building a new computer to host my Sim habit.  Clean install Win10 Home.  I installed P3Dv3.4 and did a quick test flight at PAKT to make sure everything was happy using defaults.  Next I installed a portion of my ORBX lib collection to initially support my Alaska Bush addiction.  Global: Base, Vector, OLC NA, Trees.  NA : All Regions, some freeware, and PAKT.  When I start a flight at PAKT I get the default Airport.  I tried to uninstall/reinstall PAKT. Same.  I installed CZST and started a flight there.  Looks good.  Switched to PAKT in the same session... I get ORBX PAKT.  I shutdown and start in PAKT.... default airport.  I've tried many things since.... no luck except that if I start a flight in CZST and switch to PAKT I get ORBX.  If I start the flight in PAKT I get default.  Suggestions?

** I also have X-Plane 11 and P3Dv4 installed.  New  and mostly virgin.  I wanted to get v3 going first since that was my primary Sim on my old computer and I've been absent from sim'ing for a year or more.

Hi

First please apply the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

I didn't have any 3rd party stuff installed but I think I figured it out.  On the first flight to test P3D after the new install with just default P3D and no changes I saved my scenario at PAKT as the default.  Then after each change or 3rd party install I would start there and verify the change or at least make sure it didn't crash or make things worse.   I started with the default scenario in PAKT (showed default as usual), jumped to CZST (ORBX), jumped back to PAKT (ORBX version now).  Saved the scenario again as 'default'.  Exited.  Now if I load that scenario at PAKT I get the ORBX version like you would expect.  Something was in the saved scenario that was forcing it to default airport.... so strange.  

Archived