MFS Boxed Gold Edition Activation Error

WilliamB

I just built a new computer in part because I wanted a more capable machine for FSX using Orbx scenery.  Installed Windows 7 professional and an original boxed MFS Gold Edition purchased in 2013.  FSX installed and activated with no problem.  Acceleration installed but after entering the product key I received the following error: the number of activations for this product have  been exceeded,  try again or call Microsoft activation.   I tried both and neither worked.  As there was essentially nothing on my hard drive but FSX and the OS, I reinstalled the OS and FSX and Acceleration and the same thing happened.   I have not used the software more than 5 or 6 times so I don't think the product activations should have been exceeded. There are many instances of this problem in various iterations on the net but I have found no answer that has worked for me. 

Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

WilliamB

Doug,

Thanks for your 2017 post.  I went to the responses to your post.  My problem is somewhat different. As I understand the registry fix documented in the responses causes the activation panel to appear.  In my situation  after loading Acceleration the activation panel come up.  I am able to enter the activation code but then receive the error that I have exceeded the activation limit.  It also gives me the option of activating by phone with a provided different activation code.  Telephone activation center no longer deals with FSX.  I am also able to chose the activate later option but only have 30 minutes game time.  I will try the registry edit but my problem is not that the activation does not come up.

Thanks

WilliamB

I think your best bet is FSX Steam Edition from DoveTail Games. You may not like this option but it is still supported and installs just fine. I paid only $5 for mine so if you want to wait for another sale you can pick it up for that price. Otherwise it goes for around $30

You may also want to move onto P3D like most people have by now. FSX is going onto 13 years old now so it has pretty much run its course

Archived