P3D V4.5 Heavy performance impact with Orbx Germany South / North

I did some tests in the Barcelona aerea and some other heavy airports in south of Europe. For LEBL I have installed the Aerosoft Mega Airport Barcelona professional, and Orbx Barcelona Cityscene.
On global base the Orbx Base Pack, Vector, and OpenLC are installed. Simulator environment: 8700K, 5GHz, 16GB 3200, 1080TI, 3 data projectors. Active Sky was updated for P3D v4.5 compatibility.
P3D V4.5 Client only update. Test results even with the performance demanding Orbx Barcelona Cityscene were perfect. Nothing what I could complain.

Then I went to some German airports. Catastrophic results! Frankfurt (EDDF) with Aerosoft Professional runs only with 11fps. I did some investigations and unchecked the Orbx EU Germany South in the scenery library. Frame rate jumped back to 27fps!!!. Same in Hamburg (EDDH) with Orbx EU Germany North. Of cours with P3D V4.4 their was also a performance inpact with the Orbx EU Germany sceneries, but far away from those numbers.

Ruediger

Experiencing performance issues in v4.5 also. EDDF and EDDB are losing 40-50% frames. Don't have time to troubleshoot currently, so went back to v4.4 for the near term.

Bonus though, the object load time issues for the scenes like Orlando and Gold Coast were resolved in v4.5!! That's cool!!

Also got massive FPS losses with 4.5 and GES/GEN enabled. Using Aerosofts EDDF as a reference (because I fly there a lot) I usually get 27-30 fps there (with 4.4 and the FSL A320). Upgraded to 4.5 and its completely unflyable with 18-20 fps. I disabled all GES/GEN entries in the scenery library. I left Global, Vector and OpenLC Europe activated though. Now I am seeing 30-32 fps with the same P3D settings.

The same on my system e.g. I had an FPS drop of min. 30% if taking off from EDDH (with GEN installed) after changing to 4.5. Because the result was unflyable I reverted back to 4.4 and hope that somebody from ORBX would comment on this because it seems that a lot of people have the same issue......(also looking into other forums)....

I have a good rig, but even I noticed that heavy scenery like TE-UK seemed noticeable slower and stutters became apparent where there were none in 4.4.   (All other options the same) I tested all shadow options one by one, that didnt seem to show any particular problems up.  

Same here - approaching Dortmund with GEN/GES on gives me 14-17 fps in the FSL A320, after switching it off I get 28-30 fps. Aerosoft´s Approaching Dortmund active.

Same results at other German airports, too.

Waiting patiently for an update of GEN/GES...

4.5, at EDDH in the cockpit of A319 from FSLabs, 16 fps. Unchecked in the scenery menu all 4 checks of FTX Germany North and then 30fps and smoothness. 

So from my point of view is something related to FTX GEN and 4.5.

Of course a drop I had also before in 4.3 and in 4.4 with GES and GEN but fps was still in the 25-30 fps area, now it is not flyable.

Like others on this thread I'm struggling with fps. I'm running lower settings at places I used to have smooth flight in v4.4 but in 4.5 I'm getting at least 5 sometimes 10fps lower making it stutter and unflyable. I mean I know that's probably no help to you guys as it's not easy for you to reproduce. But it shouldn't be the case I was expecting at least the same if not better thanks to the terrain changes over at LM. And, I did a complete reinstall twice, so it's not an issue of installing only certain content, scenery, client parts etc. A bit dissapointing. I don't really want to go back to 4.4 so all of ORBX regions are switched off for me now. Hopefully, something can be done, as I see many users reporting issues here, AVSIM and on the P3D forums themselves. Thanks

Same here. I just upgraded the Client only. I have a number of default situation for such cases.

1. FB KSFO in ORBX NCA: fps down from 31 fps (4.4) to 29,5 fps (4.5)

2. AS EDDT in ORBX GEN; fps down from 37 fps (4.4) to 27 fps (4.5)

Something seems to be odd here indeed.

Orther than this I don't have any issues. No blurries and flight as such is pretty smooth with less fluctuations than before in both cases.

