FPS loss at other regions with P3D 4.5?

hjmx

Most discussions about 4.5 FPS loss are about GEN/GES and TE regions. But, it seems that other regions are affected too from the P3Dv4.5 performance issues. When flying in PNW (A2A C172, Friday Harbor/Anacortes area) with all other FTX airports of this region being installed, I get quite low frame rates now. With 4.4. I had 27-30 fps with moderate-high settings now with even lower settings I can only achieve 18-21 fps.  Other areas like SAK/PAVD are not affected in such a strength, at least on my system.

For me it looks like that P3D(ORBX) handling of demanding areas/airports is corrupted.

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

I just flew out of Orbx PAJN  P3Dv4.5 default P3D F22 jet for a test.

Two monitors, windowed mode.

Unlimited FPS = 90 to 130 FPS

Locked 30 = 30

Locked 20 = 20

I normally use locked 20 for all my flights

Please, could you try the same at PNW/FTX airport?

Thinking about purchasing a PNW airport so I now tested two:

I went to 11S 

Unlimited = 125 to 150 FPS

Locked 30 =30

Locked 20=20

KFHR:

Unlimited = 47 to 55

Locked  30 =30

Locked  20=20

All ok for my usage.

Thanks. That's strange. I get only 21 fps (monitor refresh rate 30; Vsync, TB on ) at KFHR and I have a pretty good system. Maybe it is because of A2A C172 and all FTX airports (5+) in that area being active. So we cannot really compare.

Hello.

If a simulator is updated and the performance appears to have diminished, among the possible

causes is always that the simulator has gained features that it did not have before, causing the

PC to work harder.

It seems logical that questions about the simulator should be addressed to the developer of the simulator.

If the Orbx product is similarly updated then these forums will support any problems found.

Sorry, I did not want to blame ORBX. But the issue occurs mostly in FTX regions with high detailed scenry (FTX airports). I also reported to LM and hope that they can resolve the issue, which is bound to how scenery objects are addressed in the new built, imo.

I would say that this is a LM issue as I have rolled back to 4.4 and all is well , back to 35-80 fps with all city scenes etc installed as well as active sky and numerous airport add ons. If you look at LM forums you can start to see that this is something LM need to investigate . I'm sure the guys here at orbx are also investigating the 4.5 issues ..... I'm gonna wait until perhaps a patch comes out from LM before re-loading 4.5 

2 hours ago, asustech said:

I would say that this is a LM issue as I have rolled back to 4.4 and all is well , back to 35-80 fps with all city scenes etc installed as well as active sky and numerous airport add ons. If you look at LM forums you can start to see that this is something LM need to investigate . I'm sure the guys here at orbx are also investigating the 4.5 issues ..... I'm gonna wait until perhaps a patch comes out from LM before re-loading 4.5 

It terms of getting FPS back and "Rolling back" to 4.4 I installed the full 4.5 did you do a full re-install or just parts to roll back successfully with the fps return?

2 hours ago, asustech said:

As I said. I also reported to LM

Great news: LM seems to have a fix in work:  https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=133165&start=120  

4 hours ago, JamieBrooks said:

It terms of getting FPS back and "Rolling back" to 4.4 I installed the full 4.5 did you do a full re-install or just parts to roll back successfully with the fps return?

I did a complete new install , wiping away all history of 4.5 , now all.is as it should be 

Archived