TE GB South poor performance in 4.5

Good morning,

Having updated to 4.5 with a fresh install and cleaning out all the folders.

Using only TE GB south, I get around 20fps at the default Heathrow,  but soon as I start panning the camera in cockpit or spot mode, the FPS drops down the 0. level, even to the point where the computer completely hangs and prevents anything from being used. 

I have used JVs settings to see if it made a difference to which it didn't 

Below is my system spec, but the cpu is @4.5, I do have an issue with my memory being rinsed, p3d is currently using 11.5gb of ram

https://imgur.com/CKXDGSd

In an attempt to fly about and look to see if there is a visual error, I spotted this just off the runway at EGLL

https://imgur.com/1mreuf2

After continuing on the same bearing from the above picture, Not even over the city centre and I get this error.

https://imgur.com/SORkyop

In the PMDG 747 at ORBX ESSA/FTX Norway, I was getting 80fps in spot and 35fps in the cockpit

In contrast to this, in the QW 787 at ORBX Lowi with Global, Vector and OpenLC I get 80fps, with no lag or fps drop when panning the view.

Any help or steps to fix this would be really appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

2 Weeks after posting this, Orbx has still yet to acknowledge any issues with TE GB south, and just leave this post and many other like it, unanswered.

Can someone please give an explanation, other than see the LM forums as they found a fix as I fail to see why bad FPS in TEGB is LMs issue.

Hello,

we are also waiting for the fix that Lockheed Martin have promised.

What would be the point in starting a search for a solution if it lies with

P3D v 4.5?

You appear to have decided that it does not and that the problem, although

apparently universal to P3D v4.5 users of all kinds of scenery and acknowledged

by Lockheed Martin is in fact due to TEGB South.

@twright

If you cannot find a post that you think you made, go to your own profile

and select "See my activity" where all your nine posts are listed.

Nothing of yours has been deleted.

I see the same performance. But ORBX isn't the problem here. The problem is that I only have 16GB of RAM and once the texture loading starts hitting the pagefile everything just comes to a halt...even with JV's settings. You can test this by eliminating the pagefile. The performance will be much better but depending on location, weather, type of aircraft, etc you'll eventually get an OOM. Upgrade time is coming fast for me..especially after I read the Washington announcement :).........Doug

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

@twright

If you cannot find a post that you think you made, go to your own profile

and select "See my activity" where all your nine posts are listed.

Nothing of yours has been deleted.

Ah ok, then I apologise Nick!

I do hope the upcoming hotfix resolves this, as I've had to shelve P3D for the time being. 4.5 is unusable and 4.4 gives me blurries!

On 4/27/2019 at 9:38 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

we are also waiting for the fix that Lockheed Martin have promised.

What would be the point in starting a search for a solution if it lies with

P3D v 4.5?

You appear to have decided that it does not and that the problem, although

apparently universal to P3D v4.5 users of all kinds of scenery and acknowledged

by Lockheed Martin is in fact due to TEGB South.

My problem is that no one from OrbX seems to have acknowledged the problem, especially when it was mentioned on the release of 4.5 that none of your scenery's have compatibility issues, I get that the test team was probably small and could well have been missed. But it still doesn't alleviate concerns as a customer that my problems where taken seriously before LM had found the problem.

I am having the same problems and my specs are a bit higher than Jcannon83's.

Windows 10 Home,  Intel I7-7820HK CPU, 32GB ram,  NVidia GTX 1080 

P3D and ORBX all installed on an SSD.

I load up the Carenado F33 which is not a Frame rate hog at EGLC and head towards the center of the city and am getting around than 5 fps.  

I got TE South when it first came out and tried it one P3D 4.4 but performance was the same so I removed it and though I would try later after the bugs had been worked out. Now that P3D 4.5 is out and the 1.1 release I thought I would try TE South again but the same issues.

I do remember that with Vector I could disable some of the features, like traffic and performance would improve, what are the features in TE I can disable to get it usable until all the issues are resolved.

5 hours ago, joefremont said:

I am having the same problems and my specs are a bit higher than Jcannon83's.

Windows 10 Home,  Intel I7-7820HK CPU, 32GB ram,  NVidia GTX 1080 

P3D and ORBX all installed on an SSD.

I load up the Carenado F33 which is not a Frame rate hog at EGLC and head towards the center of the city and am getting around than 5 fps.  

I got TE South when it first came out and tried it one P3D 4.4 but performance was the same so I removed it and though I would try later after the bugs had been worked out. Now that P3D 4.5 is out and the 1.1 release I thought I would try TE South again but the same issues.

I do remember that with Vector I could disable some of the features, like traffic and performance would improve, what are the features in TE I can disable to get it usable until all the issues are resolved.

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there are 19 options in the control panel.

Good point, I though there might be some that give more performance increase than others, but I turned them all of and still was getting around 5 fps.  With the older England installed I was getting around 20-25 fps and my system usually gets 50-70 in other areas.  

Well I think its still not ready for prime time, TE-GBS is coming back off the system for now.

My system is mid-range and I have good performance in TE GB South EXCEPT at London.  Since the days of FS2004 London has never been a smooth scenery, and this continues to the current day.  However, if I were to load FS2004 London with my current computer I'd probably see 100fps or more.  I can confirm that using a scenery config editor to untick all un-necessary scenery layers when flying in TE Scenery areas does addto performance, mostly just helps the blurries but also adds a few fps as well.

So, a smooth London at high graphics settings is possible but only if you're running a future-proofed computer such as an i9 9900K chip with a 2080ti card, but for we mere mortals it remains just a dream.  I try to fly anywhere in TE GB South other than London and my flight simming remains enjoyable.

It's possible that a fix from LM will help London flights but I doubt it will be a saviour for lower to medium systems, because pure physics dictates that in order to display the complexity of the scenery you need x number of bits through your cpu/gpu and there's no way around that.

I have a mid-range setup also, and it works fine for me as long as I don't load lots of other scenery.  I use SimStarter to limit what scenery loads.  As Nick said above, a lot of the problems seem to be due to LM.  Wait for the hotfix.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:10 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there are 19 options in the control panel.

Could you confirm if the 3dm models got changed to no shadow flagged in the update please Nick? Cheers! K

• 2 weeks later...

Archived