Kind regards, Michael

1 hour ago, gsumner said:

It's really easy to go back and forth between editions. I'm sure if Orbx were part of the 4.5 beta team this was noticed during trials. I'm surprised they haven't chimed in on this thread yet. Bit of a worry. 

Maybe all of them are busy with testing?

2 minutes ago, hjmx said:

Maybe all of them are busy with testing?

Maybe. Doesn't take much to write:-

We are aware of this thread and we're on it. 

Another poster above said we should post in P3D forum as well but as soon as you mention only happens in orbx areas they'll send you back here. Orbx hasn't let us down yet. I guess they'll need time.

Thanks guy's

We do see the threads, I wish I had a magic wand, I am also personally struggling with v4.5, but obviously a large percentage are not. There is probably not going to be any instant fixes for every individual system, but I am sure everyone can work together and help each other as best as possible.  

15 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

Guys, give ORBX a break! P3D had an update and all problems after that are ORBX fault! I have not had any problems with ORBX products after updating that was not there in v4.4.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Hi

I don't think people is blaming Orbx, they are just pointing out in which Orbx products they are noticing issues, in this case Germany.

For me, Germany has always been a stone in the shoe (as London) until v4 and my system upgrade, so I think this product is very demanding, there could be something in its structure that could be conflicting with the new P3D update which I see no bad in mentioning for a revision.

Cheers

Carlos

37 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks guy's

We do see the threads, I wish I had a magic wand, I am also personally struggling with v4.5, but obviously a large percentage are not. There is probably not going to be any instant fixes for every individual system, but I am sure everyone can work together and help each other as best as possible.  

Good to know. But when you say a large percentage is not struggling with performance issues, isn't this is rather an assumption. Not everyone with issues complains about them in this forum, which is of course an assumption too. :)  It is also possible that many users hesitate with updating to 4.5 when reading about  performance issues in the forums.

Yes of course, but the fact still remains that there are a large percentage that do not have any issues, and most of those do not attend the forums to tell us about it....forums are mostly used for the opposite.  :)

Regardless, Orbx and LM are always going to do their best to make things work as best as possible. 

Hi,

Just for your information. In the forums at Prepar3D there are hints that it's due to the new autogen buildings. There are suggestions to lower the autogen settings and see if that helps on the frame rates in 4.5.

Kind regards,

2 hours ago, DaveTfc said:

Hi,

Just for your information. In the forums at Prepar3D there are hints that it's due to the new autogen buildings. There are suggestions to lower the autogen settings and see if that helps on the frame rates in 4.5.

Kind regards,

So...... If there's new autogen buildings. Was an update of content mandatory this time? Is this our problem. Has anyone having problems here done a content update or are we all client update only? 

4 minutes ago, Almedin said:

First time I updatet only client and content and lot of problems with FPS drop, but second time I update all components client, content and scenery and works like charm!

Could this be the answer. Is there anyone that has done client and contents would fancy giving scenery a go to see if that cures it and report back? 

Just for your information, using the System Monitor, I find that running Orbx England with P3Dv4.5 I get a constant memory usage of 37 or 38%. Flying the same aircraft in TE GB South my memory usage starts at about 34% and just keeps going up and up until I get OOM after about 15 minutes.

4 hours ago, Colin David Hodds said:

very true for me I am running out of real ram and vram with jv settings 

Similar here.  I have 32Gb physical RAM so I'm not running out of that (yet) but I am seeing up to 20Gb total used so I can understand why some people with 16Gb are having more pronounced problems.   I also have a 2080Ti and its 11Gb vRAM is being maxed out even on relatively low settings.  (This is TE-GB south P3D as I dont own Germany)

4 hours ago, petesmiffy said:

Just for your information, using the System Monitor, I find that running Orbx England with P3Dv4.5 I get a constant memory usage of 37 or 38%. Flying the same aircraft in TE GB South my memory usage starts at about 34% and just keeps going up and up until I get OOM after about 15 minutes.

Good catch will try to replicate this...

Archived